September 2011 Moms
Options

High BP Inducing Tomorrow

I am sitting in the hospital right now being monitored.  My BP has been rising since yesterday and continues to rise as I lay in a hospital bed.  My blood work was normal yesterday, but came back with some abnormal numbers tonight.  They decided to start cervical ripening tonight and induce induce in the morning.  Looks like we will have a baby sometime tomorrow!  Babyjaq is my labor buddy so one of us will keep you updated!  I will be relaxing and hopefully getting some rest tonight before the big day tomorrow.  I am nervous and excited at the same time!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: High BP Inducing Tomorrow

• Options
    good luck!!!! Smile
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck!  Will be thinking of you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrsChamp11:
    I am sitting in the hospital right now being monitored.  My BP has been rising since yesterday and continues to rise as I lay in a hospital bed.  My blood work was normal yesterday, but came back with some abnormal numbers tonight.  They decided to start cervical ripening tonight and induce induce in the morning.  Looks like we will have a baby sometime tomorrow!  Babyjaq is my labor buddy so one of us will keep you updated!  I will be relaxing and hopefully getting some rest tonight before the big day tomorrow.  I am nervous and excited at the same time!

What was your BP?  Just curious cause I have been teetering on too high myself and I have an appt in the morning.  Afraid that a high reading will land me in the same place!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    They started the cervical ripening and contractions are getting stronger. Hopefully my body takes over by morning and I won't need pitocin. We will see! My BP was averaging 140/90 after resting. Normal for me was 116/70. While in the hospital, it has gotten as high as 190/90. My blood work was normal yesterday and started to get bad tonight. They are taking blood again in 45 minutes to see how it is now. I also have headaches and started seeing floaters. Basically, the doctor said since I am 38 weeks tomorrow, there was no reason to wait any longer.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

imageMrsChamp11:
    They started the cervical ripening and contractions are getting stronger. Hopefully my body takes over by morning and I won't need pitocin. We will see! My BP was averaging 140/90 after resting. Normal for me was 116/70. While in the hospital, it has gotten as high as 190/90. My blood work was normal yesterday and started to get bad tonight. They are taking blood again in 45 minutes to see how it is now. I also have headaches and started seeing floaters. Basically, the doctor said since I am 38 weeks tomorrow, there was no reason to wait any longer.

Good luck! Sounds promising that the contractions are getting stronger!  I hope the ripening will do the trick and you can go with no pitocin!

I hit 140/90, but falls below with rest, so it sounds like I have some more time on my side if I can continue along this way.  My normal BP for the whole pregnancy was close to yours around 115/75ish.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"