Working Moms
Options

A different FMLA Question - Not Maternity Leave

My DD may need to have her tonsils and adenoids removed, and the doc said she may need to be out of school (daycare) for two weeks.  He'd like us to do it in the next 4-6 weeks, and I am pretty much out of vacation time.

Am I right to think I might be able to use FMLA to take the necessary time off? (I realize it would be unpaid)  My company is definitely covered by FMLA and the I returned from maternity leave more than a year ago, so I'm not barred (by my company) from taking it.

Any reason not to use FMLA time to take care of DD? Can I work from home while on FMLA? (not that I would want to if unpaid, but I know you can't on disability)

Thanks! 

Re: A different FMLA Question - Not Maternity Leave

• Options

yes, you can use FMLA time for this

AND, there is no requirement that FMLA be used in a lump sum time frame.  If your work is agreeable, there is no reason why FMLA can't be applied to allow you to work 4 hour days or something in that regard

• Options
    Cool, thanks for the response!  How did things turn out with your travel plans?  How is your DH?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRobynScott:
    Cool, thanks for the response!  How did things turn out with your travel plans?  How is your DH?

No problem, and thanks for asking!

I did end up going out of town, and remained contraction free the entire drive (whew!).  I just got back yesterday.  Things weren't perfect, but I got through the trip ok and everyone is still alive.  I also told one of the partners at work that I won't be traveling any more this pregnancy.  (and a different partner found out via the grapevine how many hoops I had to jump through to arrange care for my DD, and apologized to me and promised no overnight travel until DH is able to care for DD on his own)

DH has an MRI tomorrow to check for new growth.  We are both a little nervous about it.  We have an appt with the neurosurgeon 2 hours after the MRI, so we should get the results right away.  Hopefully tomorrow is a good day!

• Options
    imageBeccaMarie:

imageRobynScott:

No problem, and thanks for asking!

I did end up going out of town, and remained contraction free the entire drive (whew!).  I just got back yesterday.  Things weren't perfect, but I got through the trip ok and everyone is still alive.  I also told one of the partners at work that I won't be traveling any more this pregnancy.  (and a different partner found out via the grapevine how many hoops I had to jump through to arrange care for my DD, and apologized to me and promised no overnight travel until DH is able to care for DD on his own)

DH has an MRI tomorrow to check for new growth.  We are both a little nervous about it.  We have an appt with the neurosurgeon 2 hours after the MRI, so we should get the results right away.  Hopefully tomorrow is a good day!

Sorry- butting in here! Glad to hear the trip went okay and good luck at the appt. Please keep us posted!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"