Upstate NY Babies
Options

Should I steal DH's keys?

DH has a meeting in Glen's Falls area in the morning, they just closed the Thruway from Verona to Albany with many side roads closed.  I told him before going to bed to check to see if the Thruway is open in the morning, he just said "Nah.  It'll be fine.  I gotta go tomorrow."  DH never believes things can be "that bad" when he sees things on the news and such.  I can see him trying to get to Glens Falls in the morning anyway, and wouldn't put it by him to go around a barracade.  Seriously, he is a civil engineer, you would think he would be more cautious of this stuff!  He is asleep right now, so I sent him an email to see in the morning.  But I 'm thinking I should hide his keys to ensure I talk with him before he leaves in the morning should a miracle happen and the kids sleep past 6am.

Re: Should I steal DH's keys?

• Options
    They are evacuating communities along the Mohawk river, Schoharie creek, and many other places near the Thruway. Lots of flash flood and flood warnings. Weatherman just said don't drive west tonight. I would hope that whoever he has to meet with tomorrow will understand, provided they aren't all typical engineers. Try to talk him out of it. We're supposed to get even more rain tomorrow.
  • Options

imagewendyj:
    They are evacuating communities along the Mohawk river, Schoharie creek, and many other places near the Thruway. Lots of flash flood and flood warnings. Weatherman just said don't drive west tonight. I would hope that whoever he has to meet with tomorrow will understand, provided they aren't all typical engineers. Try to talk him out of it. We're supposed to get even more rain tomorrow.

LOL, you know engineers!  Actually it is an exit interview/going away party for the guy who runs the county airport out there, the guy's last day is Friday.  DH's boss is also going.  He will be flying though so it shouldn't be a problem for him.  Unfortunately, the company has decided it is too much of a liability to allow DH(or anyone else) to fly with him as a passenger for work.  So DH has to drive on his own.  We will see.  DH may have to detour thru Binghamton if that is an option in the morning.  I just don't know if his boss can do the interview, this is DH's client and the boss man is new.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    binghamton is a lake right now.  all schools are closed due to massive flooding.
  • Options
    He went.  Looks like the Thruway reopened.  Of course, after his meeting he is heading up through the ADK to Inlet (old forge area) and then hiking tomorrow to a cave, supposedly that trail has been cleared.  I am going to be a nervous wreck for the next 24 hrs or so.
  • Options
    Hey there - not sure if you want to call him, but parts of the Thruway has closed again between SYR and ALB have closed again.  And so have many of the roads off the exits.
    My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageTinyPinkBug:
    He went.  Looks like the Thruway reopened.  Of course, after his meeting he is heading up through the ADK to Inlet (old forge area) and then hiking tomorrow to a cave, supposedly that trail has been cleared.  I am going to be a nervous wreck for the next 24 hrs or so.

Yikes! I'd be worried, too. DH, who is not an engineer, but has the mentality of one sometimes because he didn't see the big deal, either, actually suggested this route when I told him about your situation. Weather is supposed to start clearing up later today. Hope he gets home safely.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"