C-sections
Options

Exercisers/Runners-8 wk PP?

I've just started running and exercising again since getting the doctor's ok.  I feel ok when I run but afterwards my "insides" feel a bit sore.  Anyone else in the same boat?  I'm assuming it's all fine since I asked the OB but just wondering when it will stop being sore.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Exercisers/Runners-8 wk PP?

• Options
    When I had my son, harder exercise wasn't comfortable for me until 12 weeks postpartum. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I broke the rules and did some squats/ lunges and chest presses this morning. So far, just my legs are sore.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tried at about 7 weeks pp, but I got some sharp pains during and afterward which scared me. My dr told me I should be ok to take it slow and not do anything that isolated my abs and if I felt sharp pain to stop immediatley. That freaked me out so I didn't pick it back up until about 15 weeks pp and by then I was just barely sore.
  • Options
    I am in a similar situation except DURING running, my insides feel sore. I have been teaching kickboxing for 12 years and plan to get back to that around 10 weeks PP. 12 weeks is the standard "full recovery". 8 weeks you are still healing quite a bit even though you may feel ok. Take it easy! Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers JAN09-Oct09: TTC Naturally. OCT09: HSG- Normal NOV09: Round 1 Clomid 50mg CD5-9= BFN DEC09: Round 2 Clomid 100mg CD5-9= BFN JAN10: Round 3 Clomid 100mg CD3-7= BFN FEB10: Round 4 Clomid 150mg CD5-9= BFN SA= 120 million, 54% Motility, 7% Morphology. JUN10: Round 5 Clomid, IUI, unsuccessful. JUL10: DONE & FED UP. OCT10: Started Integrative Reiki Energy Therapy. NOV 05, 2010: BFP! SEPT 20, 2012: BFP! More Reiki and Baby Z #2 is on his way! Due May 29, 2013
  • Options
    I'd just say take it a little slower than you think you may need to and trust your body and instincts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"