2nd Trimester
Options

which crib did you choose?

I'm so overwhelmed!  I've been to Buy Buy Baby (loooved this store) and Babies R Us (not very impressed) and there is quite a price difference.  Of course, I happen to like the cribs at BBB better - they're more expensive!  How did you decide on a crib and which did you purchase?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: which crib did you choose?

• Options

We're going with either a Baby Cache Heritage crib (BRU) or Munire; we've got it down to 2!  Based on reviews, appearance, available accessories/other furniture (armoire, nightstand, dresser, changing table) and sturdiness.  We also wanted a conversion crib.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We wound up buying a convertible crib from a place in Va called Baby 2 Teen.  The crib converts to a toddler bed/day bed/double bed.  It wasn't cheap, but we wanted something sturdy that would last a long time and we'd be able to get some real use out of.  It also came with a dresser and a night stand.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The crib we chose was the Babyletto mercer crib.  We liked it because it was more contemporary looking, made of all wood/ non toxic materials, and had a storage drawer underneath.  We live in a 2 bedroom condo so space is limited and this crib just seemed to fit in nicely.  While it wasn't as cheap as what you could find at Babys R Us it wasn't as expensive as other that I have seen.  It also converts to a day bed and includes the kit for this in the price where others at Babys R Us the kit was extra.
    BabyFruit Ticker 9/19/12: Miscarriage at 12wks due to Triploidy, D&C 9/24/12 - I will forever miss you my little angel
  • Options
    We went with the Pali Volterra.  It was pricey, but it is excellent quality and we plan to use the dresser, nightstand, and bookshelf for many years to come.  We're still undecided on whether or not we'll actually use the converted full-size bed, as our secondary bedrooms are pretty small.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    A plan pen crib! Haha. We figure with as much as we travel and with the little amount of room we have, a plan pen with the insert on top will work great. :) And it's cheap! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We bought Graco Lauren cribs for the twins based on their ratings, reputation, and recomendations from others.  They are also <$150, which seemed like a reasonable amount for something that we will use for 2 yrs max.  They are also convertible. 

I've known a few too many people who were convinced they needed to spend a fortune on a crib that they'll have for a lifetime, that then go and cry when LO chews on the railing, ruining their investment furniture.  Save your money to buy a nicer mattress.

TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

• Options

DS has a Graco Lauren. It's a convertable crib (crib, toddler bed * full size headboard). It had great reviews, and we absolutely love it! It is a really beatiful peice of furniture. We got a Graco Stanley for this LO's room. Also a convertable, but a different style. The Graco line have great cribs you will get years of use out of for a very affordable price!!

• Options
    We too bought the Graco Lauren crib https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3535411 in the espresso color. We love it! Great deal for the price.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We haven't bought it YET, but I think we're going with an iron crib from Restoration Hardware. It looks a little bit like a jail and costs a fortune, but we plan on having loads of kids, and this was the least likely to get beat up over the years and lots of moves (military) and still go with whatever hand me down furniture we fit in there and/or style of house we end up living in.

Plus my brother and sister can use it when they have kids. We already agreed I would buy the crib and pass it down the line :)

• Options

I recently discovered the Novara collection by Pali and I fell in love instantly. Here's the set we bought:

It's definitely "forever furniture" and I know that it will grow and last a long time. We bought it from a local boutique called Koo Koo Bear Kids.

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options

I wanted a metal crib.  They just seem to last longer esp if you end up taking it apart and moving it several times, the screws don't strip through as easily as they do on wood. (I'm an engineer, I don't decorate I structurally disect).

I didn't want a convertible because we always planned on more than one and my kids will go straight into a twin bed after the crib. I got this one:

https://www.rhbabyandchild.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=rhbc_prod225143&categoryId=rhbc_cat206017

It's expensive, but as I said I'm not a decorator so I didn't bother with the changing table, dresser, etc.  This is the only piece of furniture I bought and I waited until he outgrew the PNP to buy it.  We had old dressers and stuff around the house which I didn't know what I would do with if we didn't use it.

I would have loved the one with the canopy, but it's not removable and I didn't think my husband would go for the canopy on a boys bed.

I'm really happy with our purchase.  It's got a powder coating so it doesn't scratch.  Plus he doesn't even think about trying to chew on it.  

• Options
    imagebearbelly:

We haven't bought it YET, but I think we're going with an iron crib from Restoration Hardware. It looks a little bit like a jail and costs a fortune, but we plan on having loads of kids, and this was the least likely to get beat up over the years and lots of moves (military) and still go with whatever hand me down furniture we fit in there and/or style of house we end up living in.

Plus my brother and sister can use it when they have kids. We already agreed I would buy the crib and pass it down the line :)

I hadn't read your post before I answered.  I have the millbrook in bronze (wanted black, but they don't have it).  It's pretty dark though and hard to tell it's not actually black.  We love it.  It's so sturdy.  We live in the middle of nowhere and they brought it in and assembled it in the room.  (It's super easy to disassemble)  My sister got a wooden convertible crib and after 3 kids and 4 moves, it's crapping out on them and they still have one to go (kid that is). 

I really like our crib and I highly recommend it despite the cost.

• Options
    My DS has Baby Mod Parklane, which we absolutely love. We'd hoped he might be ready for a big boy bed by the time the baby is 3-4 months old (so when he's 2), but I think that's wishful thinking. If we buy another crib, we're going to get Graco Lauren or Graco Stanton-- both under $150, and converts to a toddler/day/queen bed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For DS1 we got the Delta Canton and for DS2 we bought the Baby Mod Cadence.  I LOVE the look and they are both very sturdy so I'm happy with our purchases.
  • Options
    I was going to get an Ikea crib after reading the reviews, but they've stopped selling them indefinitely, so we went with the Graco Lauren from Target.  $150.00.  I just couldn't justify spending a higher amount of money on a crib.
    photo IMG_2317_zpsa2789747.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"