Philadelphia Babies

Has anyone used PROACTIVE SOLUTION while Pregnant??

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has used Proactive Solution while pregnant??  I'm driving myself crazy lately (and being really hard on myself) about it.  I'm pregant and I've used Proactive for a long time.  It's the only thing that helps maintain my skin well.  The cleanser has 2.5% benzoyl peroxide in it and the repairing lotion does as well.  I've asked my doctor and they won't give me a straight answer on it.  So I feel guilty using it!!!  And obviously don't want to use it if I shouldn't while pregnant.  However, others say it's FINE to use - benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid.  So I'm very confused and guilty and unsure what I should do!  I'm looking to see if anyone else has used it and had healthy babies, etc..

If you have used this or know someone who has while pregnant, can you tell me your thoughts??

I need your advice!

Thank you :(

Andrea

Re: Has anyone used PROACTIVE SOLUTION while Pregnant??

• I was using Proactiv before I got pregnant too and had the same problem where I read in some places that you could use benzoyl peroxide and in others that you couldn't and I couldn't find anything on salicylic acid (or maybe it was the other way around).  I chose not to use it during my pregnancy just to be safe and hoped for the best.  I didn't really have many skin issues.  Keep in mind that your hormones will have an effect on your skin, so you might luck out and not need to use any products for the next few months.  I wish I could give you better advice, but I typically try to err on the side of caution.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You have to ask your doctor about stuff like this, not a message board. I'm not trying to be snarky at all but strangers don't know your medical history and your pregnancy enough to answer a question like that.

FWIW, just like bella, I used it before I was pregnant and stopped during pregnancy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I use it now, but wouldn't have while I was pg.  My skin looked horrible and there was nothing I could do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have read in tons of places no benzoyl peroxide, retinyl A or salicylic acid while pregnant, but I agree with the other posters--ask your OB.
  • Hi!  Thanks for all your responses!  I did ask my OB and she said benzoyl peroxide is ok to use.  Just NOT anything with Retinol.  But Proactive just has 2.5% of BP in it.  Also with my first pregnancy, I didn't use Proactive then because I didn't have it.  But I used Aveeno Clear Skin Foaming Face Wash which has Sal. Acid in it and it was fine.

I'm still now conflicted on whether to use Proactive!  I've been using it because my skin gets very itchy and breaks out like crazy without it.  :(  And my OB said it's ok.  But I get so conflicted by everyone's different responses and all the different responses on the internet.  Some say yes, some say no. 

I guess what I'm looking for is - has anyone used it during their Pregnancy and all has been fine??

:(

Wish I never had breakouts!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"