Blended Families

I need some support and prayers...

DH lost his job last night. We have our business, but it doesn't pay our bills, which is why he has it in the first place. We really thought this was going to be an amazing job he could move up in. They had no reason to let him go. He asked them why, and the two bosses just stared at eachother. He is planning on appealing it, but in the meantime, he is devastated. I don't know what were going to do. We are in the middle of this huge court battle, and are going to have to make another big pmt to our attorney. Im so worried. DH has some connections in town... He came home last night after they let him go and already applied to 10 different places. I'm so proud of him for being so on the ball about it. He was up till 3am filling out online applications. He said he feels like les of a man that he can't provide for us. It almost made me cry to hear him say that. This is breaking my heart. We were already $300 negative in our bank act. He got some payments yesterday and took us to a positive, went and got some groceries... Idk how we are going to pay our mortgage. Please say a small prayer for us... We were barely hanging on to begin with. There is no way we can survive off of unemployment. CS is due tomorrow... That check won't clear. BM asked for extra money for school clothes, we spent $300 on clothes/shoes at our house. We pay her CS and have 50/50 custody. DH told her no. She told him he was a shitty father. He is just feeling like crap and I hope we get good news to lift his spirits.
Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."

Re: I need some support and prayers...

• Oh sweetie, I am so sorry. Talk to your lawyer and let them know what is going on. Do NOT be ashamed to reach out for help. You should qualify for WIC if you haven't already. There are church programs to help as well as other community programs. Hopefully he gets a new job right away, but it still sucksass that you are in this situation. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
  • imagekaratechrissy:
    DH lost his job last night. We have our business, but it doesn't pay our bills, which is why he has it in the first place. We really thought this was going to be an amazing job he could move up in. They had no reason to let him go. He asked them why, and the two bosses just stared at eachother. He is planning on appealing it, but in the meantime, he is devastated. I don't know what were going to do. We are in the middle of this huge court battle, and are going to have to make another big pmt to our attorney. Im so worried. DH has some connections in town... He came home last night after they let him go and already applied to 10 different places. I'm so proud of him for being so on the ball about it. He was up till 3am filling out online applications. He said he feels like les of a man that he can't provide for us. It almost made me cry to hear him say that. This is breaking my heart. We were already $300 negative in our bank act. He got some payments yesterday and took us to a positive, went and got some groceries... Idk how we are going to pay our mortgage. Please say a small prayer for us... We were barely hanging on to begin with. There is no way we can survive off of unemployment. CS is due tomorrow... That check won't clear. BM asked for extra money for school clothes, we spent $300 on clothes/shoes at our house. We pay her CS and have 50/50 custody. DH told her no. She told him he was a shitty father. He is just feeling like crap and I hope we get good news to lift his spirits.

First of all, he is NOT a shitty father, SHE is a shitty mother.  Eff her! 

I am so sorry that you are now having to deal with this on top of the court battle.  Hang in there!  Hopefully he will find something that is bigger and better. 

• Loading the player...
  • Lots of T&P!  When H left I freaked out, I had no income and no idea what to do.  God has provided quite generously.  Everything will be ok.

accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • Call your lawyer, let him know what's going on - they may work with you a little.

Contact your mortgage company now. Let them know too.

File for unemployment. 

And BM...screw her. Forget what she says. She's a crappy mother for speaking of her children's father like this. She may dislike him now, but she loved him enough once to have babies with him, the least she can do is be respectful to him for their sake.

I'm sorry you're going thru this and I'm sending good thoughts your way.  With his drive and attitude, it won't take long.

Hang in there.

• Oh no Chrissy, I'm so sorry, that's awful! I'll be thinking about you, I hope your DH finds a job quick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh no sweetie, I'm so sorry! I remember that sickening feeling the night we found out DH was losing his job. I hope the lawyer and everyone will work with you guys, and that he finds something else soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lots of T&P for a quick and good job opportunity and just for your family in general.
  • Praying with you for your family and for your DH to find a job quickly.  Ditto all PPs who said to talk to your lawyer (adjust cs?) and get all the help you can.  Stay positive; it will all work out!

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how awful it was when DH lost his job during the first year of our marriage. Hugs. 

I don't have anything else to add that pp's haven't already said, just wanted to voice my support. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thank you everyone. DH talked to our lawyer. He said we have come too far to not see it through. He is going to work with us. (praise God!). We are going to see what happens with the appeal and the other jobs before we go and apply for anything. Thank you all for your support. We haven't told anyone we know except our parents. It's nice to have an outlet here. I love my Internet friends. ;-)
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • So sorry you are going through this Chrissy.  Hang in there, things will work out.

Hugs X 

• I'm so glad the attorney is going to work with you guys. That is one less thing to worry about. Hugs and prayers to your family! Your H hit the job search hard and I hope that pays off for him quickly!!! Wishing you guys the best!
  • I'm so sorry, KC!  T&P and good work vibes to your family!
    I'm glad it sounds like DH is on the ball with everything and I would def file for unemployment.

Hugs to you!  BM sounds like a peach, eh?

• ALL MY PRAYERS out to you.  Hang in there.
  • I'm sorry. Prayers for you and your family. I hope it turns around very quickly. Im sure it will!

• T&P hang in there! God has his ways..everything happens for a reason even if it makes it difficult..maybe he has something better instore for your family.  Take care and good luck :)
  • It takes time for unemployment to be approved and start coming in. He should start that process now to save time in the long run. just a suggestion
  • I will definitely pray for you guys. I am sure it will be fine. DH has been laid off 2 times since we've been married and we were able to pull through each time. I know it's stressful though.
    DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• So sorry! praying!
  • I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this. You WILL be okay! It sounds so trite and cliche, but things really do have a way of working out.  

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"