April 2011 Moms

Wait... so now there's ANOTHER FB group?

I noticed on my April 12 board that there is now a group of April 11 moms who have created a FB group for April 12 moms to ask advice and get questions. I mean, thanks for helping other ladies out, but I'm just confused how many FB groups there are even now. It's thoughtful, but it seems a little different to create a whole FB group for another month board to ask you questions. Couldn't "we" just post over here on April 11. I think I'm just a little confused.
photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg

Re: Wait... so now there's ANOTHER FB group?

• I'm so over hearing about the FB group. Isn't this board enough?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenettie27:
    I'm so over hearing about the FB group. Isn't this board enough?
    Yeah. I hated to bring it up again (so sorry), but I wasn't sure who to ask. I'm just confused WHICH FB group this is. The post said "created by April 11 moms" or something like that and I didn't remember it ever being discussed on our board. I'm honestly confused how many there are now and which one this advice giving one is. 
  • Loading the player...
  • It's a nice thought and all, but seriously, do we have that much advice to give to the April 2012 moms that they can't get on almost every other board on this site? It's not like we went to the April 2010 board asking questions and advice every day...
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageschenkertobe:
    It's a nice thought and all, but seriously, do we have that much advice to give to the April 2012 moms that they can't get on almost every other board on this site? It's not like we went to the April 2010 board asking questions and advice every day...

I agree with this.

I'm on FB, but I didn't know about this "advice" board lol!  I'm pretty sure the FB group has about a half-dozen off-board branches now.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I'm not sure if it's the group you're referring to, but I know that someone mentioned making a group specifically for PPD. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • The group was made for specific things. Say the new moms that develop PUPPS, Pre-E, or other conditions, so they can ask moms that have already been through it.  I think if  I knew there was a group of moms that had already been through a condition that I went through, I would seek out their advice.  It's easy to post general questions here on your month board, but if most people there are FTM, they may not have advice on it.  I think it's a good idea, and hope lots of mom's take part in it.  It's good to have a support system when you're going through something that's not "normal" during pregnancy.
  • I get what you guys are doing in theory, but it seems so much simpler to ask a question on the tri boards. I mean it's nice, it really is and seems really sweet, but you wouldn't have thought it was a liiiiiiitle weird for a select group of April 10 moms to make a private FB group that you have to join to ask for their wisdom when you were pg? Tri boards are HUGE and have way more people than an "april 11 btdt" FB group and there are plenty of people who aren't ftms.I think if  I knew there was a group of moms that had already been through a condition that I went through, I would seek out their advice . Yeah, that's honestly the point of the whole Bump... I guess I just got sick of the FB crap and now it's seriously popping up on my NEW month board. It's like the d@mn april 11 FB groups are freaking haunting me or something. 
  • I think its just a handful of people, not too sure. I thought it was a nice gesture but totally NMS. If a bunch of 2010 Mamas tried to give me advise I didn't ask for I'd tell them to shove it :)
    Love, Peace and Rock & Roll the urban ellas Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My theory is that people will settle into whichever place they find a connection with people and whichever format works the best for them. I for one did go back to the April 2010 board and ask a question. It is what it is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagewformickella:
    I think its just a handful of people, not too sure. I thought it was a nice gesture but totally NMS. If a bunch of 2010 Mamas tried to give me advise I didn't ask for I'd tell them to shove it :)
    The good thing is the advice isnt unwanted. they join to ask about specifics and we answer their questions instead of offering general advice for no reason :)
  • imagelhicks13:
    The group was made for specific things. Say the new moms that develop PUPPS, Pre-E, or other conditions, so they can ask moms that have already been through it.  I think if  I knew there was a group of moms that had already been through a condition that I went through, I would seek out their advice.  It's easy to post general questions here on your month board, but if most people there are FTM, they may not have advice on it.  I think it's a good idea, and hope lots of mom's take part in it.  It's good to have a support system when you're going through something that's not "normal" during pregnancy.

If I developed any of those conditions during my pregnancy, the first place I'd go is to the high risk board, not to the April 2010 moms. To each their own I guess. 

• imagewformickella:
    I think its just a handful of people, not too sure. I thought it was a nice gesture but totally NMS. If a bunch of 2010 Mamas tried to give me advise I didn't ask for I'd tell them to shove it :)

it is just a few people. I think someone came up with the idea, made the group and asked if anyone wanted to join. There really was no big discussion about it or collective decision. Those who thought it was a good idea, joined i guess. 

It wasn't my cup of tea either. My preg. was pretty text book except for my delivery and i don't think any expecting mother wants to hear what i went through. 

• I might be the only person in the world that doesn't have a FB account.Stick out tongue  But I like posting here, I feel a connection with the ladies here.
  • I want to know what new moms have time for TB plus multiple FB groups.  Are their LOs just the easiest babies ever?  My LO isn't very fussy at all and I still hardly have time to check TB from time to time.  Maybe I am just not as good at time management!  Confused
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • imageohiostategal:
    I want to know what new moms have time for TB plus multiple FB groups.  Are their LOs just the easiest babies ever?  My LO isn't very fussy at all and I still hardly have time to check TB from time to time.  Maybe I am just not as good at time management!  Confused

Agree 100%! I'm part of the FB page and I really can't keep up. I check the bump from time to time and post on FB from time to time, but I just don't have the time to keep up with all thats going on! 

• imageschenkertobe:

imageohiostategal:
    I want to know what new moms have time for TB plus multiple FB groups.  Are their LOs just the easiest babies ever?  My LO isn't very fussy at all and I still hardly have time to check TB from time to time.  Maybe I am just not as good at time management!  Confused

Agree 100%! I'm part of the FB page and I really can't keep up. I check the bump from time to time and post on FB from time to time, but I just don't have the time to keep up with all thats going on! 

i check it at work.. :)   when i'm home, i don't get on the computer much, unless baby is asleep for the night and my chores are done..so obviously that doesn't happen much. lol

• Not everyone who is on any of these boards are FTM, I'm a BTDT, and others are too. And, I agree, you do go to your doctor for things.  But sometimes when you want reassurance, or to hear other people's experience-you want actual people to talk to.  Nobody is claiming to be an expert, or act like they know it all. Just a place to share our stories and what we've gone through with future moms.

I guess the good thing about the board is if you don't like it, you don't have to join it. I don't get what the big deal is otherwise. 

• imageschenkertobe:
    If I developed any of those conditions during my pregnancy, the first place I'd go is to the high risk board, not to the April 2010 moms. To each their own I guess. 

Great idea in theory, but not every condition is "that common" and while I appreciated the bed rest mommma's constant posting, the general "high risk" board offered little to know reassurance or guidance....

Besides the fact that there you are asking people for guidance who are in the same position as you (not much more help in the knowledge dept) vs people who have already been through it....

• imageCTGirl30:

I never got into the FB off-boards but I think if I developed pre-E, PUPPS, etc - I'd be asking my doctor first and then posting to the Tri boards since they're national and therefore a much larger amount of BTDT moms around for advice, etc...FTMs of 4-5 month olds hardly qualify as experts on alot of child-raising topics, IMHO.

I guess I don't get the off-boards but that's me. I check my usual boards on TB (Working Moms, 3-6, April 11) and that's about it these days.

This board has absolutely NOTHING to do with child REARING

• Don't let me "post numbers" fool you as I changed my SN and am NOT a newbie.....

Here's the straight poop [Take a big whiff]

I joined TB about 2 days after my BFP.... and as nice as it was to have something to check and chat with others going through the same thing....

Ya'll were and still are a bunch of hormonal WITCHES.

I was downright scared to post questions half the time because certain groups on here deemed themselves the regal authority on all thing PG because they have been there or read a book and made people feel like crap for asking "stupid" questions....

What a load of crap! Then, shortly after Charlotte was born I joined the FB group....

THANK GOD!

With all we have been through these past 3 months (and even before), I honestly don't know what I would do without THOSE April 11 mammas!

They can get snarky at times, yes, but overall they are sweet and genuine and caring and they don't bully and reem people out.

I agree with the new "Off Board" (which really isn't an "off" board at all seeing as it has an entirely different purpose) because it is a SAFE haven for those who are having difficulties to SOLICIT advice from BTDTs WITHOUT fear of a bunch of crunchy bullies pushing their face in the mud.... OR wondering if anyone will EVER flipping respond since they aren't one of "popular" ones....

So, as others have said.... if you don't like it, don't go there. Quit your b*tching and realize that not everyone is the same and some formats work better than others for all diferent reasons...

Oh, and seeing as so many have flocked to the FB group..... I would be willing to wager THAT is the popular format and YOU are the minority.

• IMO, Facebook format is easier.  I could never get TB to work properly on my phone.  I'm also lazy, and it's easier to go to one group and see all the topics and posts (and docs) than go to 27 different groups on TB.  I've also found that the FB groups seem to be WAY less judgmental (despite a few major drama moments), which I guess comes from seeing a person's face and their name and their baby, instead of just a Bump screenname.  I popped over into the advice board and it doesn't seem like anyone is giving 'advice' per se, just sharing birth stories and "my LO had this condition, this is how it turned out'.  I also don't see what the problem with an off board is... should all baby related stuff EVER be confined to TB only?  To each their own.

CJN - I think you need a new pic of Bina on your siggy <3 Love her!

• imageLittleDelany:

IMO, Facebook format is easier.  I could never get TB to work properly on my phone.  I'm also lazy, and it's easier to go to one group and see all the topics and posts (and docs) than go to 27 different groups on TB.  I've also found that the FB groups seem to be WAY less judgmental (despite a few major drama moments), which I guess comes from seeing a person's face and their name and their baby, instead of just a Bump screenname.  I popped over into the advice board and it doesn't seem like anyone is giving 'advice' per se, just sharing birth stories and "my LO had this condition, this is how it turned out'.  I also don't see what the problem with an off board is... should all baby related stuff EVER be confined to TB only?  To each their own.

CJN - I think you need a new pic of Bina on your siggy <3 Love her!

I agree with EVERYTHING you just said.... You just said it a lot nicer than me lol

Plus with the name/face thing... I have actually gotten to know the girls and their babies rather than trying to keep sn's straight.....

And you are right.... must change it.... lol - that was the whole reason I changed my sn in the first place! I couldn't change my signature stuff! LOL

• Siggy pic updated ;o)
  • imageCJN2011:
    Siggy pic updated ;o)

Yes 

• I use both, but FB is easier because it alerts me when someone responds to my post.
  • I have no problem with an off group and whom it's offered too.  I prefer the FB page because it moves along faster.  I also like TB because there are so many other boards with my common interest.  So that way I can seek out other like minded moms on what ever topic I am interest in.  
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The AMA group is kind of a niche group made up of April 11 moms with a variety of pregnancy and birth experiences. It was linked to the April 12 group just because we feel we have a little in common with them with the similar timelines but really any new moms would be welcome if they felt a need to join. No one considers themselves experts and we would all certainly encourage a new mother to discuss her issues with her doctor. The intent is not to give unsolicited advice or advice on raising children in general, but to share experiences and "how to deal".

Having complications or conditions do not necessarily make one high-risk. I had a long list of issues through pregnancy and labor and would not have been considered such. In addition to certain problems not being HR, some are so rare (in general or just on TB) that they would be overlooked or unanswered on a Tri or Month board.

The FB groups are there for those who want to join. I personally find the format easier, and since I'm already on FB often, I don't have to check another site to chat. I only really come to TB anymore for SwapSpot. And maybe I'm super lucky, but my baby is very easy and could be online all day if I wasn't so fond of snuggling him! But I do check in at work and when daddy spends time with him in the evenings.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"