Babies on the Brain
Options

Not sure what the national coverage is for today

But I'm watching the local coverage and there are some differences today.  They will have 6 moments of silence this year, adding 2 for when the plane hit the Pentagon and another for when the plane crashed in Shanksville, PA.  Also, this year when then names are read, everyone who died that day, including PA and DC, will be read plus the 6 killed in 1993.  And when the names are read, family members will be paired with constuction workers who are rebuilding the area. 

At some point, I think they are going to ring a bell at the museum and then the family members will be able to visit the museum, which will open to the public tomorrow.  I am going on Tuesday.

Broken Heart

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not sure what the national coverage is for today

• Options
    {hugs}
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    All of the kids are in the tv room and I can't bring myself to watch the coverage with them watching. The boys obv won't get it but I have no idea how I would explain what happened to DD.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oisin just demanded Bubble Guppies.  He's been asking all morning, so I put it on.  I'll watch the rest in the bedroom.
    photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Every year, it all floods back. Where I was, what I was doing and the mass confusion. ::shakes head::
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My H has had coverage on all weekend. It is so hard to watch and I wasn't anywhere near NYC that day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

<hugs>

MSNBC is playing the today show coverage as it was that morning. I wasn't going to watch but I got sucked in - I wasn't able to watch any of this 10 years ago. I was in HS and all my teachers kept saying "I know you've watched it in all your other classes" whenever we'd ask. So this is the first I've seen all of it.

imageVisit The Nest! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"