Success after IF

Remind me about BPPs, please.

My pregnancy with Caro was pretty textbook, so I never had to do any 'extra' stuff.

Now, I'm having BPPs every week, starting on Tuesday.  Remind me what's involved and what they are looking for, please...I know I could google, but Dr. Google has been known to scare the poopoo out of me...

I'm hoping and praying to get to 39 weeks, and I really don't see any reason that I won't...but this weekly BPP thing has me wanting to start washing all PR's clothes and getting his bed together.

Not necessary, right??

Details, please...

Re: Remind me about BPPs, please.

• I had them weekly starting at 32 weeks due to HBP.  But it was really no big deal.  They were done in the office.  They were monitoring for contractions and movement.  I was hooked up for about 20 minutes.  Only one time did I need to have an ultrasound because DS didn't move the required amount...everything checked out ok though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So, in my OB's office, a BPP is an ultrasound where the baby gets a "score" based on practice breathing, movement, amniotic fluid, and heart rate  I think 8 is the highest "score" and each category is worth two. They are added together to get a final score. Nolan had a 3 on his last one, which  was when we went through with induction. 
    Probably no biggie!

Why are you having them weekly now?? 

• Loading the player...
  • imagefirsttogo:

So, in my OB's office, a BPP is an ultrasound where the baby gets a "score" based on practice breathing, movement, amniotic fluid, and heart rate  I think 8 is the highest "score" and each category is worth two. They are added together to get a final score. Nolan had a 3 on his last one, which  was when we went through with induction. 
    Probably no biggie!

Ditto this. And mine always came with a NST that was worth another two points, for a grand total of 10. 

As for washing all the clothes and getting the bed together -- I had BPPs twice a week starting at 36 weeks (for measuring small/suspected IUGR) and still made it to nearly 41 weeks. :)

After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagefirsttogo:

So, in my OB's office, a BPP is an ultrasound where the baby gets a "score" based on practice breathing, movement, amniotic fluid, and heart rate  I think 8 is the highest "score" and each category is worth two. They are added together to get a final score. Nolan had a 3 on his last one, which  was when we went through with induction. 
    Probably no biggie!

I only had one, with Ellie, and this is how it was done. I think the mark for when they intervene is 4/8 usually. Ellie's at the hospital was 0/8 and that bought us an emergency C. But apparently that almost never happens, I've relayed the story to quite a few ultrasound techs since and they're always pretty blown away. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • imagefirsttogo:

I have gestational diabetes, and I'm having a hard time controlling some of my sugars.  I started meds today, so the extra monitoring comes along with that.

• I had them weekly starting around 32 weeks for IUGR. They were a breeze and a great chance for you to get some extra peeks at baby. Our scores went to 10, but I can't remember what a failing score was. Basically just checks to make sure baby is happy in there by measuring HR, movement, breathing, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"