Potty Training
Options

Day 1 wrap-up and any tips for next two days?

Well, Day 1 has come to a close...DS turned 2 a few weeks ago and he has been showing readiness for a while now and we CD so I think that helped him to be aware of when he's wet.  We didn't really use a specific method or do much research, but we are trying to get a kickstart over this long weekend.  If it doesn't work now, we are totally fine waiting but we figured we'd give it a try and see what happens.

DS woke up dry after 12 hours, and went to the potty this morning and went after a few minutes.  Really surprised us.  He had three potty accidents over the course of the day (while distracted and playing), and each time went running over to the potty immediately after and squeezed out another drop or two.  He went #1 about six times in the potty, and #2 twice also.  We didn't change a single diaper all day!  Which is nice, since that's one less load of laundry to do.  The rewards we used today were giving a chocolate chip for #1 and a yogurt raisin for #2. Oh, and letting him wear big boy underwear. He loves them and wanted to wear them all day.  Otherwise the day was pretty normal aside from not leaving the house much: twice to play in the yard, and one short car trip to get take-out.  He stayed dry during those.  He just drank water & milk and ate at his normal snack and mealtimes.  I was surprised he was so willing to sit on the potty and didn't need to be coaxed with special treats/activities.       

Any suggestions for things we can do tomorrow to keep up the motivation?  He seems to be getting the hang of it and tonight after dinner he ran over to sit and two seconds later he announced that he made a 'BIG poop!"  I don't know how many accidents are typical on day 1, 2, or 3.  I did feel like we asked him often if he had to go. Sometimes he told us no, and sometimes he didn't say anything but went to sit on his potty.  I just want to keep things positive for him and try to keep the ball rolling.  Thank you for any advice/suggestions!!

Re: Day 1 wrap-up and any tips for next two days?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"