Infertility
Options

Super weird at the gym - long vent, i guess

So,  I had been going to a good gym twice a week from November to June.  It's sort of like small-group personal training, it's a franchise, but I really liked the trainers, and the format.  Over the summer, I was not working in the same town, so I stopped going.  The gym changed managers, and today was my first day back after the summer.  Well, of course, I started my IVF meds last night (follistim and menopur).  The doctor cleared my activity for this week, but then everything is off starting next week.  So, today, everything's fine, and then I go to talk about the manager about scheduling, and I tell her I'll have to take the next three-ish weeks off, and I'll call when I can come back.  She says something about hoping that I can fit in some work outs, so I say, "Actually, I can't work out."  Instead of letting it go at that, she asks why.  So, because I'm a pretty non-confrontational person, I tell her, well, we're doing IVF, I just started meds, and I'm ok for this week, but not after that.  She backtracks and says, "Oh, well, that's ok, since it's like a medical reason and you're not just making an excuse."  Then I have to stand there for like 5 more minutes while she tells me that they have other pregnant people working out, and they can just modify, and then it's really important to come back postpartum.  I'm not even sure that this is going to work.  And, I just told my boss and my co-workers that I might have to be gone at the end of next week, but hopefully only the end of the week after that, and I won't know when, but not telling them any more.  So I just felt really weird after the gym.  It's not like I'm secretive, but I didn't even know this person, and I just felt probed.  I don't want to be upset, because I really like this gym, (and I've prepaid for a year, and have about 6 months left), but I'm worried this new manager is going to be all up in my grill about everything.  And frankly, with the body issues I already have thanks to infertility, I really don't need someone hassling me about my weight-loss goals. 

ttc since 02/10 first RE visit 01/11 Clomid + TI 03/11, 04/11, 05/11 IUI 06/11, 07/11 IVF #1 - BFN :( FET - 11/11 beta 11/21/11 BFP!!! :). Beta 1 - 319, Beta 2 - 921 1st ultrasound 12/1 TWINS!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Super weird at the gym - long vent, i guess

• Options

Yeah, that's kind of crappy. i guess those people are probably in sales mode? i hate when people try to talk authoritively about things that they obviously don't understand. As for work, I actually told my boss all about what's going on, because i just thought it would be easier on me if she knew. My work can be physical sometimes, so i felt weird telling her i have medical issues and then spend the day moving heavy boxes around. She said i didn't need to tell her, and that's absolutley true, it just felt less complicated for me. I'm normally a very private person, but I've noticed in the last year or so i've been way more open about things, and i think it's because it's more exhausting to come up with alternative explainations.

TTC since October 2009
    2 failed IUIs with Clomid
    IVF #1, ER 10/29/2011
    ET 11/3/2011
    One embryo transferred, four frozen
    11/12/2011, BFP, 11/13/2011, BFP, 11/14/2011, BFP
    First Beta 11/14/2011, 499
    Second Beta 11/16/2011, 893
    Third Beta 11/18/2011, 1510

Lost my dear husband, October 3, 2012. You are the bear of my heart dear, and nothing can take that away.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"