Pregnant after IF
Options

Belly so uncomfortable... only 15 weeks

I think it is just indigestion and gas, but my belly is very uncomfortable! Any tips?  Did anyone else experience this and have it get better over time?  I have been pretty uncomfortable for a few days.  And how can I be sure it's not actually something wrong with the baby? TIA.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore

Re: Belly so uncomfortable... only 15 weeks

• Options

:( Im sorry! -- I was in Mat clothes that early because ANYTHING pressing on my tummy made me so nauseated and sick. No real advice.. just wanted to sympathize! <3

Married November 2007
    DH became a double above knee amputee with traumatic brain injury (TBI) - July 2009
    TTC - August 2009 DX: Severe MFI & TF due to TBI
    DH SA 0 count, started clomid therapy - November 2010
    DH SA 0 count, increased clomid dosage - January 2011
    DH SA 75 million with 60% motility!! - May 2011
    IVF with ICSI ONLY OPTION - May 2011
    3dt of 2 Grade A 8&7 cell embryos May 19, 2011
    +HPT May 30 2011 -- Memorial Day!
    Beta #1 = 34 Beta #2 = 101.8 Beta #3 = 603!
    Expecting beautiful Eden Grace February 7, 2012!
    I don't believe that God ever tells us "no". he has three options. Yes, not right now, or I have something better in mind. We just have to wait & see. BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I don't recall being uncomfortable but try laying on your side and increase fluids, good luck to you
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMyHusbandMyHero:

:( Im sorry! -- I was in Mat clothes that early because ANYTHING pressing on my tummy made me so nauseated and sick. No real advice.. just wanted to sympathize! <3

Same here.  Even thinking about anything on my tummy (even the belly band) made my stomach hurt.  My mat pants so far are the natural waist ones.

Are you sleeping with a pillow?  Has your belly popped yet? (I don't recall seeing any pics Chicago Wink)  

It could just be your ute moving up into your stomach too.  Hopefully it is just the regular growing pains I have been feeling too.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Options

I'm with you.  Definitely uncomfortable.  I'm a few weeks ahead, but, still shouldn't be huge- uterus wise at this point.  I have to be super aware of what I eat, as mine seems to be a lot of gas/indegestion.  Have you tried simethicone (aka gas-x)?  That seems to help some.   Being uncomfortable, belly wise is a pretty common symptom.  Unless you're having bad cramps or bleeding, I'm thinking all should be ok with baby.  Hope you can find a solution! 

TTC #1 May 2007
    M/C January 2008
    DS February 16th, 2009

TTC #2 July 2010
    Diagnosed MFI
    IUI#1 w/ bravelle 5/12/11 -- 0% morph on day of IUI, but somehow BFP:
    Beta #1 38 at 12dpiui, Beta #2 85 at 14dpiui Beta #3 1100 at 19dpiui
    DD born December 28, 2011 at 34w6d

Baby #3 due June 14, 2015

• Options

Thanks everyone!

Lying on my side for a little while did help.  I am not really sure if my belly has popped.  I mean I have a belly now, but it's not hard like a pregnancy belly.  I have tried gas-x, but I am not sure if it helped.

Congrats on the girl, MHMH! :)

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Options

I don't know if this helps you or not, but I just got my biggest pregnancy symptom in the last week or so... terrible, terrible gas.  I'm still early enough not to have a baby belly of any kind, but when the gas is bad, it's genuinely painful and I look bloated.  It always gets worse by the end of the day, and if the beginning of the day isn't great, then I know I'm in for it.  Thank goodness I don't work in the evenings, as I sometimes cannot button my pants by that point and I don't have a belly band yet.  :(  

I've been reducing my intake of fruit and rice (although I was trying the BRAT diet for a while, rice seemed to make things worse).  That has helped somewhat but no matter what, I definitely am feeling uncomfortable by the end of every day these days. Yogurt seems to have helped a little, I think.   

Hope you feel better soon!!! 

On a TTC journey since March 2010 that is making me more appreciative of life and love. 7/20 -- Surprise phone call from RE after lap pre-op appt-- BFP! 8/5 -- Ultrasound #1 8/12 -- Ultrasound #2 Pregnancy Ticker My Imperfect Pursuit of Gardening
  • Options
    imageChicagoWeded2007:

Thanks everyone!

Lying on my side for a little while did help.  I am not really sure if my belly has popped.  I mean I have a belly now, but it's not hard like a pregnancy belly.  I have tried gas-x, but I am not sure if it helped.

Congrats on the girl, MHMH! :)

Thank you very much!
    Married November 2007
    DH became a double above knee amputee with traumatic brain injury (TBI) - July 2009
    TTC - August 2009 DX: Severe MFI & TF due to TBI
    DH SA 0 count, started clomid therapy - November 2010
    DH SA 0 count, increased clomid dosage - January 2011
    DH SA 75 million with 60% motility!! - May 2011
    IVF with ICSI ONLY OPTION - May 2011
    3dt of 2 Grade A 8&7 cell embryos May 19, 2011
    +HPT May 30 2011 -- Memorial Day!
    Beta #1 = 34 Beta #2 = 101.8 Beta #3 = 603!
    Expecting beautiful Eden Grace February 7, 2012!
    I don't believe that God ever tells us "no". he has three options. Yes, not right now, or I have something better in mind. We just have to wait & see. BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"