TTC After a Loss
Options

According to the doctor, I had a ruptured ovarian cyst, but it was good news?

I'm really fed up with my body. I really hope this is the last of it.

I suspected what happened this weekend was a ruptured cyst (TMI - extreme constant pain, sudden relief and a rush of fluid into my pad), but I wasn't certain. I finally got to speak with one of the doctors in the practice, and she said it was a "textbook case" of a ruptured ovarian cyst. She said the good news was that it meant I likely ovulated. It also seemed to more or less coincide with the end of my period, but she seems to think that was a coincidence. I really hope the actual ovulation took place a couple of weeks prior and the period was in fact a period, and now I'm on to a "normal" cycle.

Has anyone had experience with ovarian cysts? This was a first for me.

Re: According to the doctor, I had a ruptured ovarian cyst, but it was good news?

• Options

Apparently I got small-ish ones during both of my loss-pregnancies (per ultrasound).  I also had a LOT of pain right around the time that I think I O'd this cycle so I'm presuming I probably got another one.  However, I've never felt anything more than the equivalent of pretty bad gas pain for a little bit, so it's hard to say.

I'm sorry you're having such wonky cycles in any case *HUGS*

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am glad you got to speak to a doctor about it and got confirmation that what you expected was right. I hope this cycle is much easier on you and that you are well on your way to a bfp!
    TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLottaLattes:

Apparently I got small-ish ones during both of my loss-pregnancies (per ultrasound).  I also had a LOT of pain right around the time that I think I O'd this cycle so I'm presuming I probably got another one.  However, I've never felt anything more than the equivalent of pretty bad gas pain for a little bit, so it's hard to say.

I'm sorry you're having such wonky cycles in any case *HUGS*

Thanks. Even if I O'd, we had sex when I kept thinking AF was done (I bled and spotted on and off for almost 2 weeks), so timing wouldn't have been horrible. I have a feeling I had O'd a while back though. Now just back to the waiting game.

• Options

imagehungryhippo:
    I am glad you got to speak to a doctor about it and got confirmation that what you expected was right. I hope this cycle is much easier on you and that you are well on your way to a bfp!

Thank you!

• Options
    After my first loss I had a pretty large cyst on my ovary that the Dr. wanted to keep an eye on.  It ended up going away on its own though, it never ruptured.  When I had surgery for my ruptured ectopic, the Dr. removed some smallish cysts when she was in there "cleaning house."  Glad you got some answers and hopefully are on to a "normal" cycle.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options

imageangielayne926:
    After my first loss I had a pretty large cyst on my ovary that the Dr. wanted to keep an eye on.  It ended up going away on its own though, it never ruptured.  When I had surgery for my ruptured ectopic, the Dr. removed some smallish cysts when she was in there "cleaning house."  Glad you got some answers and hopefully are on to a "normal" cycle.

Thanks!

• Options

I have had 2, one they were going to remove when I had my fibroids removed in 2007, but by the time I had the surgery, it was had gone away on its own.  Then I had another one a few cycles before this last pregnancy that they noted to look at, but it too had gone away by the time I had another ultrasound.  My ovulations are hella painful every month, so they think I'm just prone to it.  FUN!  Hopefully this cycle will be good to you! 

Are you north or south Cali?  The beach in your pic looks too clean to be south!  LOL!

• Options
    imagemisslb02:

I have had 2, one they were going to remove when I had my fibroids removed in 2007, but by the time I had the surgery, it was had gone away on its own.  Then I had another one a few cycles before this last pregnancy that they noted to look at, but it too had gone away by the time I had another ultrasound.  My ovulations are hella painful every month, so they think I'm just prone to it.  FUN!  Hopefully this cycle will be good to you! 

Are you north or south Cali?  The beach in your pic looks too clean to be south!  LOL!

I'm in Southern Cal, but the beach in my pic is Maui. Some of our beaches are clean, but not that clean. ;-)

• Options

lol... I was about to say.  It looked way too nice to be any of the ones around me.  You are right, some of them are nice, but not that nice!  I went to the beach this weekend and my DD found a condom wrapper.  She is 2 and said, "whats that?"... didn't think I would be giving the birds and the bees speech that early!  LOL!

awww Maui... we are going there in Oct.  Can't wait!  :)

• Options
    imagemisslb02:

lol... I was about to say.  It looked way too nice to be any of the ones around me.  You are right, some of them are nice, but not that nice!  I went to the beach this weekend and my DD found a condom wrapper.  She is 2 and said, "whats that?"... didn't think I would be giving the birds and the bees speech that early!  LOL!

awww Maui... we are going there in Oct.  Can't wait!  :)

Yikes on the condom wrapper! So gross. I would have been all over that with hand sanitizer, and I hate hand sanitizer. I guess better to find than wrapper than an actual used condom.

Have a great time in Maui. We love it there.

• Options
    I had never even heard of a ruptured ovarian cyst until I had one that ruptured about 5 years ago.  I experienced it as really strong pain/craps for a morning (which I attributed to the Mirena I had gotten recently), and then the rupture bled internally until I finally lost consciousness and ended up in the hospital. The bleeding stopped on its own after a night in the hospital and it took about 6 weeks for the blood to completely reabsorb (in the meanwhile it was sloshing around my abdomen).  My first and only time I have had a rupture.  I was surprised to hear how common they were.  I read that Mirena increases the incidence of ovarian cysts...
  • Options
    I had 2 rupture this past failed IUI injectibles cycles. I don't think I've experienced pain at that level before. I was stuck in bed for 2 days because it hurt to move. I hope you never have to experience a ruptured cyst ever again! I went in for a baseline ultrasound on cd 3 last week to see what was going on and all they could find was some residual bleeding. I got the all clear from my RE to proceed with another medicated cycle. 
    TTC since 2007. Dx PCOS 6/2010
    4 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid
    Clomid 50mg - BFP #1 - February 7, 2010 Missed miscarriage March 25, 2010
    Clomid 100 mg - BFP #2 - October 28, 2010 Chemical pregnancy November 4, 2010
    IUI #1 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - Femera + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #3 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #4 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #5 - Menopur + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IVF #1 - Microdose Lupron Flare protocol = BFN
    FET = BFN - lost all remaining embryos
    IVF 2.0 - In progress. 20 retrieved. 16 mature. 10 fertilized with ICSI. 3, grade I embryos transferred, 7 made to freeze. Currently in the 2ww.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"