TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Re-testing? WWYD?

A few weeks ago, I had a conversation with the nurse at my RE's office, going over what meds I would need to assemble prior to our next TTCAL cycle.  We talked a bit about my CD21 progesterone test, which had come back pretty low, and the only abnormal test in the bunch.  

At the time of that test, I had asked several times if they wanted me to do CD21 or 7 DPO.  Annoyingly, and in this nurse's typical patronizing fashion, I was told that most "girls" don't know when they ovulate and it's usually CD14 blah blah blah...

Skip forward to this most recent conversation where I'm starting to believe that if we just get the progesterone up, it will be OK and she finally concedes that, ok, maybe I do O later.  And she adds "Maybe that's why your prog was so low.  It was too early to test."

@&$&^#^@*(!@&*(&!!!!!!  

This was the only  thing I was hanging any hope on and she pretty much dashed it.  (par for the course for this one, really)  I'm thinking of asking to have it re-tested, on 7DPO this time because now I want to know.  But, I don't think the results will change the protocol they want to do anyway, so is it worth it?  I know she'll give me sh!t for it, but really she gives me sh!t every time I talk to her.  

Any insight?   

ETA:  I almost always O on CD18 and have a 12 LP, so I would have only been 3-4 DPO on CD21 of that test cycle.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Re-testing? WWYD?

• I would get re-tested. I am sometimes so shocked by offices.... they deal with this and they assume women ovulate on CD 14!?? I mean, seriously? 

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Absolutely have it re-tested. That nurse is stupid.
  • Loading the player...
  • It is truely amazing to me that so many medical professionals working in reproductive issues still say that cd14 crap!!  I mean come on now!!  What a stupid B.  Sorry, that just makes me mad for you.

I would ask, no tell, them that you want retested.  Although, if you typically have 12 day LP's, there may be a progesterone issue anyway.  12 days isn't super short, but it could be borderline low.  I would want to know for sure what you are dealing with.  Afterall, looking at taking meds and going through treatment, it is better to have everything as right as it can be. 

Good luck hun, if she gives you sh*t, give it right back!! 

• I would definitely get retested. I find it amazing when people in the healthcare field believe all women ovulate on cd14.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• I would re-test, too. Even if it doesn't change your protocol, at least you're basing your decision on accurate information this time!
  • imageCashewsMommy:
    I would get re-tested. I am sometimes so shocked by offices.... they deal with this and they assume women ovulate on CD 14!?? I mean, seriously? 

This! 100%. 

• I would get it re-tested.  What could it hurt really?  Tell that Nurse to STFU!  GL hun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageCashewsMommy:
    I would get re-tested. I am sometimes so shocked by offices.... they deal with this and they assume women ovulate on CD 14!?? I mean, seriously? 

I know, right?  I honestly believe they can't hear what we say about knowing our bodies because it diminishes their egos.  As$hats.  

• imagewickedsugar:

imageCashewsMommy:

This ! I would get re-tested

BTW Hi ! I like it when you pop in... don't be a stranger

Hi back! :)  I'm hoping to be around more again now :) 

• I probably would ask to be retested, if anything just to know.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • I would ask them to retest..even if it is for your piece of mind.  Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"