Multiples
Options

reflux: what worked for you?

poor mason.  he eats only 2 or 3 oz, then screams and burps 10 times.  i can hear it gurgling.  he will not eat any mre after alll that.  we tried different formulas, zantac, collic pills.  the poor thing still screams.  each time we switch methods he is okay for a few days then back to same

Re: reflux: what worked for you?

• Options
    keeping them upright after btl, axid med, similac alimentum with lots of cereal in it
    Lilcarciofo's Blog Been TTC #1 since July 2007 Unexplained Infertility 11/08 -HSG-all clear! 12/08-2/09 clomid 50 mg/natural cycles=BFN IUI#1 -3/13/09 clomid 50mg=BFN IUI#2 -4/11/09 =BFN (no clomid,rx prob) IUI#3 -5/11/09 clomid 50mg=BFN IUI#4 -6/9/09 clomid 50 mg=BFN IUI #5 -7/8/09 gonal-f/ovidrel trigger=BFN IUI #6 - 8/7/09 gonal f/ovidrel trigger/hcg booster (5000iu) 3dpiui=BFN IUI #7 - 9/5/09 gonal f/ovidrel trigger/2 hcg boosters (5000iu)=BFN Taking a Break....=BFN IUI #8- 11/1/09=BFP Finally! (gonal f/ovidrel trigger/prom & estr Beta#1=14 (11/16) Beta#2=23 (11/18) Beta#3=29 (11/20) Beta #4=8 (11/23) 11/23/09=M/C IUI #9- 12/13/09=BFP!!!! Beta#1=563 Beta#2=1115 Triplets!!! Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

prevacid + nutramigen w/ oatmeal cereal in the bottle + being upright as much as possible. 

GL! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Sorry about my crappy typing..on my phone.
  • Options
    one more question.  we tried the enfamil AR with rice cereal in it.  it was super constipating.  did that happen with your brands?
  • Options
    we have this same problem with one of my girls. keeping her upright as much as possible doesnt help. we have tried a few different formulas including enfamil ar which she and we didnt like..soy which she didnt like and it constipated her..and similac sensitive. she does the best on similac sensitive but still spits up quite a bit. talking to our dr on friday to see if she should get a prescription...good luck (sorry for the paragrpah..on my phone)
    Spontaneous ID Twin Girls - born 38w 2d Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

You might want to try oatmeal cereal, it's less constipating than the rice cereal.

We use prilosec, Similac RTF Spit-Up formula (he is also breastfed), and oatmeal cereal in his bottles. He still spits up a lot, but the reflux seems to be better.

imageimage
  • Options
    The only thing that finally helped Alex was Prevacid.  I was hesitant initially to give him the strong medicine at 3 mo, but knowing he wasn't going to be in pain made it better.  He was a new child after that!  And at 7.5 mo, we weened him off.  For a while, he still had a lot of spit up but not in pain, so we gave him Similac for Spit Up for about 2 mo which helped.  Once he was off the meds, both boys were on Similac Organic and no more episodes.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"