Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

What does your LO eat?

I'm having such a hard time gettng DD to eat lately.  This seems to be a battle every couple of weeks.  Just curious what your LO's eat for breakfast/lunch/dinner?  Thanks
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What does your LO eat?

• Options

Breakfast, the baby oatmeal with milk and a fruit puree in it

Lunch, yogurt, I try chicken nuggets (some days she eats more than others), vegs - pieces of carrots, corn, etc (try, usually this is NOT a hit), cherrios, puffs, cookies (toddler ones by gerber)

Dinner - Pasta (she eats ALOT of this) or Turkey and Rice Purree (I know but she is REALLY picky and she eats this so I give it to her), Sweet Potato (purree again) and a Fruit

I always give her some of our dinner first, anything we have she gets a taste of...but normally she will eat a bite or two.....and just play with the rest, it either winds up on the floor or on her chair.

Becuase she is SOOOO picky.....I do try foods between meals, a piece of cheese, jello, pieces of toast, pancake (small one), but then again she doesn't eat but a bite or two.....

I do supplement with the enfagrow to make sure she gets what she needs b/c she is NOT a big milk drinker........

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

She is served whatever we are eating... for lunch I usually pack leftover dinner.

As for what she eats, she isn't a big meat fan, but enjoys most veggies, fruits, and carbs.  She loves pasta.

Today's Menu

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with melted cheese

Lunch: Penne with pasta sauce and carrots

Snack 1: Graham crackers

Snack 2: Cucumbers

Dinner: Was served fish, roasted potatoes, and green beans, but didn't really eat much. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    For breakfast she usually eats some sort of cereal with fruit (either cheerios, chex or rice cereal). For lunch (please don't flame me) she usually has either sweet potato puree or french fries with fruit and either wagon wheels or puffs. For dinner she usually has a vegetable (spinach, sweet potato, etc) with fruit and a carb such as cereal, puffs, wagon wheels etc. She will not eat meat at all no matter what I do.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This is what our day looked like today. This is a light food day compared to most.

Breakfast: 1 whole banana, 1 pot of soy yogurt, one piece of toast with pb, a 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks and a sippy of soy milk

Snack: Raisins and lactose free cheese

Lunch: low sodium ham wrap with spinach, 1 whole peach and soy milk

Snack: a few mini ritz crackers, raisins and lactose free cheese

Dinner: turkey nuggets, boiled potatoes, peas, sippy of soy milk

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I sometimes crush cereal, crackers, or Puffs and coat the offending foods before offering it to Ds.  He refuses kiwi, but will eat almost a whole one if I coat the pieces in puffs first!  Broccoli I coat in cheese.  Ds also seems to like pork or chicken that is marinated or rubbed with a brown sugar mixture.  (1/4c soy sauce, minced garlic, and 1/4c brown sugar is my go to pork marinade)  But he's not a big meat fan unless it's super cooked so it just falls apart in his mouth. 

I also make "pizza boats" with marinara and cheese on a bagel- put it in the oven for a few mins to melt the cheese.  If your LO likes cheese, it's a good way to sneak in veggies too.  Same goes for quesadillas or grilled cheese sammies.

Have you given your LO fresh pears yet?  Ds ate an entire pear for dinner.  I just wait until it's a little mushy to the touch (almost too ripe) and peel and chop it up.  He gobbles it down and then whines for more!   

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options

DS has started getting a lot pickier. Well, it's more stubborn than picky as he is refusing stuff he loves. Whatever. Anyway, here is what he had today.

Bfast - 1 waffle and half a banana

snack - cheese stick and crackers

lunch - cheese quesadilla, green beans, mango salsa, pineapple

snack - "parfaits" they made at DCP with yogurt, fruit and graham crackers

dinner - an english muffin half with pb, peas, some cannelini beans and some zucchini, and 1/2 an orange (random, it was partially what we were eating, partially his own stuff)

He is not big on meat, either. I've found he will eat meatballs if you give them to  him whole, and he also loves bbq sauce on stuff. Also, he loves fishsticks so I make those in batches and then freeze a bunch. 

• Options

Everyday for breakfast, she eats a banana and some cheerios.

Lunch is whatever they have at daycare or whatever we are having at home.  It ranges.

Dinner, again, is whatever we are eating, but that girl can EAT some spaghetti.  We will give her that sometimes even if we aren't eating it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm really lucky that DD isn't picky, she will eat almost anything. Some of our go-to ideas:

Bfast: waffle/pancake/toast/half and english muffin with cut up fruit, sometimes oatmeal (regular, not the baby stuff), yogurt, scrambled eggs with veggies and ham

Lunch: PB&J sandwich, grilled cheese (sometimes I chop up some ham or turkey and put it on there with the cheese), chopped up lunch meat and cubed cheese with crackers, pizza on a whole wheat english muffin, leftovers from dinner. Always with some cut up fruit and/or steamed veggies. 

Dinner: whatever we're eating. It's been at least 4 or 5 months since I've had to make her a separate dinner, but when I did it was the same type of things she'd have at lunch. 

Snacks: animal crackers are the current favorite, but she also has applesauce, yogurt, cheese and crackers, fruit, waffles. 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Breakfast is typically waffles or pancakes and some fruit.  On my days off I'll usually do scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon.  Sometimes we do Honey Nut Cheerios.

Lunch varies- anything from turkey, string cheese, and fruit or a grilled cheese sandwich, mac and cheese with veggies, pb&j, etc.  

Snack might be graham crackers and drinkable yogurt, goldfish crackers, etc., and some kind of fruit.  (It's never a big snack because she eats lunch before her nap at noon and eats her snack when she gets up at 3pm, which is only a 3 to 4 hours before dinner.)

Dinner is whatever we have.  I can't even remember the last time I made something separate for her.  (I do make sure there are several items I know she likes, though.)  And this is when I get her veggies in, too.

• Options

Breakfast is typically cereal and fruit...he likes Multi-Grain Cheerios, Kix, and Frosted Mini-Wheats.  The fruit is usually cut-up grapes, blueberries, blackberries, a banana, or strawberries.

Lunch varies, depending on who has him that day (my mom watches him 3x/week, he goes to an in-home daycare 2x/week).  We pack his lunches when he's with my mom, but his DCP makes him lunch.  If we pack it, it's usually Annie's organic mac n cheese, a peanut butter sandwich, or Morningstar "chicken" nuggets (they're really veggie nuggets), along with string cheese and fruit.

Snacks include pretzels, crackers, fruit, etc.

Dinner has been tough lately.  He's not a big fan of meat (unless it's breaded), and he's been refusing most veggies too.  I sneak veggies in by giving him the Plum Organics fruit/veggie purees.  I don't want DS to get too used to having a separate dinner from DH and me, but I also don't want him to be hungry, so it's a fine line.  He'll eat really unusual (for kids) things like seaweed and tofu with his Japanese rice (I'm part Japanese), but then refuse more "normal" foods.  It's frustrating and his tastes seem to change from day to day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DD refuses to be fed (wants to feed herself) so meals have become a little more limited recently.

Breakfast is always either: Raisin bread toast, fruit & yogurt, or scrambled eggs, fruit and yogurt.

Lunch: whatever daycare feeds her

Dinner: Cut up ham, peas or edemame or steamed brocolli (or whatever veg I have lying around - she loves roasted butternut squash and carrots), cut up cheese, grapes.

I can sometimes get her to eat lasagna but I have to leave it on her tray and she'll 'feed' herself.

She's not picky at all - she'll eat anything that she can pick up herself or manage to spear with a baby fork.  I would feed her what we eat for dinner but DH and I can't get our shiiit together to eat early enough (we're back from work at 5:30 and DD needs to eat pretty much right away... so we feed her and usually eat when she's in bed around 8ish).

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"