Upstate NY Babies
Options

I think I need to quit Target

I went out last night with the intention of buying some band-aids and a new sippy for Charlotte and came home with those items, plus some yogurt for C, some snack bowls, a pair of scissors, some new gel pens and a bag of Skittles. I spend $50 on stuff I don't need. Please tell me that this store is like poison for more than just me...
image        image

Re: I think I need to quit Target

• Options
    Oh man I feel your pain!  I can go in there and spend $50 in about 15 minutes, and the best part is I have $10 left on a gift card, and every time RIGHT AFTER I check out I remember the damn gift card!  And every time I say, "CRAP!"
  • Options

imagemeryltheresa:
    Oh man I feel your pain!  I can go in there and spend $50 in about 15 minutes, and the best part is I have $10 left on a gift card, and every time RIGHT AFTER I check out I remember the damn gift card!  And every time I says, "CRAP!"

Me too!!

I never leave there for less than $50.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

LOL. Last week I went for bandaids and face lotion. I left with bandaids, a shirt for Molly, a dress and a skirt & top for Chelsea, about ten new prizes for Chelsea's behavior prize bag, a boo-boo buddy, and barrettes for Molly.

And no face lotion.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is me as well!  And we have a yucky Target!  AND, they stopped taking the combo manufacturer's coupon + Target coupon on the same item in the last couple of weeks, so BLAH!  It won't stop me from spending a ton I am sure though. 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options
    You are definitely not alone! My mom is a therapist and she said it's amazing how much Target comes up during marriage counseling sessions. It's the devil! :-)
  • Options
    The closest Target to me is 30 minutes away, and while I miss it a lot, my bank account doesn't!
  • Options

imageAshnmike528:
    You are definitely not alone! My mom is a therapist and she said it's amazing how much Target comes up during marriage counseling sessions. It's the devil! :-)

Okay, that is just funny (and sad)!

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options
    I honestly can't go in there without spending at least $50. Every time I go, DH asks "how much this time?" I just can't help it!
  • Options
    Oh...Target, we have a love/hate relationship!   I cut myself off from shopping there when I actually totalled up the amount I spent there for a few months.  I was never leaving for less than $60-80 (and often more than that); I love the place, my bank account does not!   Now I only go if my DH is with me LOL!
  • Options

I'm in the same boat, ladies.  Target is my #1 budget downfall.  I can't leave with less than $50 worth of crap I don't need. 

I actually went the other day for a new thermometer, bought 60 some dollars worth of super cute and unnecessary stuff... totally forgot the dang thermometer and had to go back!!  ugh!!

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageAshnmike528:

That and Facebook I bet! lol

We (R and I) LOVE Target.....but I can walk out without spending too much! We like to browse! 

• Options
    I'm a 50 buck per visit target girl....but thats because i usually pick up food while Im there...I'm pretty good about getting what I came for but then something in the snack foods or the beverages will call to me (today it was sweet tea, orange juice, hot cocoa mix, and choc milk- no wonder I'm peeing 4 times an hour ?!?)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was listening to a radio commentary about Target one day and they just kept referring to it as  "the $80 store". I laughed because it was so true!
  • Options

imageBethPSU:
    I was listening to a radio commentary about Target one day and they just kept referring to it as  "the $80 store". I laughed because it was so true!

That is funny!  I almost never used to leave there spending less than $80, but since being on maternity leave on reduced income, it is about $50/visit.  I love Target....I like to wander there as one of my "mom breaks". 

imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"