3rd Trimester
Options

Sex at 36+ weeks

Sorry... but I just don't know how people do it. I feel so huge, and awkward, and every time I think about having sex, the baby starts moving. This is just weird to me, to have sex when the babe is squrming about inside!

How do you do it???

Re: Sex at 36+ weeks

• Options
    IDK try going 17 weeks without it?  LOL I'm on bedrest DH is counting down the days we can have sex again.  I think he would hump the michelin man at this point.  I on the other hand am a little concerned about the hugeness.  But having somone who wants you always makes it better.  He'd never make me feel bad about the bump.  Some guys really dig it too.  The baby moves when you get aroused because your vagina enlarges and the uterus lifts up a bit.  So you're kinda rearraning her home.  If you're uncomfortable doing it then don't.  It's your call.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm just about at 36 weeks and although we don't do it often, we still do and it's not weird in my opinion.

I always make sure the little guy is asleep though- definitely can't do it while he's squirming around, like you put it.

As for feeling huge, I really don't feel that way despite the 24 lb weight gain. I think it also helps that we've stuck to the same position over the last 5 months- me on my back, him on his side. It's comfortable, my belly doesn't get in the way and it works.

Maybe you just need to find a more comfortable position?  Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    just think about how you won't want to me touched down there for about 6-8 weeks after the baby arrives? have you tried laying on your side? 
  • Options

We still do it about 2xs a week.  We've been using the same position since about 25 weeks.  Me on my side and him either behind me or holding himself up over me.  We usually end up doing it in the morning, cause I'm so tired at night, but they baby has never been moving around much.  Even if I'm not crazy in the mood, I do it, because I can't imagine going from now until at least 5-6 weeks after without. 

If your not comfortable, don't do it though.  Lots of people don't, its nothing to feel bad about.

• Options
    We tend to do it sideways - kinda like spooning.  Sometimes a little bit more like on all fours (doggy??-sounds so dirty, lol)...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't really mind it. I'm definitely not the one asking for it but I rarely refuse DH because hey, if he's still turned on by this then bless his heart lol. The belly does get in the way a bit.. . but LO never is really moving during it. I've heard that the motion is actually comforting to him, like rocking him to sleep. I just know I'm pretty of tired of pregnant sex and can't wait to have REAL sex again. 
  • Options
    imageKarmalife:

I'm just about at 36 weeks and although we don't do it often, we still do and it's not weird in my opinion.

I always make sure the little guy is asleep though - definitely can't do it while he's squirming around, like you put it.

As for feeling huge, I really don't feel that way despite the 24 lb weight gain. I think it also helps that we've stuck to the same position over the last 5 months- me on my back, him on his side. It's comfortable, my belly doesn't get in the way and it works.

Sorry, this may be a silly question, but me and DH haven't been very intimate lately - we both just were notttt feeling it, lol. But doesn't baby startle when you get aroused or knock things around a little? I can't do anything without waking "Waffles" up (baby's sex is still a surprise ;) 

• Options
    i cant do it either and my boyfriend wants it alot! lol and i just think its weird so your not the only one
  • Options

imagesarteratops:
    I don't really mind it. I'm definitely not the one asking for it but I rarely refuse DH because hey, if he's still turned on by this then bless his heart lol. The belly does get in the way a bit.. . but LO never is really moving during it. I've heard that the motion is actually comforting to him, like rocking him to sleep. I just know I'm pretty of tired of pregnant sex and can't wait to have REAL sex again. 

Agreed, its just not the same! I get tired faster and want to quit, and sometimes I just want to kill FI because he takes his good old time finishing. But position wise, I still like being on top, or laying on my back over the edge of the bed. Sideways and doggy are just too awkward and uncomfortable for me now, and him on top is a joke.

-A well-tended garden is indicative of a well-tended soul.-
    image  image
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    If it's physically possible, you may be trying ANYTHING to get labor started at the end. You'll find a way! ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerv
  • Options
    imageDinosaurusss:
    imageKarmalife:

I always make sure the little guy is asleep though - definitely can't do it while he's squirming around, like you put it.

Sorry, this may be a silly question, but me and DH haven't been very intimate lately - we both just were notttt feeling it, lol. But doesn't baby startle when you get aroused or knock things around a little? I can't do anything without waking "Waffles" up (baby's sex is still a surprise ;) 

I honestly haven't ever felt him move during or even after. Maybe I have just gotten lucky! 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"