Hawaii Babies

**lelekay**

I was wondering if you could share with me the website where you found the gnome costume. I think I may get it for my lil guy. Thanks again for the idea!!

btw- what did you end up going with?

~B 

Re: **lelekay**

• Of course!  It's:

https://www.chasing-fireflies.com/baby-costumes/products/47/1/0

I did end up going with the gnome.  Mostly because H overheats really easily, and I worried that the headpiece of the caterpillar would get too hot.  And since it's attached to the rest of the costume, it would be hard to take off.  The gnome has a hat, but he keeps hats on pretty well, and if not, it would be easy to take off.

I actually already received it.  It's nice!  My only complaint is that the hat is super small compared to the rest of the costume.  H is currently in 24 month clothing, and will probably be in 2T by Halloween.  I ordered the 18mo-2T size one.  It fits pretty well, if anything a little big (which is good, since we've got two months yet).  But the hat is tiny!  It would only fit a newborn, IMO.  I actually called them about it.  The girl I talked to was super nice, but there wasn't much she could do about it (I didn't expect anything, I just wanted them to know).  She did make a note of it, though, and said that is anyone else mentioned the same thing they'd contact the manufacturer about it.  Oh well.  I can make a hat pretty easily, so I'm not too worried.  I just hate that I have to make anything when I paid that much.  But I still think it was worth it.  It's sooooooo darn cute on him! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thank you so much! It seriously is the cutest costume I have ever seen! :)

I know H is going to look so cute in it!! Sorry about the hat being too small, that is really annoying. But like you said, the hat should be pretty easy to make. I found a website for a DIY gnome costume...maybe you could use the template for the hat and modify it to your liking. https://familyfun.go.com/crafts/little-bearded-gnome-674561/

The jacket and pants look really thick...is it heavy? I am a little concerned that M may get too hot in it since Oct here is still warm...

• Loading the player...
  • Cool!  Thanks for the template.  I'll probably use it for the hat.  Ir'll be super easy. 

The jacket and pants are fleece, but a lightweight fleece.  For us in Chicago, it's perfect, since you never know what you'll get in the end of October.  It's it kind of warm, he'll just wear this over a diaper.  If it's cooler (we have been known to have flurries right around then some years), he'll wear this over sweatpants and a long-sleeved t-shirt.

The beard attaches by velcro-ing to the hat on both sides. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"