Canada Babies
Options

Okanagan Baby

Hello Canadian Mommies!

I've been looking around the general boards, and the Feb. 2012 board for mamas near me.  Took me a while to even find the local boards at all!  

I'm from Kelowna, BC, and wondering if there are any other Okanagan mothers-to-be out there?  Hubby and I are pretty much the last of our friends to get pregnant, so it's been a little lonely not having a bump-buddy.  :(   I've been able to chat with friends who have already had kids, but the conversations are a lot of "I remember when" this or that happened for the first time, and not so much conversation about what I am experiencing right now.  It's nice, don't get me wrong, but not exactly what I want or need!

Having someone nearby that I could talk to would make me feel a little less lonely. 

I hope everyone is doing well, and is having a great day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Okanagan Baby

• Options

Hey there! I'm in Kelowna as well!  I'm due in December 2011.  I missed the boat as well, all my friends got pregnant before and I'm all alone in my pregnancy.. lol :)  Congrats to you!!

• Options

Hey congratulations!! 

So I'm not the only one who's felt left out!  *Phew!*  

Are you expecting in early or late December?  Hoping for a Christmas baby?  :)  I'm just glad to be able to be fat when I can wear big ol' sweaters every day!  

It's so good to know there is someone else nearby!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Well hello there, Kamloops!

How's the weather up there?  ;)

• Options

I'm due december 12, but I'm having a scheduled c-section so maybe will deliver early? Not sure!  It's lonely being pregnant alone - all my friends just had babies and I feel like the odd one out.

I'm just looking forward to having this baby... it feels like the last 6 months have been going in slow motion.. though I am always so hot these days I'll probably still be wearing tank tops in december! hehe

• Options

Been offline for a little while...  having computer issues!

I agree, about feeling like the odd one out.  But, I'm starting to enjoy all the attention from it!  All my friends are always checking in to see how things are going, and they're so interested and excited!  I don't think I've kept this good of contact with a lot of them since high school!  Just enjoy the attention you get for being the only pregnant friend in your group, I guess!

I'm glad I wasn't a blimp through summer at all, so I could still wear my regular clothes, but now that pants-and-sweater season is upon us, I have to buy a whole new wardrobe!  Thank goodness my sister works at the maternity store in the mall!  Going to stop in there today, I think, and grab some pants and bras.  Finally starting to see a bump (I'm a bigger girl by nature, so I'm showing a little later...  ), and my pants are too tight!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"