IL vent — The Bump
Babies: 6 - 9 Months

IL vent

Sorry ladies, I have got to get this off my chest before I explode. 

So DH is OOT for work, I invited his parents over this afternoon to visit with LO but mainly to pickup a gift they are taking when they see BIL/SIL this weekend.  I used to get along great with them, but they've been really weird and judgemental ever since LO was born. 

They said a bunch of things today that p!ssed me off, but a few really irked me.  I was telling them that LO laughs hysterically whenever I tell him "no", I thought it was just something cute to tell them.  FIL went into a huge rant about how telling a child "no" breaks their spirit.  Whatthewhat!?!  LO doesn't even understand "no" yet, but I'm supposed to have a discussion with him about making better choices?  Yeah, right.  Geez, ever heard of age appropriate discipline.

Then my MIL asks me what food LO has tried so far.  We're following the 100 Best Puree list, he's probably had 10-12 things so far.  I think he's doing great.  She starts telling me that she's shocked I would expose him to so many things "so early" (he's 7 mths and started solids at 6 mths) and that I shouldn't give him anything except formula and cereal until he's over a year old.  Oh yeah, and the fact that I make my own babyfood is insane apparently. 

I could go on and on, but I won't.  I'm so sick of them. 

Thanks for letting me vent.  I need to get back to breaking my LOs spirit and killing him with my homemade organic fruit purees.

dx PCOS on Metformin
LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
Totally worth the wait!
Getting ready for #2
Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
My Chart / Info for Newbies

Re: IL vent

• Many folks don't realize that things have changed. The best you can do is explain these are what is suggested by your doctor. My mom thought I was a nut job too for making my foods, but once she saw me do it and serve it, she realized it was a good idea. It took some time for her to warm up to it. I got the side eye from some friends with older kids about the solids at four months, but when I explained it is suggested now because of the newest allergy research, it calmed them down a bit. Some people just don't realize they are being ignorant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • "No" breaks a child's spirit? I obviously need to read up on parenting more.

I don't understand people who have something against making your own baby food. If you don't want to, that's fine. But the other day on a FB mom group I'm on, someone asked advice on starting solids. Someone said "don't be one of those crazy moms that makes your own baby food, they eat table food eventually anyway and they eat at restaurants, you need simple and easy." Don't ask me what's meant by "table food" because I've only ever heard this used in reference to dogs.  My logic is I eat at restaurants, too, but when I'm home I usually make my own food, so what is so "crazy" about making something for my baby? It's really not that hard to throw blueberries in a blender.

Sorry for adding in my own rant!

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards