Austin Babies
Options

*~*AJL*~*

slow cooker chicken? like in the crock pot?

do tell :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *~*AJL*~*

• Options
    imagefjaril:

slow cooker chicken? like in the crock pot?

do tell :)

Super easy!  

Take an unfrozen whole chicken (not huge, but one that will sit comfortably in your slow cooker).  Season it good with S&P or other spice blends.  If I want a goes-with-everything flavor, I just use S&P and maybe some Mrs. Dash original. 

If I want something decadent, I'll sometimes put springs of thyme and pats of butter under the skin and sprinkle with kosher salt.

Place in the slower cooker, set it for about 8-10 hours on low. 

I love, love, love the Honey Jalapeno rotisserie chicken at HEB, so I recreated it at home.  I made a marinade of lime juice, honey, garlic, chopped fresh jalapenos, and S&P.  In the same way one would brine a bird, I did that with the marinade.

Then I made a little platform of aluminum foil balls on the bottom of my slow cooker.  I placed the chicken on top and let if cook away. Delicioso!!

• Options
    imageMrsAJL:

Then I made a little platform of aluminum foil balls on the bottom of my slow cooker.  I placed the chicken on top and let if cook away. Delicioso!! 

Butting in: what exactly do you use the foil for?

Butting out!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I butted in to find out more about this slow cooker chicken, and I'm glad I did!  Thanks for the tips, MrsAJL.

While I'm being a buttinski, I noticed that your signature lists the Turkey Trot.  I walked the Turkey Trot last year, and thought you might want to know it's 5 miles, not 5K.

• Options
    imageGuavaGal:

I butted in to find out more about this slow cooker chicken, and I'm glad I did!  Thanks for the tips, MrsAJL.

While I'm being a buttinski, I noticed that your signature lists the Turkey Trot.  I walked the Turkey Trot last year, and thought you might want to know it's 5 miles, not 5K.

Ha! Thanks for saying something. My sister mentioned this the other day but I just haven't had a chance to update my siggy. 

• Options
    imageamycathy:
    imageMrsAJL:

Butting in: what exactly do you use the foil for?

Butting out!

The foil list the chicken off the bottom surface of the cooker to better allow the eat to crisp the skin. 

• Options
    i'm pulling my frozen chicken out of the freezer for this! can not wait! thanks :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"