Missouri Babies

Mom poll!

Okay, since Molly posted a mom-to-be poll, here's one for the moms!

1. What is your child's name?

2. How old is he/she?

3. How was the birthing process? Harder or easier than you thought? Complications?

4. What is the coolest thing so far about being a mom?

5. What one piece of advice would you give to new moms?

6. What is one baby item you couldn't live without?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mom poll!

• 1. What is your child's name?  McKenna Reese

2. How old is he/she?  She is about 2 and a half (32 months!)

3. How was the birthing process? Harder or easier than you thought? Complications?  It wasn't terrible, although a lot of time has passed :)  And epidurals are amazing!!  I was overdue and my bp was a little high, so I was induced.  I never expected I would be stuck in the bed hooked to a fetal monitor the whole time, I had wanted to walk to help things, but oh well.  DD was born with the cord wrapped around her neck THREE times, which could have been pretty bad, but she didn't have any problems.

4. What is the coolest thing so far about being a mom?  The constant changes she makes amaze me.  It's incredible how much and how quickly she learns.  And you can't beat the hugs and kisses either!

5. What one piece of advice would you give to new moms?  Hmm, enjoy everything, because they are only little once.  And don't stress over if you're doing everything "by the book"~you and your child will get through whatever it is even by doing things your own way!

6. What is one baby item you couldn't live without?  ??  Diapers!  Honestly, out of all the things we had for her, I think I used the Boppy pillow every single day.  I could have used one in every room of the house!

So, I've already been ready to try for another one, but now I definitely have the itch hard-core!  My little girl is not a baby anymore!

• 1. What is your child's name? Landon Neil2. How old is he/she? 2 months, 2 weeks3. How was the birthing process? Harder or easier than you thought? Complications? The labor was easier and quicker but the pushing was really hard. ?It was more difficult because I had not wanted to feel anything hence the reason I got the epidural. ?But I ended up feeling everything. ?Fun times.4. What is the coolest thing so far about being a mom? Just staring at him and knowing that he is ours. ?We created him. ?It's like a new chance. ?You see everything again through his eyes and something so small like him discovering his own hands is like an earthquake in your heart. ?You don't sweat the small stuff anymore.5. What one piece of advice would you give to new moms? The first few weeks are a blur. ?It is what I call "sleep-deprived bliss." ?The combo of hormone fluctuations and sleep deprivation make you a smiling zombie of a mom. ?I could not have done it without my wonderful Husband and family. ?And take my advice, SLEEP when you can. ?Even if it's only for 30 minutes! ?Take what you can get.6. What is one baby item you couldn't live without? I absolutely love our arms reach mini co-sleeper. ?I don't know why I thought I would be able to start him out in his crib. ?After he was born we realized we just wanted him as close by as possible at night. ?It's especially difficult for me being deaf. ?I was so fearful putting him in the next room that I wouldn't be able to hear even the smallest cry. ?The monitor didn't make me feel any better about it. ?I feel at ease with him right next to me. ?Both DH and I sleep better. ?I think I will just know when it is finally time to make the transition to his crib.

• Loading the player...
  • 1. What is your child's name? Madelynn Rose

2. How old is he/she? 5 months today

3. How was the birthing process? Harder or easier than you thought? Complications? I got lucky I think because labor was easier than I was expecting - that might have something to do with the epidural. Pushing was harder than I thought, mostly because I felt like I was pushing forever.

4. What is the coolest thing so far about being a mom? Having this little person in my life that I love more than anything. I live for her smiles, giggles, and cuddles every night.

5. What one piece of advice would you give to new moms? Take advantage of all the help you can get. And don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

6. What is one baby item you couldn't live without? Swing - it was about the only place she would sleep in the beginning.

• 1. We have one, named Cameron.

2. Cameron is almost 2. :( We plan to TTC #2 somewhere in the next year or two.

3. Birth was easy. The nurses said I made it look too easy.

4. The coolest thing is teaching him things. He says "pizza" now. :)

5. Never say never. I swore Cameron would be on a schedule and sleeping in his own room, 9 months later, he was still sleeping in OUR bed. I finally have a schedule for him too.

6. A good sling. Hotsling for newborns, babyhawk for bigger kids. I loved it.?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC Baby #2 - BFP on 12/14/11 @ 10DPO - CP confirmed 12/18/11
    BFP #2 on 1/13/12
  • 1.  Payton Bradley

2.  He is 17 months

3.  I thought the birthing process was a lot easier than I expected.  I know I was really lucky and also had no complications.

4.  The coolest thing about being a mom is watching this little person that I helped to create grow and learn.  There is something new everyday.

5.  I would say that new moms sometimes need to take a break and should not be afraid to say they need a break.  Take naps!!!

6.  When P was really little we used our Boppy LOTS.  Definatly need one of those (especially if you are breast feeding)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"