C-sections
Options

c/p: emergency c-section? planned c-section? etc..

Which category do you fall under?

PS. Let me know if I need some more categories! Thought that would be better instead of including a SS option right away Smile

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: c/p: emergency c-section? planned c-section? etc..

• Options
    Emergency c-section. Might have another, might have a vbac, might not have any more kids. I'm still not over it, so thinking about the future is kind of hard at the moment.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageJennV514:
    Emergency c-section. Might have another, might have a vbac, might not have any more kids. I'm still not over it, so thinking about the future is kind of hard at the moment.

Will make new answer. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just noticed this board.  Had emergency c and am having a planned this time.  No way will I endure what I went through last time again only to possibly have my body still not cooperate.
  • Options

I am a s.s.

We discovered DD was breech while getting my water broke to start labor, so I had to have a csection.  It started out really laid back, OB kept going back to his office to see pts.  So it wasn't emergency, but not planned.

My c section ended up being a horrible experience (I had to get put under)  so I will absolutely try for a VBAC.

• Options
    1st c/s was technically planned. DS1 turned breech 5 days before my due date. I had a c/s two days later. My 2nd c/s was unplanned after a failed VBAC attempt.
  • Options
    I didn't have a an emergency c/s with DD.  I had really bad SPD and elected to have a c/s due to the severe uncontrollable pain I was in. Induction was a failure after 24 hours so I elected to have a c/s. I planned on a VBAC with DS but was unable to do it again because of SPD pain so I schedule the c/s.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I voted emergency c/s and plan to have a c/s in the future.  Mine wasn't exactly emergency, after nearly 4 hours of pushing my DD wasn't budging so we went for the c/s.  Her heart rate was fine, everything with me was fine, she just wasn't coming out!
  • Options
    Had a scheduled c-section due to breech presentation.  I will definitely be trying for VBAC the next time around.
  • Options
    Define emergency... I think of an emergency c-section to be one where they are running you back to the OR as fast as possible to get the baby out.  It seems people use the emergency definition when referring to unplanned c-sections, such as when labor isn't progressing or baby and/or mom aren't tolerating labor.
  • Options

Em c/s and then diagnosed with cephalic disproportion. I would love to VBAC but not sure I can find an OB or take the risk to go through the same thing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm not sure where I fall. :) But ultimately the answer is that I'm undecided, though leaning toward a VBAC if we decide to have a third (which is very much unclear at this point). 

My c/s with DD2 wasn't planned, exactly -- she was breech, and we had a version attempt scheduled, with a c/s to follow if she wouldn't flip. But my water broke a day and a half before that, so we had to head to the hospital in the middle of the night for my c/s.

Not exactly an emergency, and it was a couple of hours of prep and waiting before she was actually born -- but it was still urgent and definitely not according to plan.  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options

scheduled c-section for baby's vertebrae issues turned into emergency c-section because he decided to come early... will try vbac

so maybe a scheduled c-section for necessary reasons? i was planning a natural birth before this

Cloth diapering, VBAC, BF & FF, AP momma to two 2 and under. Special needs - DS born with clubfoot and diastrophic dysplasia (dwarfism)
  • Options
    We were a scheduled c-section for our frank breech LO. My water broke 4 days before my scheduled date and we had the c-section then. I will definitely have a repeat c/s if I have another baby.
  • Options
    Emergency c/s and I put that I will try for a VBAC, but really, unless I move, that is not an option.
    Thunder Logo Pictures, Images and Photos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had an emergency c-section with my daughter, and a scheduled c-section with my son.  I don't think we are having more kids, but I would have another c-section if we had a 3rd baby.  I never wanted to attempt a VBAC with my son, and I have no desire to try it with another baby.
    Previously known as *Scuzzlebutt*

• Options

I think I'm a special snowflake, or maybe I'm just interpreting the word "emergency" wrong. My c/s was unplanned, and it is unlikely that Nora was going to drop down on her own after 18 hours of labor, being completely dilated and effaced, and 2 hours of pushing (she was still too high to even be considered at a -2 station). However, there was no "emergency". Her heart rate wasn't plummeting, her cord wasn't wrapped around her etc..

In any case, I would attempt a vbac if things were favorable, but I wouldn't be upset by a repeat c/s either. 

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options

My c-section wasn't an "emergency" either. After 12 hours of labor, I was only dialated to a 5, was on the highes dose of pitocin and she still wasn't coming out. My blood pressure was rising and dr told me it was my decision ultimately, but he recommended the surgery.

Turns out, DD moved her head at the very last minute, and her head was lodged up and wasn't going to move. I could have spent 12 more hours and not dialated anymore. So I'm glad for mine and DH's decision to do a c-section.

I will also be having a repeat c-section, when we have #2. First, my OB doesn't do VBACs, and after watching SIL push out a baby 2 days ago, it looked super painful and hard.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Pinterest:misskristina22
    Instagram:misskristina26
  • Options
    I had a scheduled c-section due to DD being breech. I very much intend to have another scheduled c-section for the next one.
  • Options
    The boys were emergency c-section (PTL with transverse baby B) and I will have to have another if we choose to have another child(ren) due to the classical cut I had to have.
  • Options
    Scheduled c/s due to breech baby... IF I have another...I'll opt for another c/s, thanks.
  • Options
    Mine was definately an emergency. They let me push a couple times and before I knew it dr. said stop pushing we have to have c/s. Her heartrate was really really bad when I pushed and before I knew it there was what seemed like a hundred people in my room and they rushed me to OR. Not decided what to do in the future. I was set on wanting a VBAC in the future but now I'm starting to think I don't to go through all that just to have an emergency again. I'm going to a new dr. and we briefly discussed it and she says sounds like I'm not a good candidate for VBAC anyways.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageTimshel17:
    Emergency c/s and I put that I will try for a VBAC, but really, unless I move, that is not an option.

This exactly.

Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I knew I would have a c/s really early on due to having a metal plate in my pelvis.  I never got to entertain the thought of having a vaginal birth.  Any future children will also be by c/s.  
  • Options
    No choice for unplanned c-section.  I don't consider it an emergency as neither of us were in distress at the moment.  My platelets were dropping and other labs didnt look good, but not what i consider an emergency.  WE discussed the c-section at 1230 and she was born at 120.  I will try for a VBAC unless I would end up with pre-E again, or have another medical need for an induction.  I personally would have a RCS over an induced VBAC.
  • Options

I might be an odd one on this, but my c-section was planned. My dd was measuring large and at 39 weeks there was zero progress. My doctor gave me the choice of laboring and see what happens and deliver a 10+lb baby or just schedule a c-section. I jumped at the chance for a c-section. Everything went according to plan and it was really a great experience. I will have another scheduled one once we decide to have another baby.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My first was technically planned a few days ahead of time. I had cholestasis and a big baby on my hands. This time it's a RCS.
  • Options
    my labor was quick. 12 hours from 0cm to 10cm with just one dose of cytotec. 42 weeks, meconium, high blood pressures(180/100), his heart rate kept dropping. pushed for FOUR hours, he was really low, but because of his heat rate couldn't get into a good position for pushing. I opted for c/s at that time vs vacuum. I am an L&D nurse so I knew my options and what would be best. The doctors/midwives didn't think the vacuum would work and neither did I. I am glad I had the c/s. next time - not sure what I will do. possibly VBAC if I don't go overdue and go into spontaneous labor. or just repeat c/s. 
  • Options

I'm an emergency c-section then planned c-section.

My first was an emergency c-section due to fetal distress.  I was considering a VBAC but my pregnancies were too close together.

• Options
    Had an emergency c/s and not a single hospital nearby will do a VBAC so had to have a planned c/s
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Had a scheduled csection due to pre e and breeched baby as well. I plan on having a cestion in the future. It really wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.
  • Options
    had "emergency" csection though if I would have gone to 39 weeks it would have been scheduled because DS #2 was breech (water broke at 37 weeks).  It was an experience I would not want to repeat so I am glad we are done having children
    Brady Hunter 08/12/08 Carter Joseph 07/31/11 image
  • Options
    I had a c/s because I wanted one.  I did my research and decided that I would prefer a c/s.  I asked my doc at the first appt. (6 wks) and I asked if she would do a c/s if it wasn't medically necessary.  Thankfully she said yes.  I ended up having high BP around 35 weeks and had my son by c/s at 36w4d.  The c/s "experience" for me was great.
    www.moderndaysuzyhomemaker.blogspot.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had a vaginal delivery with DS and an emergency c/s with DD.  We want to have one more and since I ALMOST had a c/s with DS (same reason for DD's...heartrate dropped off the radar/went too low and wouldnt come up) we are not willing to risk it and will have another c/s.  

My recovery was WAY easier with the c/s too so that definitely plays a roll in the decision (especially if I have 2 kids at home to have to worry about) 

• Options

Had an emergency c-section...wanted to VBAC so so bad.

However, we have been trying for 30 cycles to get pregnant and I am so consumed with that.  If I ever do get pg I will hope for a VBAC, but I am more open minded.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

My first was more unplanned than emergency - DD1 was not distressed or anything, but was stuck and I wasn't progressing.

DD2 was supposed to be a scheduled c/s, but decided to be born early, so when they couldn't stop the labor they delivered her.  So somewhat scheduled.

This time around, I am hoping to schedule a c/s for about 38/39 wks (that early since its twins), but with my history of PTL and multiples' notorious tendency for complications and PTL, we'll see.  I guess I'm planning on having a c/s, but don't know if it will be scheduled, if that makes sense LOL

• Options
    I had an emergency csection and wanted to try for a VBAC this time until doc told me he didn't suggest me trying for a VBAC. After he got paperwork from DDs delivery, he said I was a high risk for having a VBAC so I am taking his advice since he is a VBAC friendly doc.
  • Options
    Had a c-section wasn't planned or emergency. After 38 hours of labor I had enough so c-scetion it was! At the moment I'm not planning on having any more kids - one and done!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had an emergency CS.  We are one and done.  Not because of the CS but because of almost loosing DS to a birth defect that we didn't know he had.  DH was in Afghanistan when I had him so being told he might die and not having DH there is something I don't ever want to chance again.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm having a scheduled c-section with my first due to a previous myomectomy.  I had so many uterine fibroids, the doc said if I had already had children, she would've recommended a hysterectomy!  Luckily, she was a skilled surgeon and was able to remove a majority of them between 2 surgeries, but it left my uterus scarred and battered, so c-section it is!  I'm just happy I was able to get pregnant...
  • Options

My c/s was emergency and terrifying. We didn't know for sure we'd be delivering a live baby, it took him forever to cry. I actually couldn't even really talk about it until Ryan was 6 or so months old.

I'm having a planned c/s this time. I don't want to take the risk of having a birth experience like my first.

Ryan wouldn't fit through my pelvis and it looks like I'm one of the rare cases of true CPD.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"