Detroit Babies
Options

Disney on Ice

Is anyone going?

and...

Has anyone been to the Palace of Auburn Hills? Anything I should know?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Disney on Ice

• Options
    I'm not going (I really want to though!  I love Disney on Ice!), but I've been to the Palace many times for various functions.  Try to leave earlier than what you expect.  Traffic can get really bad.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Options
    I'd also eat first. There is not much in the way of food up there.
    Come chat with other moms: www.metrodetroitmommy.com!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went to the princesses on ice awhile ago. Be prepared for tons of vendors both in the concourse and walking around the seats. Ugh. Heard "I want that" so much before it started, at intermission, and as we were leaving. They even had people harassing you on the way to the parking lot with $10 grab bags of crap. Not disappointed we already had plans to go up north that weekend. Cute show but so much unnecessary merch. Edited to add: it's not far from Great Lakes Crossing mall which has a food court, sit down restaurants, and other restaurants scattered around the area (mostly off of Baldwin). I live just north of the palace. There's plenty of places to eat. Just not *right there* unless you want McDonalds or culvers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
    Awesome advice and tips! Thanks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Get there early and pee before you have to leave.  They are half staffed in the parking lot for those sorts of events and it takes a long time to get in/out.  Plan on walking far since they only have one gate open to get in/out. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"