Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Nightgowns during day?

This is kind of a silly question, but just curious...

My daughter has been given a ton of "nightgowns" - basically extra long dresses that pull up for easy diaper-changing. I'm sure you all have lots of these too.

Does your child wear them during the day as well, or only at night? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Nightgowns during day?

• Options
    If we're not going anywhere, then definitely yes. We consider them all day wear. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageMrs Castillo:
    If we're not going anywhere, then definitely yes. We consider them all day wear. 

This. Esp. in the beginning. We don't use them much anymore because her feet get stuck in the elastic, she can't kick and gets mad. I also find them annoying in general.

However, she's always in a sleeper most would consider pjs. If we're just home all day I rarely change her out of her bedtime clothes until she spits up on them or the like.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsIMrsI member

Personally I change DD everyday into clothes and only use sleep n' plays at night.  I have always changed her into her pajamas during her last feeding so that she would associate it with going to bed.  Now she eats at 9:00, half way through the bottle when she stops to eat I change her and get her ready for bed.  She finishes her bottle and then I put her to bed.  It works for us but whatever works for you do it.

We only used the gowns a few times since DD's feet always get cold in them and even putting socks on if she got her legs out they would get cold so we stuck with footed sleepers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMrs Castillo:

Yep, this or her pjs if we aren't going anywhere.

Hi, I'm Amanda :)

Remembering Evelyn and raising Bailey
    Evelyn Born at 24wks 6days on May 22, 2010 due to pre-e Passed away May 25, 2010

BFP# 2 Delivered 6wks early due to preeclampsia
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Photobucket

• Options
    imageAuburnt:
    Only at night, but I'm big into routine. After we both wake up, I change her diaper and then put her into regular clothes, even if we're not going anywhere.
    Ditto this. She wears a gown at night and in the day I always put her in an outfit (95% of the time just a cute, simple onsie).

• Options
    Our LO only wears them at night now.  It's been too hot all summer to have him wear them during the day.  If he had been born at a colder time of year(or if we had central A/C) he would have worn them in daytime too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love the gowns but we just use them for night. That's all she's ever worn during the night. For day she's usually in a onesie and pants.
  • Options
    I change him when he wakes up in the morning, mostly because I want him to realize difference between night and day, and I wasnt sure if that helped or not, but I tried a bunch of things around 2nd week. Im a routine person and thats a part of our morning routine.
  • Options

imageAuburnt:
    Only at night, but I'm big into routine. After we both wake up, I change her diaper and then put her into regular clothes, even if we're not going anywhere.

This exactly. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"