Snarky and T-TTC
Options

RE

So my RE redeemed herself a little by calling to ask what happened etc. She said that she thinks what is happening is that my eggs are getting too old by the time they fertilize and then implant and this is causing the c/p and m/c. She doesn't think that we should do the genetic testing yet as only 2-5% of ppl have issues and she think there is a super small chance we could. I said are you sure because we oop and I don't want to spend more money on treatment then have the same issues. She said if I have another c/p or m/c then we will do it but she wants to move straight to IUI once i get Af and my hcg goes down. She said by timing the whole process the eggs won't have a chance to sit around. I am not sure I am totally sold. Do you think we should do the genetic tests?
TTC#1
DX Hypothyroid,Prolactinoma, Annovulatory Cycles, Celiac, Lichen,IBS, Severe Allergies ETC>>
M/C 1/2011
May 2011 Clomid 50mg +Ovidrel-BFN
June 2011 HSG, DH SA Both Normal
Sept 2011 C/P
Sep 2011 IUI w/Frozen Sperm, progesterone therapy

Re: RE

• Options

Do you have any family history? I would be hesitant to spend the $$$ on Genetic Testing (I think my RE's office said it was a couple grand?) but there is a website a friend recommended that I might try out: www.23andme.com

• Options
    We don't have family history per se but my sis has multiple birth defects. My rents were tested for all major things and I was tested for all the major diseases related to Jews.
    TTC#1
    DX Hypothyroid,Prolactinoma, Annovulatory Cycles, Celiac, Lichen,IBS, Severe Allergies ETC>>
    M/C 1/2011
    May 2011 Clomid 50mg +Ovidrel-BFN
    June 2011 HSG, DH SA Both Normal
    Sept 2011 C/P
    Sep 2011 IUI w/Frozen Sperm, progesterone therapy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I probably wouldn't spend the money. IUIs aren't super pricey (I was OOP and paid 450 including monitoring), so i'd try a few of them before undergoing any major testing.
    2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLTF525:
    I probably wouldn't spend the money. IUIs aren't super pricey (I was OOP and paid 450 including monitoring), so i'd try a few of them before undergoing any major testing.

I haven't done IUI's but this is what I've heard about them as well.  If the pricing of the testing is a lot, I think I would go with the IUI route as well to start.

Good luck!

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"