Infertility
Options

Little Post-Op Complication

So I've been having some bathroom issues since my lap, which is to be expected. Last night I was having a lot of pressure down there so I thought I'd check things out. I inserted my finger into my vagina and felt something hard and with rough edges, almost like a water bottle cap. It was after hours so I couldn't call my clinic and I didn't feel like going to the ER on post. I had horrible nightmares last night about not really having surgery and being taken to the mother ship instead!

I called as soon as the clinic opened and THANKFULLY they called me back right away and said the doctor definitely wanted to see me. So they had a tool that basically cupped on my cervix to keep it in place. That tool snapped to a catheter that they put through my cervix to inject contrast dye to make sure my tubes are open. When my doctor went to tell MH that the surgery was over, the resident assisting him was supposed to be closing and cleaning me up. She removed the tool but the cap stayed inside me. He said that when he does it he always makes sure that the two pieces that snap together come out together. Apparently she didn't do this. My doctor was very apologetic and took responsibility for it even though he wasn't in the OR at the time. He removed it pretty easily with a speculum and forceps. I hope the resident gets her ass chewed out. I was FREAKING out when I felt it last night. I was scared to pull it out though for fear of damaging something. Thankfully, everything looks healthy and he said we can start cycling as soon as I'm up to it! I just don't understand how something like this could have happened. He said "you're a really good patient! Most wouldn't think to check it out. It could have been in there for weeks!" :/

I'm doing a lot better, but definitely still sore. Mostly on my left side where he removed all the endo. I've got some fresh bruises that I'm guessing are internal bruises finally making their way to the surface.  I am kind of glad I got to see him today since my follow up isn't until the 12th.

I gave you life, then you gave me mine.

TTC February 2008 to October 2008 One year forced break due to OIF deployment #2
Resumed TTC in October 2009 HSG, Hysteroscopy, S/A all clear
Five total medicated cycles and IUI #1-3 = BFN and all while we were still "unexplained IF"
25 August Lap revealed Endo, adhesions and blocked left tube
September 2011: Femara + IUI #4 (IUI #1 post endo removal) =BFFN
November: IVF #1: Stims started 11/16 ER 11/25 (7R, 5F) ET 11/30 Transferred 2 beautiful expanding blastocysts +HPT 12/6/11
Beta #1 at 9dp5dt=153! Beta #2 at 16dp5dt= 4009!

Ultrasound 12/30 showed one beautiful heartbeat! EDD 17 August, 2012

Hazel Evelyn arrived 10 August, 2012!

Surprise natural BFP March 2015. M/C at 5 weeks
Another surprise natural BFP April 2015

Re: Little Post-Op Complication

• Options
    OMG that is crazy!! I'm glad you checked and are ok! To me that's a lawsuit waiting to happen and I think the resident should get more than just chewed out! Good luck with this cycle!
  • Options
    WOW! Glad you had them check that out and everything is fine.

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is nutso!  I'm so glad you were able to see them quickly and that you are okay.  I'm kind of freaked out by that a little bit right now.  I have this paranoia about them leaving instruments and material inside me when they operate, so now every pain I feel I'm always pressing on my abdoment to make sure I don't feel anything surgical, LOL!  Glad you're doing well. 

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Holy Crap!!! That's crazy! I'm glad you are OK!
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    That is crazy.  I am glad that you checked it out and are alright.  I don't see the resident being alone in the OR for a while.
    TTC since Jan. 2010 DX Unexplained infertility
    3 IUI's w/Clomid & Ovidrel=all BFNs
    3 IVF (2 Fresh, 1 frozen) =BFN
    Jan 2012 New RE & Fresh Cycle =BFP!

TTC #2 October 2014
    Meet with RE March 2015
    2 Frozen & 1 Fresh IVF= BFNs
    September 2015 Frozen ET=BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Oh my goodness!! That's crazy!  I'm so glad that you're ok!! 
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Options
    Holy crap!!!!  You are lucky you caught it!!  And, this goes w/o saying, but I'd make damn sure never to see that resident again!
    Me: 30, Dx Unexplained/hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: 31, normal!
    April/May 2011: Menopur + Ovidrel +TI = BFN
    Oct 2011: Menopur + Hcg +IUI = BFP!
    Beta #1 (13dpiui)= 129.7, Beta #2 (15 dpiui)= 305
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome!
    My Blog

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    OMG!!!!! How scary! I am so glad you knew that something wasn't right and checked, and glad it was an easy fix that didn't result in any damage! Wishing you a very speedy recovery!!!
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Options
    Holy guacomole!!  That is disturbing, but I'm glad everything's ok.
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Options

That's crazy!  OMG!  I'm so glad you thougth to check and called the Dr.  I'm so sorry you had to go through that.  You've been through so much.  Glad to the hear the rest of the recover is going well.  Rest up!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG!!!! This is the stuff of nightmares for sure! I'm so glad you went and got checked out...that's crazy!!! I'm glad you're doing OK hon.
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    WoW! I am glad things turned out okay!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Options

What!?!?!  That is terrible!  I'm glad you're doing better... wow. 

TTC since November 2009
    Mild MFI, irregular cycles, HSG only showed left tube open
    IUIs #1-3: Femara -- BFN
    IUI #4: Follistim + HCG boosters -- BFN
    Sept./Oct. 2011 IVF#1: Long Lupron, 3dt of 2 -- BFN + 1 frostie
    Surprise BFP 11.21.2011: missed m/c at 9w2d, D&C 12.27.2011
    The Blog
  • Options
    O.M.G!  That is crazy and completely unexceptable.  I think I might raise a little more hell about it if I were you.  I am very glad to hear that you are okay and that it wasn't something "serious".  I am so sorry you even had to deal with this.  I can't imagine how scared you were.  I hope you have a speedy recovery.
    TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • Options
    Holy Sh*t! That's pretty scary. I'm glad you're OK, though.
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Options
    That's crazy!! So glad you're ok and found it.
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

• Options

OMG! I would have freaked out!  It is always tough for me to believe that things like that can happen.. but then I think . I guess dr's are human too and mistakes can happen. But I am sorry it had to happen to you. So glad it is taken care of and hoping that speeds up your recovery so you can get back to TTC!

Good luck hun!

***SAIF & PAIF Welcome***

TTC since November 2008; me - poor egg quality,hypothyroidism,missing beta 3 integrin;
    DH - some MFI;

1 month clomid plus timing - BFN;
    3 months clomid + IUI - BFN BFN BFN

IVF #1 Nov/Dec 2009 - BFP - c/p;
    IVF #2.1 Jan 2011 - Converted to IUI - BFN;
    IVF #2.2 March/April 2011 - ER 3/23/11: 12 retrieved, 8 mature, 3 fert-ET 3dt 3/26/11: 3 embies - BFN;
    IVF #3 May 2011 - ER 5/19/11: 20 retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fert-ET 5dt 5/24/11 3 embies - BFN;
    Switched RE's for IVF #4 (CCRM) Oct 2011 - Surprise BFP before starting IVF #4!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"