Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Updated: Teething = rubbing eyes?

LO just cut her first tooth a few days ago and I think the one beside it is coming too. She has been super cranky and needy and waking up at night crying. Yesterday and today she has been rubbing her eyes a lot when she is rested and not tired. Could this be related to teething? We feel concerned but don't want to drag her to urgent care and expose her to a load of stuff just for eye rubbing- unless we feel something is wrong. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Updated: Teething = rubbing eyes?

• Options
    I would say eye rubbing is not an urgent care type of deal. DS would rub his eyes when he was teething. It was probably because he was so exhausted from not getting enough sleep, if not directly from the teething. I've heard rubbing ears could be from teething so why not rubbing eyes? Unless her eyes look irritated or you do feel something is really wrong, don't fret about it. 
    flight photo flight_zpsa49d4a0f.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker TickerI'm a -retired- bronze super member Hi, I'm Dave's wife...
  • Options

I'm not sure where you live, but the pollen count has been high around here lately.  Could your LO be suffering from a slight seasonal allergy?

C is 3 years old

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It could be teeth, or allergies and skin issues. C rubs his eyes constantly and has a lot of other allergy symptoms (post nasal drip, eczema). He also has a slight case of dermatitis around the eyes so we need to do a daily cortisone cream to reduce irritation. Unless her actual eyes are getting red, swollen or there are other symptoms, I would probably just bring it up at a well-care visit.
  • Options
    Rubbing eyes progressed into red swollen eyes and hives everywhere so we are at urgent care. I knew something was up. I really hope it's not the cat.
  • Options
    I'm not sure it has anything to do with teething... BUT, it just so happens my DS is about to get his first tooth and has been rubbing his eyes and nose like a maniac! I personally feel like it's allergies but you never know. As long as your LO is not running a fever or acting really out of character I don't see a reason to rush to the urgent care. Just monitor and hopefully it will pass!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageatlanticpacific:
    I'm not sure it has anything to do with teething... BUT, it just so happens my DS is about to get his first tooth and has been rubbing his eyes and nose like a maniac! I personally feel like it's allergies but you never know. As long as your LO is not running a fever or acting really out of character I don't see a reason to rush to the urgent care. Just monitor and hopefully it will pass!

We just got back from urgent care. She had itchy eyes and hives. Got benadryl and steroid cream. They don't know the cause. I knew something was wrong. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"