Health & Exercise

active 10 month old who hates stroller..

my daughter and i used to take walks every day. but ever since she can pull herself up and cruise she hates being strapped in to anything (stroller, carseat) how can we stay active together? oh yes and the baby bjorn is like a death trap to her... i mean legit screaming... please help!!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: active 10 month old who hates stroller..

• My little brother was that way, he never wanted to slow down!  I don't know if this would work for your DD or not... but could you schedule your workouts during her nap time?  Although my brother hated being confined, that's the one time he would eventually fall asleep- and once he was asleep my parents would let him be where he was for the remainder of nap time.  So maybe you could go for a long walk or run when she needs to go down, she would fall asleep in the stroller after some fighting, and when you get back home just roll her into the living room while you get stuff done while she sleeps?  

I think this is a big fear of mine once LO is here- hope he can stand being worn or being in the jogger while I walk, otherwise I might lose my mind if I can't workout!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • it all goes so fast so I really don't remember how much real food they eat at 10 months, but I give DD a snack to get her in and sitting for a while, usually a gram cracker or a cup of cherrios or puffs.  She's usually good for a while (we may run 40-50 min), but if she gets fussy after her snack I have a pacifier attached to the stroller that I'll give her.  It gets us through our walks/runs so its one reason I haven't pushed giving it up.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Loading the player...
  • Also try putting toys in the stroller with LO.

My oldest hated strollers at that age and now loves it lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"