Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Yeah, I'm petty

[For short version read bold]

But then again I'm tired and toting a 22lb sleeping baby in his carseat accross the apartment complex parking lot.

It's like an unwritten rule at our apartment complex that the 2 spots in front of each townhouse belong to the 2 cars of that townhouse. Well when the college kids come around, everything goes all to hell. I come home and one of those little b@stards are parked in my parking spot, so I have to park on the other side of the lot. Of course DS is sleeping, I have to grab the diaper bags and the grocery bag since I don't want to leave him alone. 

So DH came home from bowling and he had a couple drinks in him and called the grounds man, who's really nice to us. He knows we have a baby and he'll even take the trash for me if he sees me struggling with baby in hand. Since they don't have parking tags (then they have to park in visitor parking), they're getting tickets anyway(not real ones). It just feels like a win Smile

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Yeah, I'm petty

• Options
    That would be super annoying. FYI I read your title as "pretty" instead of "petty". I was like someone's full of herself over here...
    IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageTitts McGeee:
    That would be super annoying. FYI I read your title as "pretty" instead of "petty". I was like someone's full of herself over here...

Oh yeah!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think you're petty at all. People are so rude! That drove me absolutely nuts when we lived in our old apartment. I swear, other people's parking habits consumed me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageGeneralZod1:
    I've had someone towed out of my spot before. I pay for it and it is clearly marked. It was the 5th time they parked there and I had left them 4 notes before. Their license plate wasn't registered with our apartment complex, so the manager couldn't call them and I never saw where they went. The 5th time they were there for 2 hours, and when I came home with groceries and a grumpy baby while DH was at work... I flipped *** and called the towing company that services our lot. They were gone 30 minutes later and I never saw their car again.

Love this! H was actually really irritated and said "We don't pay $1200 to walk half a mile!"

• Options
    I'd be right there with you. But I'm one of those people who dial *77 while driving down the highway. If you're doing something stupid/dangerous (like driving 80 mph at 11:30 pm in a black POS with not a single rear light and cutting people off), I'm calling.
  • Options
    Yay! Mostly for DH stepping up and being the bad guy! Some day they will have kids and get that they are being jerks, for now they can be as POed about the tickets as you were about the heavy (and J is 20lbs so I get it) baby situation!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options

imageOctGirl80:
    I'd be right there with you. But I'm one of those people who dial *77 while driving down the highway. If you're doing something stupid/dangerous (like driving 80 mph at 11:30 pm in a black POS with not a single rear light and cutting people off), I'm calling.

What is *77?

• Options
    imageOLIVE101887:

imageOctGirl80:

What is *77?

Not sure if it's just MA, but it dials state police from your cell and the dispatcher will connect you with whichever district you are in.

• Options
    Good! I don't even like strangers parking in front of my house, and I could always just park on the other side of our street.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This post edited by moderator to remove hyperlink spam.
  • Options
    Good for your DH! We don't have assigned parking spots but come winter I wish we did because we're one of the few who spent time actually shoveling and clearing spots which of course get taken as soon as we leave. Everyone else just drives out over the snow and leaves the spots filled in. I'm not looking forward to trying to finagle over snow and ice with DS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"