Canada Babies

It's Monday.. bleh!

Hi ladies!

How was everyone's weekend?

Re: It's Monday.. bleh!

• Bleh indeed!

Our weekend was pretty good.  H ripped out a wall in my parents place and it was 1000x easier than he anticipated.  All of the support structure was already there in the wall.  It was so nice to have an easy side job for once.

Blockbuster is closing!  We spent $200 on movies and games on Saturday night.  It was pretty depressing in there though.

Yesterday I baked a pie.  It was pretty tasty, but could certainly use some work.  It's been a while since I've made a pie.  I don't mind the experimenting to come though!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's good! At least he didn't have any major problems to deal with lol

I know about Blockbuster! We went in Friday night and spent around $100.. there was lots of stuff that wasn't really a good deal though (mostly the new movies). I want to wait a bit longer because I think they might mark everything down more to get rid of it.. it was SO depressing in there, and I really just wanted to rent a movie!! I hate renting On Demand because it's so damn expensive.. now we have to go to Rogers!

What kind of pie?

We went to a wedding on Saturday, got drunk.. it was fun! lol I thought I O'd on Saturday, but my temp dropped today so it doesn't look like it.. 

• Loading the player...
  • Apple Crumb pie, my favourite!

We got some pretty good deals on the used video games.  They were only 15% off, but some of them were priced less than $15.

My favourite purchases were Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead.  Both were $7 and then 25% off!  They're "only" DVDs, but whatever.

• imageraynes:

Apple Crumb pie, my favourite!

We got some pretty good deals on the used video games.  They were only 15% off, but some of them were priced less than $15.

My favourite purchases were Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead.  Both were $7 and then 25% off!  They're "only" DVDs, but whatever.

Sounds like my H. He is obsessed with buying everything on Blu Ray. I could honestly care less LOL we bought a few movies - Morning Glory, 127 Hours, all of the Bourne movies, Gnomeo & Juliet.. and we bought the first season of The Walking Dead (which is AMAZING!)

• Movie-wise, we came home with Eat Pray Love, Limitless, Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, all 3 discs for Pillars of the Earth and, um, that's it?  Plus at least 3, maybe 4 video games.
  • We didn't buy any video games, all the ones H wanted were still so expensive!

Ugh, I've got a serious case of the Mondays. I'm exhausted!! I'm also trying to plan a get together with some friends in a few weeks, but realizing if I'm KU I don't know how I'll get away with not drinking.. 

• Good Morning Ladies!

I hope you don't mind me joining the conversation.  I have a serious case of the Monday Blahs as well.  My weekend was spent cleaning the house while DH was in the field.  Just really did not want to get up for work this morning though!

Hope everyone has a great day!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesklady:

Good Morning Ladies!

I hope you don't mind me joining the conversation.  I have a serious case of the Monday Blahs as well.  My weekend was spent cleaning the house while DH was in the field.  Just really did not want to get up for work this morning though!

Hope everyone has a great day!! 

I very much dislike cleaning, and my house shows it!  I'm trying this week to keep the kitchen clean.  So far, it's going well.  I hate that kitchen so much it's hard sometimes.

• I hate cleaning too! and when we're busy (like we have been lately) the house is a DISASTER. We don't have a dishwasher so there's dishes piled up in the kitchen, and the dog has been shedding like crazy so we need to vacuum desperately lol
  • imagerocky_star:

We went to a wedding on Saturday, got drunk.. it was fun! lol I thought I O'd on Saturday, but my temp dropped today so it doesn't look like it.. 

I was suppose to O on saturday... I got a surprise and O'ed 3 days earlier than I thought.. Surprise Fvcked up my TTA... oh well lol

Weekend was super busy, ladies night elimination draw, wedding and a baby shower. Got drunk Friday and Saturday.. it was fun because it's been a while.

• lol megs oops!

I got drunk Saturday too, woohoo! now I impatiently wait to O..

• I.Cant.Stop.Throwing.Up. That is my Monday. Blehhhhhhhhhhh!!!! This has been the worst day ever. I can't stop throwing up but I KNOW it's too early for pregnancy symptoms so I think I caught the flu. Not to mention the drama that's going on today at work is enough to make me throw up on a good day. I need hugs. Lots of hugs.
    Me: 32 / H: 35
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 1.0 - 6.18.2012 - She's here! Via C-section @ 38 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    6.25.2015 - He's here! Via VBAC @ 36 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 3.0 - 3.9.2017 - BFP @ 9 DPO! EDD 11.20.2017 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ooooh Karrot that sucks!! Right Hug
  • Also, how did H's interview go on Saturday???
  • imagerocky_star:
    Also, how did H's interview go on Saturday???

Thanks hun! Right Hug

We're not sure how it went. It was the weirdest interview he's ever been on.  He was not allowed to say his name or anything personal. He was given a number along with 4 other guys and put into a room to read a question. He had 2 minutes to read the questions and jot down pointers for what he wants to say in response. They blow a whistle and then he was moved to another room where we was alone with one person. He had 3 minutes to answer and they were looking for specific points and words (but he wasn't told WHAT they were looking for). He had to do this 5 different times. At the end he was given a letter to say he took the test and a note saying he would be contacted at the end of this month to let him know what his "rank" is. If he ranks in the Top 25 then he will be offered a job, pending a passing Physical exam. Hardest interview ever he said. So weird! So a couple weeks and we'll know more.

Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That is terrifying!! I hate interviews where you just have no idea what's going on..

I am SO cranky today.. headache, tired, saw this chick I used to be friends with who lost a ton of weight so there's a big blow to my self esteem lol ugh, I just want to go home and sleep!

• imagerocky_star:

That is terrifying!! I hate interviews where you just have no idea what's going on..

I am SO cranky today.. headache, tired, saw this chick I used to be friends with who lost a ton of weight so there's a big blow to my self esteem lol ugh, I just want to go home and sleep!

Awe, yeah that would make me feel shitty too. That happened to me as well. My good friend who was always a bigger girl like me lost 80 pounds and I felt so terrible about myself because I tried so hard and I couldnt. She got pregnant and gained it all back and then some so now we work out together and are making a lot of progress because she remembers what she did the first time. Maybe this girl could help you?

I'm miserable too today. I told DH we're grabbing the dog and going for a hike tonight because I just need to escape life for a few hours tonight. We're going to eat as soon as I get home and head out.

Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • No, she's a dumb b!tch. LOL I prefer not to talk to her.

I wanted to lose weight before we got pg, but now I'm just like - what's the point? i'm just going to gain it back! 

Wow. I'm negative and b!tchy today. lol I want to go home!! and eat something, I'm starving. H has baseball tonight so I will be camped out on the couch watching the premiere of Anderson Cooper's talk show that I PVR'ed

• imagerocky_star:

lol megs oops!

I got drunk Saturday too, woohoo! now I impatiently wait to O..

oops is right lol impatiently waiting to see if af comes in 8 days  

• imagerocky_star:

I wanted to lose weight before we got pg, but now I'm just like - what's the point? i'm just going to gain it back!

::steps up onto soapbox::

The more you lose before you get KU, and the healthier you can get, the easier your pregnancy should be and the easier the weight will be coming off when you deliver. 

There is never a bad time to start taking your health into your hands.  

I've been around the weight loss block (I've lost about 30 lbs over the last 3-4 years and kept it off) and I've learned a LOT.  If you (any of you!) ever want help trying to figure things out, just let me know.  There are lots of free things you can do to help get a handle on things.  It's not always easy, and it usually takes some change, but it's so worth it.

::steps off soapbox::

And now, time to go practice what I preach!  I'm off to the basement for a workout!

• I'm interested in losing weight before I get pregnant. I need to get rid of about 20 lbs

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"