January 2012 Moms
Options

Baby Food Cookbook?

I am planning on making my own baby food and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a baby food cookbook. I really didn't put much thought into it cause I figure I'd just blend different fruits or veggies together but then I started looking into cookbooks and realize that there's a lot you can do. There's so many to choose from that I was wondering if anyone had one they used in the past and liked. TIA
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: Baby Food Cookbook?

• Options

I made nearly all of DS's food. I literally used 17 jars of baby food totall, mostly bananas. I never used a cookbook. I always referred to this website: www.wholesomebabyfood.com

They have lots of great info about making your own food including timelines for starting different foods, prep and storage tips, and recipes!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCalMum_Momma:

I made nearly all of DS's food. I literally used 17 jars of baby food totall, mostly bananas. I never used a cookbook. I always referred to this website: www.wholesomebabyfood.com

They have lots of great info about making your own food including timelines for starting different foods, prep and storage tips, and recipes!

Yes  You can find pretty much anything and everything online. I had a Williams Sonoma cookbook, and I hardly ever used it (and I made almost all of dd's food).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have Cooking for Baby by Lisa Barnes and Top 100 Baby Purees by Annabel Karmel.  Annabel Karmel has published quite a few books on cooking for babies and children, I think. Both are broken down by age. 

I had fun cooking for DS. Babyfood can be pretty basic, but I got some great ideas of combinations (Apricot/apple/pear/vanilla, chicken/leeks/peas, baby muesli) that DS loved.  I also checked out a few more books from the library. weelicious.com is a geat site for recipes. (Mostly her older stuff, as her youngest is a toddler now.)

ETA: I agree with PPs you really don't need a cookbook. But I'm a cookbook hoarder, so of course I had to buy a few for the baby.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    lp0lp0 member
    Thank you for the website recommendation. I was reading the reviews on Amazon for a few different books but wasn't sure. I'll definitely check that out though :)
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options

it can be however complicated you want to make it :)

When we made it we just made the same types of combos that we saw on Gerber's stuff b/c I figured they made the best combos.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I bought a Baby Bullet with a leftover wedding gift card and I am very excited about it. It actually comes with a cook book and lists of what baby can and cannot eat for ages 4 months up. They also have a seperate cookbook OR you can just look up recipes online: https://www.babybullet.com/recipes.php

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageKelmarwil:

I bought a Baby Bullet with a leftover wedding gift card and I am very excited about it. It actually comes with a cook book and lists of what baby can and cannot eat for ages 4 months up. They also have a seperate cookbook OR you can just look up recipes online: https://www.babybullet.com/recipes.php

My mom is getting me one of these! I'm excited about it too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"