Upstate NY Babies
Options

Freezer meals

so I dont really make freezer meals but I think I should have a couple ready for when this LO comes...do you guys have any go to recipes or websites you use for this?

I googled some- but didnt find anything that looked good... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Freezer meals

• Options

I have had this pinned but haven't had room in the freezer: https://joelens.blogspot.com/2007/01/freezer-friendlymake-ahead.html

I usually make a giant pot of sauce and make a lasagna with 1/2 and then freeze the rest in quart size bags and use that for dinners as the weeks go on.

image        image
  • Options

Here are a few good posts from my favorite blog about freezer meals- tips and tricks and make ahead meals

Some things I personally like and think freezes well- homemade rolls/bread, scones(make and shape the dough then freeze before baking... they can be baked frozen- just add a few minutes), pizza dough, any soup/chili, tomato sauce/meatballs,  chicken taquitos (I made a double batch of these last week, and we had some over the weekend for lunch... they were just as good as the first time), pans of lasagna and ziti (make fully and freeze before baking), and I plan on making a double batch of our favorite chicken enchiladas this week and freezing a pan (with the sauce separate) because I've heard they freeze well.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I liked my husbands awesome mashed potatoes and some corn (or in his case, meat).  For some reason it was a very comforting food, and it heated up well, it was a nice hot meal.

Also my aunt made homemade scalloped potatoes with swiss gruyere and froze individual servings, which came out great.

I hear you though.. otherwise it is all lasagna and mac n cheese..

• Options

My favs were: Lasagna, Ziti, Mac-n-Cheese and Ham a scalloped potatoes. ANY soup is good frozen too.

I didn't make any, but my mom did for us. It did come in handy but take-out is even easier :) I didn't find it too difficult to cook dinner - and kind of liked the time alone in the kitchen while DH hung out with the babes. But it was great to have a home cooked meal without the mess in the kitchen.

• Options

This one isn't really meals, but some good ideas on how to prep things for freezing or how to organize/prepare for making a ton of freezer meals:

https://aturtleslifeforme.blogspot.com/2011/06/freezer-meals-on-cheap.html

image        image
  • Options

I always have cooked ground hamburger in the freezer frozen.  So easy to add to stuff for a quick meal.  I can usually buy it cheaper in bulk and it doesn't take much longer to just cook up a whole batch and then seperate and freeze ~1-1.5 pound ziploc bags. 

We also right now have ziti and pulled pork in the freezer.

• Options
    Good suggestions so far.  We also had large bags of tortellini, ravioli and forzen veggies for quick and easy meals.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"