1st Trimester
Options

I DONT WANT TO WORK

2»

Re: I DONT WANT TO WORK

• Options

Some people have horrible nausea. I personally had an intolerable first trimester and although most of the morning (actually all-day) sickness subsided, I still threw up at least once a day until I gave birth. It just became easier to handle because I knew what my triggers were and I knew what time of day I would always throw up no matter what (right when I woke up).

That being said, being pregnant and having to do something else that first trimester is SUPER hard. I barely got through school and actually failed the lab portion of my environmental class, but luckily my lecture professor evened out the grade for me.

I hope it does get better for you, but don't feel bad if you have to take a couple days off. It'll get easier as you get used to being pregnant, and then once you have the baby, that first period of time will be horrendous but will also get better once you adjust. 

As for one of the PP's advice, I personally took no medication for the duration of my pregnancy, no matter how bad my headaches or nausea was (and it was pretty bad). I didn't want to risk any effect on my LO. I did have the flu once and had to take Tylenol because I had a 103 fever, but that was it. Take that advice with caution, though, as if you are used to medicating yourself for any ailment, you might not be able to not do so (I was already used to minimal self-medication).

Good luck, with what ever you do! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelindsayrideout:
    yowza, I will absolutely think twice before posting up on here again. Thank you to everyone who gave me some good advice, I really appreciate it. I'm not looking for anything to be sugarcoated and I appreciate your honesty and tough love. As for the people who were down right mean, I'm sorry that you are so miserable that you need to go onto a pregnancy website where women are looking for help and support and call them a piece of ***. I am by no means lazy nor have I ever been. I work very hard and my career is very important to me. ALl of the being said, it does not stop the fact that I feel terrible. I do not think pregnancy is going to be easy and I do not think that I am going to be a bad or lazy mother simply because I feel horrible in my first trimester. This was absolutely not what I was looking for when I post on here. Again, thank you for all the good advice to the people who;s feedback came from a good place.

You should think twice about what you write on here. People have no time for whiney bulls*t, we've all been there. No one wants to hear a grown women piss and moan about life! BTW your in no way a lazy POS perhaps just clueless!

lilypie First Birthday tickers
    image image
    MY BLOG A Stay At Home Moms Search For All Things Sensational
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

OP, sorry people are taking their hormones out on you. Your frustrations seem legitimate to me. It's rough in the first trimester. I don't know a single pregnant woman who doesn't feel the same way as you do! I know I do. I've even missed two days of work because I couldn't stop throwing up all day long, and I can't get through the day without a nap...I almost fell asleep at the wheel when I skipped it one day. It's really hard. 

My husband doesn't make enough to support both of us either, so what I did was cut down on my workload to part-time and try and find as many ways to be frugal and earn money from home (I do some freelance writing, babysit on occasion, etc). It helps make sure there is still some income on my part, but it keeps me from burning out.  

• Options
    imagesmallysmallz04:

imagelindsayrideout:
    yowza, I will absolutely think twice before posting up on here again. Thank you to everyone who gave me some good advice, I really appreciate it. I'm not looking for anything to be sugarcoated and I appreciate your honesty and tough love. As for the people who were down right mean, I'm sorry that you are so miserable that you need to go onto a pregnancy website where women are looking for help and support and call them a piece of ***. I am by no means lazy nor have I ever been. I work very hard and my career is very important to me. ALl of the being said, it does not stop the fact that I feel terrible. I do not think pregnancy is going to be easy and I do not think that I am going to be a bad or lazy mother simply because I feel horrible in my first trimester. This was absolutely not what I was looking for when I post on here. Again, thank you for all the good advice to the people who;s feedback came from a good place.

You should think twice about what you write on here. People have no time for whiney bulls*t, we've all been there. No one wants to hear a grown women piss and moan about life! BTW your in no way a lazy POS perhaps just clueless!

Yea.....because no one ever vents or complains on the bump. Indifferent Perhaps, people with no time, should not be bumping....?

OP- Good luck, we all have those days when it's extremely hard to function. Hopefully 2nd tri is better for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    image1sTimeMom2Ella:
    Quit. You're obviously a good candidate for medicaid, welfare, etc. ie: Lazy POS.
    This is such an ignorant statement.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • Options
    image1sTimeMom2Ella:

Oh get over yourselves and stop acting like you aren't aholes at least 85% of the time. I don't care if people are on medicaid or welfare. Some deserve it, some don't. 

Apparently for August, we only hit 85%.  Work harder ladies.  The goal for September is 94.5%.  

Disperse! 

• Options
    imageRandomPickle:
    imageTitts McGeee:

image1sTimeMom2Ella:
    Quit. You're obviously a good candidate for medicaid, welfare, etc. ie: Lazy POS.

There are good ideas, and then there's this post... 

Agreed.

Yes

• Options
    I don't know what is going on with this forum but people are just plain mean and disgusting. The nausea will go away soon and you'll get your energy back...trust me:)))
  • Options
    geez, pretty harsh.....
  • Options

Wow! Sounds like a LOT of us could use some extra sleep! What a mean crowd!

I think the better answer is to focus on why we have to work, we have a growing family to support! I've had a hard time focusing, the closer it gets to my due date - so many distractions and concerns, not to mention physical discomforts - but, I keep trying to go about my daily business and do my best at my job so that they'll still be happy to have me back after my leave is up. That would be my advice to you, chin up! 9 months seems like a long time, but it goes by so fast!

• Options

I know how you feel, I am 11 wks and already have 3 boys(17,14,and 2 yrs) and a full-time job.  I found that if I eat an apple in the morning it helps the nausea as well as the "tired" feeling.  Plus, make sure you drink lots of water.  Dehydration can feel like exhaustion. 

• Options

Sheesh. This forum is usually a much happier place than this. It's not lazy to need a little support and encouragement every once in a while. We all need that.

My advice (I'm 36 weeks) is to just keep telling yourself that you're doing it for your family. Work sucks, but my daughter and my husband need me to tough it out, so I am. Delegate tasks to your boyfriend too. My husband is now in charge of dog walks, and he helps cook dinner and do dishes. And go to bed at 8 if you have to. I do! Pregnancy symptoms have a way of disappearing suddenly too, so remember that you won't be nauseous for the rest of your life, even though it seems like it sometimes.

It's a funny thing about human nature. We all seem to think we work harder than everyone else and deserve more. But the other day when my back ached miserably and my hips hurt from work where I mostly sit at a desk, I saw a lady who was just as pregnant as me waiting tables. All I could do was count my blessings, as few as they sometimes seem.

• Options

I cannot believe how harsh people are on here!! not everybody has it easy in life to just have one parent working.. goodness..

lindsayrideout: I know exactly how you feel. I felt the exact same way.... it was horrible... It is just now starting to look up a little.. even at that I am still often late to work. I am 15 weeks now. I tried almost everything they told me to to try and nothing helped.. I was just so miserable.. Still am a bit.. You're going to just have to be really tough and suck it up :( it's just training for when the baby actually gets here. I wish you the best!

• Options
    WOW. I can't believe how cruel and nasty some of these posting are!! The lady is just looking for support.... My heart goes out to you. I really had a hard time with my first pregnancy because I had to deal with the same things that you're having to go through. It was the same for my 2nd pregnancy too, the only thing that made it easier was that I knew what to expect... and what to do to make my life easier. You always hear people talk about how hard it is to have a baby but you don't really realize just how hard it can be until you're going through the experience yourself... It can be sort of a shock..... My advice, just know that the 1st and 3rd trimesters are usually the hardest (for different reasons) and that IT WILL GET EASIER (for the majority of women anyways). Also, there are medications for the nausea that your OB/GYN can prescribe which will help a great deal. As for the tiredness, well... just try and get as much rest as you can. Maybe try finding a job where you can work from home? That's what I did for my 2nd pregnancy and it's made SUCH A HUGE DIFFERENCE. Good luck to you sweety... TRUST ME. IT'LL BE SO WORTH IT IN THE END THE MOMENT YOU LOOK INTO YOU BABIES EYES!!!
  • Options

Its funny how a lot of people in here are telling her to suck it up when most of you have a small infant child and are pregnant again. OBVIOUSLY some of you are currently on leave or have stopped working to raise your first child.SOOOOOO.... its easy to talk when you are not currently working since when bby takes naps you can all nap and be lazy too. SOOOO working and being pregnant is HARD and hearing people like this makes it even harder. Pregnancy SHOULD be filled with joy and happiness but it gets rough, and obviously there is nothing wrong with goverment aid.... AFTER all it is your money, correct me if im wrong, you at one point payed taxes?you buy stuff... you pay taxes. 

For LINDSAYRIDEOUT-- Don't fell bad if you have to ask for some days off or having to work part time. No one else knows what your pregnancy is like but u and only u. Life and Family is all about sacrifice and making the right choices. If you can manage a part time job, cut your costs somewhere then do it but always remember to have the future in mind for when baby comes. 

And BTW i have a grade school child, not infant... and on my second child and working full time so i know what im talking about 

• Options

I  have been having a pretty rough first trimester. It's my first baby, and the preggo symptoms are at their peak! I'm lucky where I have a job that I can attempt to negotiate a bit with my supervisor. I notice I'm more of an early bird now (the anti-nausea medicine helps with that) so I come into work early and clock in some extra hours so if I absolutely cannot stay awake in the afternoon I can go home and nap. Sometimes I have the option to work from home too (if it's just paper work) and it makes a huge difference to lay out on the couch and type vs. sitting up in a chair in stuffy work clothes.

Comfort in all forms and drinking a tons of water (and sometimes ice-cold carbonated beverages) works for me. I know how you feel though-since this is my first time it's a completely new experience and sometimes it just feels like a bad stomach flu! Every day is different though, just take it day by day Smile

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wow people are rude, anyways i felt the same way for the majority of my 1st trimester, i could pretty much puke on que if i ever needed to! i work 40hrs plus and this is my 1st child and it sucks badly and i actually lost weight because i couldn't eat and would puke everyday at work for 2 months straight and I ok and felt horrible but i sucked it up because you know you need that paycheck..just eat crackers and drink ginger ale yeah its gross but it really helps, keep trash bags with you at all times, take Tylenol and put a hot pad on your head for a little bit and lay in bed with the lights off..  i went to bed right when i got home from work and would just stay in bed and just watch tv and  on the weekends i stayed in bed too luckily my mother and husband would clean for me because any hardcore (okay cleaning isnt hardcore) movement that made me move around for 30mins made me sick I couldn't take any kind of medication because i couldn't keep anything down or i had all the side effects so i had to suffer through it but once i hit my 16 week i finally started feeling better so it will get better you might be having a girl they are harder on your body or so they say and thats what i am having BUT every women is different and i heard stories about boys being just as tough
  • Options
    Wow, people are being very harsh. I am 11 weeks pregnant and I completely understand your fustrations. It is hard to motivate yourself to still go on to work after getting/feeling sick. I too have to take it one day at a time because we have no other choice. We have to work to provide. Good luck to you and I do hope (as some have said) that the second trimester is better than the first for you and I!
  • Options

Really people... She's not the first woman to feel that way. I'm 9 months pregnant and am having a really hard time coming to work. I realize that some have it easier (which I WISH I were one of those people) but, life goes on ... you figure it out and find out what you're made of.

That is all.

• Options
    I couldn't agree more. Reading the replies to this woman's post made me want to unplug my computer and throw it out the window! There were so many jerky, rude, mean comments! This is supposed to be a safe place where women can get advice and counsel, not get berated for sharing how they're feeling. Hey Bumpies- This mamma is signing off and NEVER asking this panel for advice AGAIN!
  • Options

Seriously, there are posts similar to this weekly.  I have no idea why this one raised so much ire.

When I was pregnant with #1 I had horrific, all day nausea for my entire pregnancy.  The days seemed to stretch on forever, so I feel your pain.  I kept going to work because I knew I would be just as sick at home.  :(  Plus, I wanted to save my vaca days for when the baby came.

Hopefully yours ends soon.  Until then, try to get on zofran.  It's been a miracle this pregnancy and I am SO upset that I didn't have it with #1.

* Oh, and for the people that said that it's just teaching you to what life is like with a newborn - ignore them.  I had a third degree tear which took months to heal and a baby that woke up every 2-3 hours and I would have STILL taken that pain and exhaustion over first tri nausea.  Things will get better!  This too shall pass...  :)

• Options
    The first trimester is pretty tough. Keep in mind it usually gets better in the second trimester for most.  I feel your pain about not wanting to work through the nausea. I'm an esthetician and conceived in late May. I was nauseous all day long in the summer which is prime time for brazilian waxing. It was the last thing I wanted to do being nauseous and the smells made it worse. All I would do when I got home at night is crawl into bed. It gets better and you learn to juggle all the weird feelings and sensations you get, just as you will learn to juggle children and a career.
  • Options

I'm pregnant with my second and I know exactly how you feel. I'm not a lazy worker by nature (before kids I worked 50+ hours a week). BUT I had a really hard time at the beginning.  And I'm having a hard time again this time around. I, too, don't want to work (I'm fortunate that I work from home now).

Best advice I can give: Drink lots and lots of water.  Believe it or not, water deficiency is the cause of 80% of headaches!  And it also makes you super tired. 

I fill up a large glass of water at night and keep it right by my bed. As soon as I wake up (even before I go to the bathroom) I drink as much of it as I possibly can. That really helps me get that extra boost I need to get moving in the morning.  Also, I'd set a timer every 2 hours at work to remind me to drink water (when I did it every hour, I just learned to ignore it - 2 hours worked better).

As for those on this board that were not so supportive, remember you're not alone. And I think it was actually easier having a newborn than the months 3,4 & 5 of being pregnant. You kind of get a boost of adrenaline because you know that little munchkin needs you.  

Like some others have said, just take it one day at a time. And remember "this too shall pass!"

• Options
    Wow!  Lots of harsh words.  The first trimester can be tough.  I experienced non-stop nasea and vomiting and lost 10# before my doctor prescribed an anti-emetic.  I also did not feel like working at that time.  Who would?  Just take it easy during the first trimester.  The fatigue and nausea subside for many people in the second trimester.  I feel great now and it isn't difficult to get through the work day, but in the beginning it was terrible!  You can also take FMLA for morning sickness, but if you use the time now you won't have as much when the baby arrives.  Hang in there!
  • Options

I'm not as far along as you, but I've had 24 hour a day morning sickness for the last 5 days.  I called and got a prescription for Zofran, which has made it a lot easier to function during the day.  I'd suggest a call into your doctor.

Many women work 40 hours or more a week while pregnant and I'm not sure what sort of job you have, but sometimes you can be creative at work.  I've got 2 great bosses that are allowing me to work from home when necessary. I felt weird telling them so early, but didn't want them to think that I was slacking at work, just incredibly sick until I found something to make me feel better.

The hardest thing for me is to realize that I don't have to get all the chores done and that for right now, I have to relax a little bit. I have to work, but I don't have to get the dishes done right this moment.

• Options
    Kind of amazed at the number of people who coincidentally decided to post today, of all days, on this post, of all posts. Weird.
  • Options
    Why does everyone have to be so mean? Come on women isn't it about time we support eachother?  How about some encouragement?  Frankly, I don't feel like working much either, 5 months pregnant and am a registered nurse, my job is very physical. But we do what we have to do. Look at it as a preparation for the work ahead when your child is born. You can do it!
  • Options
    Wow some of these other moms are incredibly rude.  I totally understand what you are going through.  I have hyperemesis gravidum and have been so miserable I've wanted to die.  I'm lucky that I work 12hr shifts so I only have to work 3day/wk and that really helped me to have the long stretches off to be at home puking my guts out.  Talk to your boss and see if you could take some time off or even drop to part time until you start feeling better.  I am now 14wks and the nausea is getting so much better.  I was continuous vomiting from almost 6wks until recently.  It will pass and work will be better.  Having a baby is expensive so keep that in mind if you're taking time off. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"