Options

I'm a judgey beyotch

124»

Re: I'm a judgey beyotch

• Options
    imagecruelsound:
    imageMrsTotty:

imagecruelsound:
    Truth be told, I don't know why some of you are still trying to argue (albeit, civilly) this topic. It's like Groundhog Day up in this biiitch.

True. But I missed all the good stuff, and I'm bored at work right now, lol.  

You should Google dudes humping furniture.

Somehow I don't think that would go over well with the co. I work for ... lol.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options
    There is such win and such fail in this thread. It's like a roller coaster! But what really makes the thread is CG's gif. No thread is complete without a CG gif.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsTotty:
    imageKC_13:

Well, I can tell you I'm a 2nd time mom, and I still feel sad when a baby is left to CIO. Your argument about "just you wait 6 months" was kind of silly, since many don't believe in CIO for a 6 month old, but think it's more appropriate for 1 year old when the child has had an opportunity to develop object permanence.

I feel sad when I know a baby is CIO. Does that mean I think all the moms who do it are heartless? No. I think it has a place, and for some babies it is necessary/appropriate and for others it is not. I don't make sweeping generalizations about CIO and take it at a case by case basis. I've flamed some people for CIO, but have supported others.

There's a difference between someone feeling sad at the thought of a baby crying all alone and thinking someone is a terrible, heartless mother.

I agree that six months old is a tad young for CIO ... so I will give you that. And I don't care that many 'don't believe' in CIO at any age, I think that's silly. That's like saying I don't 'believe' in breast feeding since I don't do it myself.

Nobody said YOU made sweeping generalizations ... I'm just saying that several in this post did. 

I know you were not talking about me directly. I just disagree with the need to defend CIO because someone said it made them sad. You felt that it was a good reason to, I disagree. I also find those "just you wait" comments silly.

I also don't get how you don't realize that some people "dont believe" in CIO because they think it's harmful. The BF comparison was silly in this situation. Some believe that CIO causes long term harm and is not healthy for children. Regardless of my personal feelings on it, I get why some don't believe in using it for their child and think that others who do are doing something harmful. Doesn't mean that's right or true, but I get why some "don't believe" in it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagerimjob:
    I like The Wizard of Oz.

I like The Wizard of Oz.... in my butt!! Bahahahahaha!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageKC_13:

I know you were not talking about me directly. I just disagree with the need to defend CIO because someone said it made them sad. You felt that it was a good reason to, I disagree. I also find those "just you wait" comments silly.

I also don't get how you don't realize that some people "dont believe" in CIO because they think it's harmful. The BF comparison was silly in this situation. Some believe that CIO causes long term harm and is not healthy for children. Regardless of my personal feelings on it, I get why some don't believe in using it for their child and think that others who do are doing something harmful. Doesn't mean that's right or true, but I get why some "don't believe" in it.

First off, I can defend whom or whatever I want to. It's a discussion board, therefore, I (and others) are discussing our choices. And I say, 'Just you wait' because I can't even tell you how many things I said personally, that I would NEVER do as a mother, and then ended up doing them myself when my kid turned out to not fit into a nice little box of convenience that I thought he would.

And no, BFing WAS harmful for my sanity level, and my newborns ... so your argument there is moot. Think that sounds dumb? I think your argument that CIO (when done PROPERLY) will cause long term damage. DUMB. 

And I do GET that some people don't 'believe' in CIO, I just think they're ridiculous.  (And when I say, 'believe' I mean as in, they don't think anyone should do it in any circumstance. I get there are people out there who CHOOSE not to use it as a sleep training technique, and that's cool, but that's not what was being said here).

• Options
    imageMrsTotty:
    imageKC_13:

First off, I can defend whom or whatever I want to. It's a discussion board, therefore, I (and others) are discussing our choices. And I say, 'Just you wait' because I can't even tell you how many things I said personally, that I would NEVER do as a mother, and then ended up doing them myself when my kid turned out to not fit into a nice little box of convenience that I thought he would.

And no, BFing WAS harmful for my sanity level, and my newborns ... so your argument there is moot. Think that sounds dumb? I think your argument that CIO (when done PROPERLY) will cause long term damage. DUMB. 

And I do GET that some people don't 'believe' in CIO, I just think they're ridiculous.  (And when I say, 'believe' I mean as in, they don't think anyone should do it in any circumstance. I get there are people out there who CHOOSE not to use it as a sleep training technique, and that's cool, but that's not what was being said here).

I never said what you could/couldn't defend. I can think it's silly that you jump in on a thread where someone said CIO makes them sad with your finger wagging "just you wait!" and saying that it's normal to want to defend yourself because someone feels sad over your decision. I'm just disagreeing with you.

The argument that CIO causes long term damage is not *my* argument. I'm saying it is a valid argument and many have that belief. I can understand someone's beliefs without agreeing with them. BF was bad for me personally as well (and my kids would have starved to death from EBF, so that would have sucked). I just think you're comparing apples and oranges to try to link the 2.

• Options
    imageKC_13:
    imageMrsTotty:
    imageKC_13:

I never said what you could/couldn't defend. I can think it's silly that you jump in on a thread where someone said CIO makes them sad with your finger wagging "just you wait!" and saying that it's normal to want to defend yourself because someone feels sad over your decision. I'm just disagreeing with you.

The argument that CIO causes long term damage is not *my* argument. I'm saying it is a valid argument and many have that belief. I can understand someone's beliefs without agreeing with them. BF was bad for me personally as well (and my kids would have starved to death from EBF, so that would have sucked). I just think you're comparing apples and oranges to try to link the 2.

Give it up, Totty knows EVERYTHING.

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options
    imageKC_13:

It was more like I was giggling at them, not wagging my finger. But potaytoes, potahtoes.

And we'll have to agree to disagree on comparing mental stress from CIO not being the same as mental stress from BFing. I don't see how that's different at all.

• Options
    imageAshasaurusRex:

No, I really don't. But the hostility is fun, given that this has been a very civil conversation. Fun times :)

• Options
    My LO has been CIO since I started reading this thread...but it's too much fun to watch this rather than tend to my child. So...Tatum, you will have to CIO a bit longer until I'm finished reading this train wreck!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    imageAshasaurusRex:
    imageKC_13:
    imageMrsTotty:
    imageKC_13:

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• Options
    imageMrsTotty:
    imageAshasaurusRex:

No, I really don't. But the hostility is fun, given that this has been a very civil conversation. Fun times :)

Hostility? LOL.

See what I mean KC_13, you'll never be right, and she always will.

Oh, and

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options
    Re: I'm a judgey beyotchimage honey740:image aktemple:I was really starting to wonder who some of these people were. I know this is a public forum and anyone can post and all that jazz, but it seemed like new people were coming out of the wood work to "support" her. Interesting. I had no idea she had a posse. I must work on my lurking skills.  I have way more posts than you so I don't know how that makes me "new" just because I don't post normally on this board, doesn't mean I don't read. Anyway, the OP was bringing up a controversial topic and to expect not to get people who disagree (and whine when you can't take it) is poor form for the bump. But that's one of the reasons I am not a frequent poster on the "bigger" boards, the same bullies who were here when we were all pregnant on the tri boards all seem alive and well. I am glad you have the internet to hide behind. Oh yeah, well I have more posts than you, so na na na boo boo. Now go back to your little FB group and talk about what big sluts and hors we all are.  I think you're the biggest "hor" of all. 
  • Options

This thread is proof that it's impossible to have a discussion/ debate on here without getting into name-calling. 

Maybe my initial response to this was overly passionate, but it didn't really warrant what came of it.

And thank you, Totty, for saying things much better than I did.  

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageAshasaurusRex:

Hostility? LOL.

See what I mean KC_13, you'll never be right, and she always will.

Oh, and

LOL - I love that episode. 'Spud-nik'

And again, I never claimed that I'm always right (or that anyone has to think I am), I'm only claiming that I'm allowed to have an opinion and voice it.  

• Options
    Last one to get a word in wins! Betches!
    IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Yes to CG and Totty
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    word in

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• Options

imageCinemaGoddess:

I just peed myself

• Options
    imageMrsTotty:
    imageKC_13:

It was more like I was giggling at them, not wagging my finger. But potaytoes, potahtoes.

And we'll have to agree to disagree on comparing mental stress from CIO not being the same as mental stress from BFing. I don't see how that's different at all.

How does BF cause mental stress to an infant?

CIO=mental stress to an infant.

BF=mental stress to mom.

I also have no hostility towards you if you were referring to me in your previous post. Just disagreeing with what you posted in this thread.

Do I win a prize for getting the last word in? :)

• Options
    imageKC_13:

Nope.  LOL  ;) 

• Options
    imageMrsTotty:
    imageKC_13:

Nope.  LOL  ;) 

Damn you!

*shakes fist*

Big Smile

• Options
    imageKC_13:
    imageMrsTotty:
    imageKC_13:

Nope.  LOL  ;) 

Damn you!

*shakes fist*

Big Smile

• Options
    imageMrsTotty:
    imageKC_13:
    imageMrsTotty:
    imageKC_13:

Nope.  LOL  ;) 

Damn you!

*shakes fist*

Big Smile

Beer

• Options
    imagerodeogurl258:

My 6 month old went to bed last night at 9 and woke up at 6 this morning when my alarm went off (yes she still sleeps in my room)

I don't even know what ferber is.

Well, pin a rose on your nose. Last night my LO slept from 11-5:15 and I tore my clothes off, ran outside, and praised the sleep gods that he slept such a long stretch. Two nights prior he woke at 8:30, 9:30, 11, 1:30, 2:45, 4:20, 6:00, and bless his heart went back to sleep until 8. My nipples hurt. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"