2nd Trimester
Options

6 month cold :/ Hubby sent me back to bed...

Hi ladies.  I was just thinking how grateful I was to not have gotten a cold during my pregnancy.  I should have known the change of season cold would be soon approaching.  

I can barely breath, stuffy head, a lot of pressure, headachy, and not feeling so hot.  Any suggestions for relief?  I'm about to do a steam.  Thanks for any tips you may have!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 6 month cold :/ Hubby sent me back to bed...

• Options

I'm in your boat! My mom is a MW and sent me the following list of okay's after my Tylenol Cold meds just made me laugh. Dont waste your money on that.

Sudafed, Ocean Spray nasal spray, and Emergen C. That's about all you can take.

• Options
    imageirwinkle:

I'm in your boat! My mom is a MW and sent me the following list of okay's after my Tylenol Cold meds just made me laugh. Dont waste your money on that.

Thanks for chiming in!  Just mixed up some Emergen C and I'll try the other two remedies if need be.  Take care of you. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMissyk1124:
    imageirwinkle:

Thanks for chiming in!  Just mixed up some Emergen C and I'll try the other two remedies if need be.  Take care of you. 

Ask your doctor about taking Emergen C, mine told me I wasn't allowed to take it.  Not sure why seeing as I know some people take it all through pregnancy, but just call and make sure it's ok for you and baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageheathermc28:
    imageMissyk1124:
    imageirwinkle:

Ask your doctor about taking Emergen C, mine told me I wasn't allowed to take it.  Not sure why seeing as I know some people take it all through pregnancy, but just call and make sure it's ok for you and baby.

It's because too much vitamin C can cause a miscarriage. There are people who take massive amounts of vitamin C in the hopes of miscarrying, instead of getting an abortion.

I looked this up myself as I saw someone mention it online once, I even found a women who thought she was impregnated by aliens and kept taking large amounts of vitamin C to 'get rid of' the 'alien' fetuses.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm just getting over a cold now. Sudafed and Benadryl were on my approved list, as was saline nasal spray. Honestly, nothing really helped (all I wanted was some Dayquil!) Warm baths and hot tea with honey were nice. 
  • Options

imageSaraTF:
    I'm just getting over a cold now. Sudafed and Benadryl were on my approved list, as was saline nasal spray. Honestly, nothing really helped (all I wanted was some Dayquil!) Warm baths and hot tea with honey were nice. 

Thanks...warm epsom salt bath is my next stop.  Tea is definitely comforting.  I'm trying to sleep it off as best I can.  I'm happy to hear you're on the tail end of it.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"