May 2012 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Books

Has anyone purchased any good pregnancy books?  I'm looking for a good one that tells what to expect from week to week.  Also one for my H...I heard about a book that was a daddy's handbook on what his wife is dealing with week to week but in guy terms.  Can't find the name now though that I could use it.

Re: Pregnancy Books

• Options
    I have and love Expecting 411. It's very down to earth, without being preachy, and full of lots of great info. I have several others, but I don't like any of them nearly as much.
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight."
    BabyFruit Ticker}
    BFP #1: 6/10/11 Natural m/c 6/20/11
    BFP #2: 8/30/11 Vanishing Twin diagnosed at 8 weeks, DS born 5/6/12 
    BFP #3: 5/24/14 stick, baby, stick! Beta 1 (16dpo): 645, Beta 2 (18dpo): 1652
    Heartbeat 179 at 8w5d grow, baby, grow!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I bought "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" and it's pretty good so far. I like that it's split into weeks. It was pretty easy to find since it's one of the most popular books. They also have one just like it meant for the daddies.
    imageimageimage
    BFP #1 ~ EDD 5.20.2012 ~ MC 10.1.2011
    BFP #2 ~ EDD 11.15.2012 ~ CP 3.7.2012
    BFP #3 ~ DS born 12.03.2012

FF Chart
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I recommend the Mayo Clinic guide to pregnancy. It walks you through by the weeks and is very user friendly, with up to date information.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got my husband The Expectant Father by Armin A Brott; it's great!?

image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageFreyaWin2382:
    I recommend the Mayo Clinic guide to pregnancy. It walks you through by the weeks and is very user friendly, with up to date information.

This- I read it cover to cover with DD.. it's great.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think the Mayo Clinic Guide or BabyCenter's Essential Guide to Pregnancy and Birth are the best.

I have Pregnancy Week by Week, but I don't actually care for it, because it jumps around; the others are better organized and still give you week by week information.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

My Blog

• Options
    I got What to Expect When You're Expecting and I'm disappointed in it. It only has very short 2-3 paragraph long blurbs about what's going on each week.
  • Options

imagemikeswife2010:
    Has anyone purchased any good pregnancy books?  I'm looking for a good one that tells what to expect from week to week.  Also one for my H...I heard about a book that was a daddy's handbook on what his wife is dealing with week to week but in guy terms.  Can't find the name now though that I could use it.

Borders' going out of business sale was really helpful for me. I got all my pregnancy books super cheap. 

I gave my DH "Your Pregnancy for the Father to Be." It's by the authors of "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" so maybe that's what you're looking for. I like that it gives each pregnancy issue and then tells the guy how to respond to it.

The other book I got him was "Pregnancy Sucks for Men." He is getting a kick out of that one, and it's actually got good advice, but disguised with humor. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I have What to Expect When You're Expecting.  It's pretty good and also has a special chapter for Dad's.  My husband is reading it too.  I also just purchased Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy but I haven't started reading it.  I know that one won't be as informational but it give me something fun to spend my time on while I've got baby on the brain!
  • Options

I really like my copy of The Pregnancy Journal so far. It's not really a journal/tracker, but it has an entry for each day on what is going on with baby. Obviously we are not all exactly average, so it may not have pinpoint accuracy day by day, but I still like getting an idea of what is going on and it goes into FAR more detail than any other book I have found!

Not as a week-by-week thing so much, but if you want a good pregnancy book I recommend Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn. Lots and lots of fantastic information but given in a very positive way, no negative undertones. I enjoyed reading it, actually went cover to cover while waiting to start TTC.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I have Your Pegnancy Week by Week so far and I also picked up the Dr. Oz book You:Having a Baby. So far, even though the Dr. Oz book is not week by week but done in topics, and I like it so much better. DH actually started reading my Week by Week and really likes it lol!

1st BFP- March 2011. Natural MC @ 8 weeks
    2nd BFP- July 2011.  Chemical Pregnancy
    3rd BFP- Sep 2011. My beautiful son was born May 2012.
    4th BFP-August 2014- Due May 12, 2015

• Options
    imagecbee817:

imageFreyaWin2382:

This- I read it cover to cover with DD.. it's great.

This too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Options
    I have Mayo Clinic's book as well and love it so far - informative but not scary and very well organized.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I just ordered Ina May's Guide to Childbirth from Amazon.com
  • Options

I picked up "The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy" this weekend. So far it's okay. I know it's supposed to be in your face real, but so far I feel like it's all doom and gloom from here on out the way it's written. 

I also have "what to expect"  - an older version I got handed down to me by my SIL. I will probably read it too since I already have it.  

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

• Options
    I am avoiding "what to expect" because all my friends said it did nothing but freak them out. I am really enjoying Expecting 411 and girlfriend's guide to pregnancy.  
    aka- DavidsBride2Be
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"