Upstate NY Babies
Options

Strange food combos

Is there anything you like to eat that others turn up their nose at?

I like Skittles and M&Ms mixed. As a kid, I used to use applesauce instead of gravy on my mashed potatoes. I still like the way it tastes, but have learned to like gravy too haha

image        image

Re: Strange food combos

• Options

hmmm... I can't really think of anything too weird.

I like to dip my grilled cheese in ketchup (if I happen to order it out w/ french fries... I don't do it if I make it at home... probably because I usually eat it w/ tomato soup, so I dip it there instead!)

When I go to Ted's (local hotdog place) I always get a side of cheese sauce for my fries, and I loooove to dip my pickles in it. DH thinks I'm gross. 

I think almost any food tastes better dipped in either bleu cheese dressing OR sriracha hot sauce! 

I'm a big condiment lover I guess!

• Options

I like to eat limes and lemons like oranges and sprinkled with salt....or I used to drink a vinegar/ water combo...

or microwaved salami- yum! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I like grilled cheese with syrup. But it has to be white American cheese on wheat and the syrup has to be the fake stuff, like Mrs. Butterworth. YUM.

I also always mix corn with my mashed potatoes and gravy on Thanksgiving.

And I like potato chips on pb & j sandwiches...but that has to be raspberry jelly and plain kettle style chips.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsRichardson915:

I also always mix corn with my mashed potatoes and gravy on Thanksgiving.

we are having meatloaf w/ mashed potatoes and corn tonight... both DH and I love mix. I usually just end up steaming the corn in the microwave and dumping it right in the pot w/ the potatoes! 

• Options
    I dip my grilled cheese in mayo, I've heard that was strange.  I also love scrambled eggs on peanut butter toast!  Oh and a bowl of rainbow sherbet with cranberry juice poured over top. Hmm this is making me hungry...
  • Options
    I think my lack of certain foods is strange. I don't like any condiments. TMI, but I had major bowel issues when I was 2-3 yrs old and the only way my mom could get me to take my meds was to mix it in ketchup and other condiments. So ever since them. I just could not do it. Mayo, mustard, ketchup... So my burgers are plain, only pickle. I don't mind lettuce and tomato, but prefer only pickle bc I don't really like the hot and cold mixed. I used to eat my salads plain too until I went on a date with a guy at like age 20 at Olive Garden and felt silly saying no dressing on mine. So then I discovered I like italian dressing, and since then also caesar. But I have never tried anything else and have no desire to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"