April 2012 Moms
Options

Well doesn't that just suck...

So I was scanning myself at work... just to check on things (I'm an ultrasound tech)... and I saw a little something against the gestational sac... a subchorionic hemorrhage. Not good. There's a bleed between the gestational sac and the uterine wall.... although it's not very big, it can do one of two things. It can either resolve itself (oh dear God please let this happen)... or it can keep bleeding which leads to miscarriage.

The radiologist at our practice said to scan it again next week... he wasn't concerned that I only see a gestational sac without a yolk sac or fetal pole (he thinks I might be a little earlier than we thought)... but he will be if we don't see one next week... but he said it's good I'm not spotting or anything and I still have pg symptoms.

So any prayers would be appreciated... We love our little nugget so much already. DH is optimistic... till something happens, guess I'll be taking it easy.

Re: Well doesn't that just suck...

• Options

I hope that it resolves on its own, sending positive thoughts your way!

• Options
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way... I really hope everything turns out to be okay. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way!
  • Options
    I think it is so cool that you can check yourself like that!  I am sorry about what you found though.  T&P are on their way!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    GL! I had a subchorionic hemorrhage last pg and it went away without any spotting at all. You read about a LOT of them on the boards. I have to ask though... did you do a transvaginal u/s on yourself lol!? That seems a little.... awkward to say the least. I was also asking since obviously you know that would make a difference in what you saw if it was abdominal!
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    I hope that everything works out! Try and stay positive 
  • Options

imagebiblionerd:
    GL! I had a subchorionic hemorrhage last pg and it went away without any spotting at all. You read about a LOT of them on the boards. I have to ask though... did you do a transvaginal u/s on yourself lol!? That seems a little.... awkward to say the least. I was also asking since obviously you know that would make a difference in what you saw if it was abdominal!

This def makes me feel better!!

And yes that would be weird!! Ha ha... it was abdominally... Lol...

• Options
    imageMikeAndStephJewell:

imagebiblionerd:

Well that's good then! An abdominal u/s definitely isn't as sensitive this early in the game, right? My OB uses transvag until I think it was 9 weeks. 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    vibes!
  • Options

Sending lots of postitive vibes your way.

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

• Options
    Sending positive thoughts!
  • Options
    imagebiblionerd:
    imageMikeAndStephJewell:

imagebiblionerd:

Well that's good then! An abdominal u/s definitely isn't as sensitive this early in the game, right? My OB uses transvag until I think it was 9 weeks. 

You're absolutely right!! Def not as sensitive!! So I'm trying not to be paranoid... Lol... which is pretty much impossible at this point in the game... am I right?

• Options
    Prayers coming your way that the hemorrhage clears up and your lil one keeps growing strong!!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I'd say that job of yours is a double edged sword.  While it's super neat that you can scan yourself whenever, you might very well drive yourself crazy seeing all the little things that "lay people" like the rest of us would never know about.

Vibes and all that stuff that things resolve themselves well!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageOrganicTeacher:
    I think it is so cool that you can check yourself like that!  I am sorry about what you found though.  T&P are on their way!

This. GL!

-----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • Options
    Lots of T&P coming your way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards