Detroit Babies

Location for first bday party in western Wayne County/surrounding area?

Alrighty, so my DD turns 1 on Oct. 21st and we're struggling a bit with a place to host a party.  It's looking like we will have about 25-30 adults and kids attending...and our house is *tiny*, so it's not an option to do it there.  Closest relatives that have space at their house are about 45 minutes away and we don't want to make everyone drive there.

We're looking at renting a space at Plymouth Orchards, but the time slot it's available isn't amazing (would have to have a 10 am party), and our preferred day isn't available.

So, I guess my first question is, how annoying is a 10am party on Sunday?  I know we've got a few church-going friends.

Or, do you know of any other family friendly places to accommodate a group this size?  There will be a few tiny babes (<6months) up to 4 years old.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Location for first bday party in western Wayne County/surrounding area?

• personally, i would not attend at 10am sunday birthday party unless it was for my immediate family.. and even then i might make an excuse lol.. that's just too early IMO.

have you looked at options such as a bounce house? we hosted my step kids birthday party at a bounce house one year and EVERYONE had a blast! the adults loved it just as much as the kids. there's tons all over now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That time is a little odd, but it would work well for me since I have a toddler who naps after lunch!

Still, I think most people would balk at that time.

I second the bounce house idea or even one of the indoor play places like Jungle Java, if you are having a lot of kids.

Come chat with other moms: www.metrodetroitmommy.com!
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have any suggestions, but if you are interested in looking into a bounce house, there is a Pump-It-Up in Canton.  I've never been there before so I can't comment on if its nice or not.  It's on Michigan Ave just west of Canton Center.  Oh, and I'd love to know how whatever you decide on ends up going.  My LO is due Oct. 23 and I will be in your exact situation a year from now.  Good luck!
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Could you just have it a park that has a pavilion or picnic tables, and a play structure. A lot of times children are just happy to play outside for a while and if they are little would be happier if there is a smaller group, a little less stimulation then having to fight a huge group of big kids! Plymouth has a bunch of nice parks, Mc Clumpha Park in Canton is really nice, has a huge play structure and picnic tables.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with jennic.  I'll be in this exact situation next year and am anxious to see what ideas you get or come up with yourself.  This is the ONE reason I wanted a summer baby.  Though in my family baby will have fewer people to share his/her birthday with! 

Do you have access to a club house at a nicer apartment/condo complex?  I went to a party at one at Village Green in Rochester once and they had like a large livingroom with a kitchenette with a tabletop bar to set up food, couches, fireplace, etc.  It wouldn't be as entertaining as a bounce house, etc, but with LO being only one, that might be OK.  And I liked that it felt more like we were in someone's home - not a banquet room. 

• I was going to suggest Maybury but it looks like they have a 2yo age requirement. I grew up in northville and remember that being a nice park and I went riding there. They had a large fire and rebuilt a few years ago. I've not been back (we live on the N side). https://www.northvillecommunityfoundation.com/MayburyFarm/BirthdayParties.asp

Hines Park has various picnic shelters, though the bathrooms aren't ideal for small kids & diaper changes from what I remember.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• I'm late to this message...but what about Jungle Java.... there is one in Canton.

https://www.junglejavaplay.com/canton/pages/home.aspx

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"