Success after IF

Anyone done back to back IVF's?

I got a BFN in July from IVF #1. I am doing IVF #2 now. If this fails would you do #3 in September. I am 40 and feel I do not have time to waste. Aside from finances, do people take breaks simply just to take a break or for health/medical reasons. Does it affect the egg quality/cycles if you do them back to back? We have insurance that covers three fresh cycles.

Re: Anyone done back to back IVF's?

• I did 3 IVF cycles back to back as a gestational carrier. Not that their clinic seemed to care about my health but they didn't seem to think there needed to be a break. I was always back on the estrogen by cd3.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We did two IVF's back to back. One the end of May 2009 and then July 2009. With your age, as long as your RE was okay with it I would do a 3rd in Sept. However I would want to take the time to discuss with your RE maybe changing your protocol- or would there be any extra tests that should be done? Having 2 failed IVF cyces would be something that would prompt me to stop and ask more questions. I would want to go into that third IVF with as much info as possible.

Our RE said it was good in terms of egg quality- he felt with me the stims helped my egg quality (not sure if he was correct) but he said sometimes you get better eggs with back to back cycles. My 2nd IVF worked but ended in miscarriage (not sure for what reason)

For me I had to keep going, it was very hard to stop- treatments were almost like an addiction to me.

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My clinic required a month off in between to rest the ovaries and relax my ute. As well to kind of normalize my hormones after the mega-doses of drugs. I would give it a month.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I did 3 back-to-back IVFs.  My RE had no problem with it (as long as there were no cysts from the meds from the prior cycle) and said it had no impact on quality, etc.  They just said as long as I was physically / mentally up for it, I could keep going.  For me, I preferred to cycle again than to take one off...I just felt like I was losing/wasting time when I skipped a cycle due to a 'break' so I actually preferred continuing largely for that reason.
    5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My Bfp with g was a back to back. I am not good at waiting so taking a break would have been torture for me. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yes, my failed cycle was a long lupron and we went right to antagonist protocol on the day I got my period. I started stims a few days later and the result is in my sig! 
    2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagePrincessShay80:

We did two IVF's back to back. One the end of May 2009 and then July 2009. With your age, as long as your RE was okay with it I would do a 3rd in Sept. However I would want to take the time to discuss with your RE maybe changing your protocol- or would there be any extra tests that should be done? Having 2 failed IVF cyces would be something that would prompt me to stop and ask more questions. I would want to go into that third IVF with as much info as possible.

Our RE said it was good in terms of egg quality- he felt with me the stims helped my egg quality (not sure if he was correct) but he said sometimes you get better eggs with back to back cycles. My 2nd IVF worked but ended in miscarriage (not sure for what reason)

For me I had to keep going, it was very hard to stop- treatments were almost like an addiction to me.

I'm going into my second IVF cycle, not third. I really don't even think the first counts because we only transferred 1 5 day blast - the other is on ice. Being 40 I look back and think I should have transferred that one at that time. Thing is I was afraid of twins ... now I want to be more agressive.
  • imagedesabean:
    My Bfp with g was a back to back. I am not good at waiting so taking a break would have been torture for me. Good luck!

This is the way I feel.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"