February 2011 Moms
Options

anyone around anymore

Its like all of you migrated to the dam fb page...this place is now boring. Not coolConfused

Re: anyone around anymore

• Options
    I'm not on the FB page...I hate getting all the notifications. I'd rather get on here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    I'm on both, but it's pretty dead around here.

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can turn off notifications :) That's what I did. I just get on and check what's new at my leisure.
  • Options
    I can't find the facebook page to even try and add myself... booo! So basically now I'm stuck with just the 6-9 month board since no ones around any more :(
  • Options
    I wish everyone would come back to this board. I dont have a computer at home so work is the only time I can get on the bump and I dont have a fb page anymore.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageksyknelvr73:
    I'm not on the FB page...I hate getting all the notifications. I'd rather get on here.

same here. Plus I can't be on FB that much at work 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

imagewyldirishrose12:
    I wish everyone would come back to this board. I dont have a computer at home so work is the only time I can get on the bump and I dont have a fb page anymore.

I still check here even though there isn't much going on.  I can't check FB during the day at work, and usually can't check this either, but I'm working from home today!!

I never posted much as the OP, but participated as much as possible.  If you post... they will come!! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So I see some of you ladies are still around. What's new with you gals?
  • Options
    imagemocknine:

If you post... they will come!! :)

True story.

• Options
    I'm not in the FB group, but I don't come here very often because I got tired of weeding through fifty million SS posts to find something worth my time to read. I prefer 6-9. It sucks, I used to like this board.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageemiller1001:
    I can't find the facebook page to even try and add myself... booo! So basically now I'm stuck with just the 6-9 month board since no ones around any more :(

Even if you found us, you can't add yourself. If you want to join, pm MamatoK. She's the admin, and only she can add or subtract people. We made it a closed group so BGPers couldn't infiltrate us. We share some pretty personal stuff there, and have no desire to let that info make its way here just to be the dramz of some bored pathetic girls. 

I hardly come on, if at all, nowadays. I don't spend as much time on the computer as I used to (I feel I spent too much time on it before) and not I only get the 30 min before I got to sleep, or during the kid's naps, or when I get a second to check on my phone- so the FB group is just way more convenient.  I don't unlove anyone here, it's just more effort to get on now.

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageTiffanyTheMom:

Even if you found us, you can't add yourself. If you want to join, pm MamatoK. She's the admin, and only she can add or subtract people. We made it a closed group so BGPers couldn't infiltrate us. We share some pretty personal stuff there, and have no desire to let that info make its way here just to be the dramz of some bored pathetic girls.

I heard you mentioned people from BGP trying to sneak into your little FB page.  I'm pretty damn sure no one wants to infiltrate that page. 

Oh, I thought you might like this pic.  I saw it and I thought of you.

• Options
    imageTiffanyTheMom:

imageemiller1001:

I hardly come on, if at all, nowadays. I don't spend as much time on the computer as I used to (I feel I spent too much time on it before) and not I only get the 30 min before I got to sleep, or during the kid's naps, or when I get a second to check on my phone- so the FB group is just way more convenient.  I don't unlove anyone here, it's just more effort to get on now.

1. Even if you found us, you can't add yourself. If you want to join, pm MamatoK. She's the admin, and only she can add or subtract people. Weird...I don't even remember MamaTok being an active member when I was pregnant and posting on this board. Was there a SN change?

2.  We made it a closed group so BGPers couldn't infiltrate us. We share some pretty personal stuff there, and have no desire to let that info make its way here just to be the dramz of some bored pathetic girls. I am a member of BGP. I also don't start "dramz", and I'd like to remind you that there have been members of your "group" that have done so.

To answer your question, OP, I don't come around anymore because I don't recall these women being so controversial. I used to really like most of you, but recently it has all just gotten very strange. SS, drama with the month boards, elite FB groups..

Sad, actually.

• Options
    I truly think it's hilarious that people actually think the girls from BGP are even like that.  Seriously ladies, you have the totally wrong impression of BGP. 
  • Options
    imageleahadrian:
    imageTiffanyTheMom:

imageemiller1001:

1. Weird...I don't even remember MamaTok being an active member when I was pregnant and posting on this board. Was there a SN change?

I'm not sure why this matters. Are we not allowed to befriend someone just because they were late to the party?

MamaTok, you did not join our BMB until late in the pregnancy, therefore, you do NOT matter, and you may NOT start a FB group for us.

2.  I am a member of BGP. I also don't start "dramz", and I'd like to remind you that there have been members of your "group" that have done so.

I'm not going to make a blanket statement that all BGP girls start drama on the TB boards, because I know that is not true (in fact from my time hanging around there are several BGP members I could probably get along with real well with if I made the attempt. I just don't post enough). But I will take your statement above as concession that there are girls on BGP that do start drama. Otherwise instead of stating that YOU don't start drama, and coming back to say that we do, you would have defended the BGP group as a whole. It's because of those few girls on BGP that the FB group is closed.

To answer your question, OP, I don't come around anymore because I don't recall these women being so controversial. I used to really like most of you, but recently it has all just gotten very strange. SS, drama with the month boards, elite FB groups..

You say you don't come around, but here you are. You must have found us somehow. 

Wait, you complain that we are controversial? BGP houses a couple of the most controversial posters in TB, or at least around these parts (I don't lurk on other boards). I don't understand why controversy bothers you. 

I still don't get the big deal with SS.

Drama on the month boards will never go away. I am sure there has been drama since the beginning.

Elite FB group? This is not the first time I have heard the word elite tossed around with the group. I want to thank whoever came up with that. This middle-class, run of the mill, woman likes to believe she is of the highest class. 

Sad, actually.

Sorry you feel that way. 

• Options

I wanted to talk to some of the girls on from here on fb and MAMATOK never added me.Guess I didn't meet the "requirements" and I DONT belong to bgp

I wouldn't call it an elite group, and I think you girls who have gone to the"FB group " page instead of here, should get tougher skin. It's just the internet, not the end of the world.

And yes I hated coming to this board and reading pure SS this and SS that. Can't you women just PM that to one another.

I liked coming to this board because 1) Your babies are super cute to look at 2) you gals use to have interesting topics before that SS crap was started and 3) I have followed you gals for a long time. Yes, I am not a frequent poster but I did read a lot of the posts written by you.

It's lame that you all left. 

• Options
    imageSuprised Mommy:

Not everyone has left.  Yes, it seems like a large group of women moved over to the FB group, but not everyone did.  And I still see the women who did move to the FB group post here when there is a post that they want to comment on. 

A lot of women tend to "move on" in some form or another after they have their babies.  That's why a lot of the BMBs are dead.  This isn't the only one.

• Options
    A lot of women have also moved to the 6-9 board. This board was dying out before the FB group was even started.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSuprised Mommy:

I wanted to talk to some of the girls on from here on fb and MAMATOK never added me.Guess I didn't meet the "requirements" and I DONT belong to bgp

I wouldn't call it an elite group, and I think you girls who have gone to the"FB group " page instead of here, should get tougher skin. It's just the internet, not the end of the world.

And yes I hated coming to this board and reading pure SS this and SS that. Can't you women just PM that to one another.

I liked coming to this board because 1) Your babies are super cute to look at 2) you gals use to have interesting topics before that SS crap was started and 3) I have followed you gals for a long time. Yes, I am not a frequent poster but I did read a lot of the posts written by you.

I am sorry you feel excluded.  If you had posted more instead of lurking, it would be easier for our admin to recognize your name and feel comfortable adding you. 

The reason we migrated to FB has to do with some of the hostility present in this thread (not saying you're being hostile, but there are posters in this thread exuding hostility).  It has nothing to do with not having a thick skin, but just being tired of people going out of their way to mock and ridicule members of this BMB that they have an issue with.  It makes it hard to have a good discussion when people are waiting for the opportunity to jump someone's shiit.

As a group, we decided to close to new members unless someone is able to vouch for the person requesting admittance.  This isn't because we're being 'elite' but because we're protecting ourselves. You aren't the one saying it, but it's been said in this thread. We are much more open in sharing personal info about ourselves and our children on FB.  It isn't about keeping out BGP girls, but anyone who might decide to use our info against us.  We reached this decision after the screenshot issues that happened in the January FB group.  If we don't recognize someone asking to join our group, we have no idea if they are Wilma in disguise.  I would also like to point out that we are not the only off board group that is closed to new members.

Also, you are missing the point of SS.  SS means Secret Sister.  Since they don't know who their SS is, they can't exactly PM them.  The SS posts are no more or less annoying than the endless amounts of "so and so YGPM NFT" posts that are abundant on all boards.

Finally, you aren't really winning people over with your attitude.  Sorry.

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't mean to come off as rude
  • Options
    imagePennilyn Novus:
    imageSuprised Mommy:

I am sorry you feel excluded.  If you had posted more instead of lurking, it would be easier for our admin to recognize your name and feel comfortable adding you. 

The reason we migrated to FB has to do with some of the hostility present in this thread (not saying you're being hostile, but there are posters in this thread exuding hostility).  It has nothing to do with not having a thick skin, but just being tired of people going out of their way to mock and ridicule members of this BMB that they have an issue with.  It makes it hard to have a good discussion when people are waiting for the opportunity to jump someone's shiit.

As a group, we decided to close to new members unless someone is able to vouch for the person requesting admittance.  This isn't because we're being 'elite' but because we're protecting ourselves. You aren't the one saying it, but it's been said in this thread. We are much more open in sharing personal info about ourselves and our children on FB.  It isn't about keeping out BGP girls, but anyone who might decide to use our info against us.  We reached this decision after the screenshot issues that happened in the January FB group.  If we don't recognize someone asking to join our group, we have no idea if they are Wilma in disguise.  I would also like to point out that we are not the only off board group that is closed to new members.

Also, you are missing the point of SS.  SS means Secret Sister.  Since they don't know who their SS is, they can't exactly PM them.  The SS posts are no more or less annoying than the endless amounts of "so and so YGPM NFT" posts that are abundant on all boards.

Finally, you aren't really winning people over with your attitude.  Sorry.

Be my Valentine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"