June 2011 Moms
Options

s/o CDs...a question from a non-CD'er

Also posted on the CD board, but it doesn't seem as busy over there, so I thought I'd XP here.

My friend is having a baby and is due in January.  She is CD'ing and I'd like to add to her collection.  I don't CD, myself.  So please tell me what I kind I should get her and where to get them from.

Re: s/o CDs...a question from a non-CD'er

• Options

My go-tos for variety are Kelly's Closet and Jillian's Drawers.  Kelly's Closet is having some deals now and possibly free shipping.  Bum Genius pockets are probably the most popular dipes and they work fine for us but we also love the fitteds with covers.

I think there is a deal on BGs right now - buy 5 get one free maybe?  So depending on how much you want to spend, that might be a good option.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would ask her what style she plans on doing before I bought any. 

There are lots of good places online to get them. Cottonbabies.com or Kellyscloset.com or you could just ask her where she's getting them.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Like PP mentioned, Kelly's Closet is a great place to start. They have free shipping for orders over $49 and usually have a free diaper with minimum purchase running, too. I've also ordered a lot of stuff from Cotton Babies and Green Mountain Diapers and have had great customer service with both.

Do you know if she is planning to use pockets diapers or prefolds (the "old fashioned" kind)? Like Gym mentioned, BumGenius 4.0 pockets are VERY popular (the buy 5, get one free ends today), also FuzziBunz One Size are really well received.

I have a friend who knew nothing about CDing who gave me a little "set" of stuff: 2 FuzziBunz One Size, a dozen wipes and a small wet bag.

PS-I'm sure your friend will really appreciate you doing your research for this gift. It's very thoughtful of you to respect her desire to CD, you'd be surprised how many people would shrug it off and get you disposables anyway. Way to go! 

• Options

you are awesome!! She may have registered for some, so check her registries--

Amazon also has tons of CDs and of course free 2 day shipping with Prime through Amazon Mom

you can also get CD accessories like bioliners and planetwise wetbags or CD detergent :)

• Options
    To me Bum Genius are one of ym Go-to's. I like my cheaper Sunbabys too but BG's are very popular so for a gift I'd go with them.
  • Options

First off.. you are AWESOME!!!

I like my Fuzzibunz one size (leg holes are adjustable.. very nice) AND I like my Thirsties duo diaper. Ohh and definitely LOVE LOVE hemp inserts. So much better than the regular inserts that come with most diapers.  but I have an ETSY suggestion but I think you have to pm me for it. I don't think I am supposed to pimp out work at home mom's diapers.. I cannot remember the rules, but she does great work.

As far as stores, PPs gave some great ideas. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I also love the Bum Genius - but I'd check with your friend to see what she is using.  We went with all Bum Genius because daycare said that she would do it - your friend might have similar reasoning.

Just another thought - is she doing cloth wipes?  I am and recieved cloth wipes, Diaper Juice (what you spray on the cloth wipe) and butt balm.  It is one of my most favorite gifts by far.  I think it was purchased on etsy.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    image11kacey:
    . I have an ETSY suggestion but I think you have to pm me for it. I don't think I am supposed to pimp out work at home mom's diapers..
    I think so long as it's not yours and you don't link it in your wiggy, you can post links.

And Thanks ladies! I will see if I can feel her out. She is a SAHM so not day care worries. She is also making her own wipes. Right now I think she mostly has refolds. So I was thinking of getting her some nice pockets. :)
  • Options
    Rumparooz are nice because they are pockets and fit very early. Like 7 lbs early. We've used them from the first week.
  • Options
    I'll throw out another vote for Bum Genius because they're so easy and reliable. But, if you're wanting to get her something extra fun, get some Baby Legs. We were given a pair and I love them. I want more but it's something I can't really justify spending the money on to DH.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Options

I bought mine from granola babies. But I was buying a whole bunch of Bum Genius 4.0s and they gave me the best deal. But really, the prices are pretty close across the board... I got free shipping and the bulk rate AND the buy 5 get 1 deal.

Props to you for embracing your friend's CDing!! Most people thought I was nust for wanting to try it. But I spent about $300 and we have enough diapers to get DD through potty training, and enough for #2 as long as they aren't in diapers at the same time.... So who's nuts now, huh? ;) 

image imageVisit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"