April 2012 Moms
Options

Maternity clothes for tall mamas?

I'm thinking ahead a little here, but at 5'11" I have always had a difficult time finding pants to fit, and shirts that are long enough.

Is there such a thing as tall maternity wear?  My go-to stores for work clothes (JCrew and Banana Republic) don't appear to carry maternity.  I also tend to rely on pencil skirts (I can fudge the length) but that is obviously so not happening anymore. A quick Google search isn't turning up anything promising.

Suggestions anyone???

BabyFruit Ticker Miscarriage at 7 weeks 2/20/11. Happy and blessed to be expecting again!

Re: Maternity clothes for tall mamas?

• Options

I found an amazing woman on Etsy.  She makes maternity pants out of your own pants for $20.  You just mail her your pants/jeans/khakis and she has them back to you in 5 business days.

Her site is:  www.etsy.com/shop/BellyJeans. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BFP #1: 1/10/10, m/c: 2/4/10 at 7w4d
    BFP #2 - 12/30/10, m/c: 1/6/11 6w4d
    BFP: #3 7/29/11, m/c: 9/7/11 at 9w5d
    Just started 1st IVF cycle Feb. 20.
  • Options
    imageSeasTLC:

I found an amazing woman on Etsy.  She makes maternity pants out of your own pants for $20.  You just mail her your pants/jeans/khakis and she has them back to you in 5 business days.

Her site is:  www.etsy.com/shop/BellyJeans. 

Thank you so much for the tip!  I wouldn't have thought of that as an option... I will definitely check her out. :)

BabyFruit Ticker Miscarriage at 7 weeks 2/20/11. Happy and blessed to be expecting again!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 6ft tall and had this same question when I first got my BFP. JCPenny has talls in maternity but mostly only online.  Old Navy also does, but they are only 34" inseam.  Thats not long enough for me but since ur 2 in shorter, they might work for you!  If you find anything else, let me know!!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker here we go steelers Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options

Thanks for posting this I was already thinking about just having my regular pants converted since I'm 6'1 and can't find any!!

BFP #1 June 19, 2010, M/C August 1, 2010 BFP #2 March 16, 2011, M/C March 29, 2011 BFP #3 July 26, 2011, Missed M/C discovered Sept. 13, 2011 BFP #4 Nov. 22, 2012!!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered Gap jeans in tall, but I am only 5'9, not sure if that helps.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm  6'1 and last pregnancy I bought a lot of my pants at GAP and their outlet stores.  It's been 6 years so I can't remember any other places.  Oh, and he was a summer baby so maybe that's the issue. Good Luck
  • Options

I am 6'1 and the tall pants from JCPenney are perfect.  You can try on the maternity pants at the store to find your size and order the tall size online.

That worked for me!  That is also on my to-do list for Friday!  :)

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am 5'11 and love Gap pants in long. Bonus if you live next to a Gap Outlet.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ::lurking::  I'm only 5'6'', but someone posted about this on the first tri board today and there were a lot of good suggestions of where to shop.  I think the girl titled it "Maternity clothes for amazons?" lol (or something really close to that)

My angel Avery- 2/16/12, My rainbow Blake= 3/4/13, Joyfully awaiting #3 5/11/15
  • Options
    You are going to have to order a lot online, I order mine from JCPenney, Old Navy, The Gap, even Motherhood's long length for jeans is long enough.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the advice!  A 34" inseam works, though I prefer 36".  I will definitely check out the stores everyone has mentioned, and I may end up having at least one pair of jeans converted.
  • Options

Try Mommy Long Legs. I had a pair of their jeans and trousers and loved them. 

Good Luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"