Oregon Babies
Options

OBGYN Recommendations - Portland?

Hello,

I moved to Portland over the summer and just found out I'm pregnant. Any recommendations on great OBGYNs in the Portland area? We live in SE near Ladd's Addition. My OBGYN from Boston said University of Oregon has a great reputation. Any specific recommendations on Dr.s?

Thanks so much for any advice you can share!

Re: OBGYN Recommendations - Portland?

• Options

I see Dr. Thomas Flath at Women's Clinic https://www.wcpdx.com/  His office is at Legacy Emanuel.  When you say University of Oregon has a great reputation I'm guessing you mean OHSU (Oregon Health Science University) https://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/schools/school-of-medicine/departments/clinical-departments/ob-gyn/?WT_featured=spotlight&WT_rank=spotlight.  They have a great reputation and as far as hospitals in Portland, they would be the same level as Legacy Emanuel.  The one downside I've heard about delivering at OHSU is that you have a good chance of having a lot of student doctors (it's a teaching hospital) coming in on rounds while you're recovering from delivery so it isn't as restful as other places.

I am personally more partial to Legacy Emanuel https://www.legacyhealth.org/body.cfm?id=1367  (Legacy has a few different locations - I only have experience with Emanuel) as my DD was born super, super sick and was transferred to the Legacy Emanuel Children's Hospital.  We had stinkin' amazing care there and that was why I ended up switching OB's to one who delivered at Legacy.  I asked the NICU nurses if they had any recommendations and the majority of them recommended Dr. Flath.  He takes time to listen to your needs, his bedside manner is incredible, and he knows what he's doing.  He actually used to teach at OHSU and has been voted Dr. of the year a couple of years in a row for OBGYN.  He's a rare OBGYN in that he actually sees his OB patients during their very first visit when they're 8-10wks along.  Most OB's only have the RN see the patient and then they'll see the patient for the first time at their 14wk appt.

The Women's Clinic also has their own crazy amazing ultrasound equipment so you don't have to go to another clinic or location to get your scans done.

Anyway, sorry that's so long, but I hope it's helpful.  I've also heard that Dr. Hamilton is especially great from that office.

GL & welcome to Portland!!!  :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
                                       Our third addition is on their way!
  • Options
    I see Laura Williams at Everywomen's Health, also in Emanuel. She's great. Quite a few of the girls who used to be on this board see her as well. One plus to her group is that it is all women OBs. OHSU seems like a pain to me, like PP said, you never get the same doctor 2 appts in a row, and parking is impossible.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Personal Photo Blog

First tourist of the Season:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

For the past 5 years I've seen Dr Damon Warhus at Womens Healthcare Associates over by St V's.  He's an amazing doctor.  He's actually now the president of Womens Healthcare Associates. :)

https://www.whallc.com/find-a-provider/provider-details/Damon_A_Warhus_MD.aspx 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thank you so much for all the information! This is exactly what I was looking for. Really appreciate everyone's advice. Thanks!!!

• Options
    We live really close to each other.  I also saw Lara Williams at Emanuel.  I had a great experience and highly recommend her.  You should check out Pritchard in Sellwood when you start looking for a pediatrician.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I see Doctor Rosenburg at Providence Family Medical Center at 99th and Halsey. He's very caring and is amazing to connect to. Great doctor!  Hope this helps!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"