Upstate NY Babies
Options

The house is so quiet! *updated*

I just dropped Gavin off at his first day of preschool, Riley is sleeping, and I don't know what to do!  :)  He did great at drop off, pushing his way past another little boy who was clinging on to his mom and kind of blocking the door.  I hope his day goes well!

Re: The house is so quiet! *updated*

• Options
    hope he has a good day! what time do you pick him up?
  • Options
    Good job G!  I'm sure he'll have a great day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, it started off good according to the teacher...  I walked in to pick him up and he was in different shorts and was crying.  From what I could make out in between sobs, someone pushed him down the slide.  The director came over and told me that he was crying on the playground but wouldn't tell them why.  Then when he came in, he had an accident, so she was helping him change his clothes and he told her someone pushed him down the slide, which is why he was upset.  On the way home, he told me "I wanted you, Mommy, when I was sad."  That was my moment to cry...I thought I'd cry dropping him off, but he was so excited that I was happy for him.  When he said that, I started crying in the car.  :(  I told him that I knew he was sad, but mommy will always come back, yada yada yada, and he said, "But it was too long.  I missed you."  I offered him lunch at Chickfila, hoping it would end on a happy note, but he didn't want to go.  So, we had a picnic in the backyard instead.  I'm worried about Thursday now...I have a feeling it won't be so easy to get him to go. 
  • Options
    Awww, poor guy.  I think some of that is normal- I know Rosie had a hard time with sharing and being around the other kids for a while.  But it didn't take a really long time for her to get used to it.  I'm sure it will just get better and better for him!
  • Options

imageJenJar:
    Well, it started off good according to the teacher...  I walked in to pick him up and he was in different shorts and was crying.  From what I could make out in between sobs, someone pushed him down the slide.  The director came over and told me that he was crying on the playground but wouldn't tell them why.  Then when he came in, he had an accident, so she was helping him change his clothes and he told her someone pushed him down the slide, which is why he was upset.  On the way home, he told me "I wanted you, Mommy, when I was sad."  That was my moment to cry...I thought I'd cry dropping him off, but he was so excited that I was happy for him.  When he said that, I started crying in the car.  :(  I told him that I knew he was sad, but mommy will always come back, yada yada yada, and he said, "But it was too long.  I missed you."  I offered him lunch at Chickfila, hoping it would end on a happy note, but he didn't want to go.  So, we had a picnic in the backyard instead.  I'm worried about Thursday now...I have a feeling it won't be so easy to get him to go. 

Oh my Jen, what a little hunny - I would have been crying too! I hope that your next drop-off goes ok. I would just keep stressing that Mommy will always come back and think about all the kids and the fun toys and activities they will get to do. Maybe he will surprise you?

image        image
  • Options
    Poor little guy.  I would offer him things to do immediately when he has a problem where he wants you but you aren't there.  Like going to specific teachers and what to say to them.  Also, not that I am blaming him he may have just gotten there, but ask if he was lingering on the slide and not going down and tell him about moving along so someone else can go down.  This is the part of these issues I tend to forget to address. Do they allow a lovey at preschool?  Both Ty and Bri's preschool allow a lovey in their bag in case they need it for situations like that, they also ask that we send a family picture if they want to see mommy for comfort.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"