Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Headed to Ireland

Hey Gals! I am headed to Ireland for my first vacation in another country. If anyone has any travel tips or things I shouldn't miss seeing in Ireland I would love to hear them. This is my dream vacation. Anyone else have any upcoming vacations they are excited about!?

Re: Headed to Ireland

• Options
    How Exciting!!! have a Great time!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am going to Italy next year.  A Mediterranean cruise.  On this boat.  It is the same one we just took when we went to the Caribbean. 
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're doing a cruise to Cozumel at the end of September then I'm headed to NY for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular in December. Have fun!
  • Options

Have a wonderful time! I hear Ireland is beautiful!

I am actually headed to the Dominican republic this Saturday!!

• Options
    imagekry&rud09:
    How Exciting!!! have a Great time!!!!!
    Thanks think I will be fertile during the trip or right after so it will be fun for that too! Wink
  • Options

I love Ireland! Have fun! Depending on where you are going in Ireland, the Waterford Castle and Ashford Castle are my recommendations. Also the Blarney Castle to kiss the stone!

Ashford Castle:

ETA- PIP

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • Options
    imagemegemoney:
    I am going to Italy next year.  A Mediterranean cruise.  On this boat.  It is the same one we just took when we went to the Caribbean. 
    ARE YOU KIDDING!!? That boat is amazing!
  • Options
    How fun!  My BF is deploying soon and for her R&R she's going to Ireland.  We're supposed to meet her over there.  :)  I'm pretty excited!!!!
  • Options
    imagetairairat:

Oh I loved Ireland!

My advice, go to a real pub.  Order Guinness.

Other than that when I went it was a school sponsered trip, so we did a lot of "educational" things like Giant's Causeway, which was actually pretty cool.

Dublin is a must.

Yummy! I think I will order it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Heard it's like a meal.
  • Options
    imageericad317:

Excited for you. Have so much fun!
  • Options

imagekatiedollaz:
    imagemegemoney:
    ARE YOU KIDDING!!? That boat is amazing!

Not kidding.  It is amazing.  It is a beautiful ship.  I have some great photos of it, but not here at work that I can share.  

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
  • Options
    imagetairairat:

imageSParkman80:
    I love Ireland! Have fun! Depending on where you are going in Ireland, the Waterford Castle and Ashford Castle are my recommendations. Also the Blarney Castle to kiss the stone!

I did that, it didn't work.  I want my money back.

LOL! Yeah really. Hasn't worked for me either... YET! :)

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • Options
    We went there for our honeymoon in March! You will love it! I keep looking at the pictures saying I cannot believe I was there and I wish we could go back! My avatar is of the Rings of Kerry!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DX: Severe MFI 9/1/11
    Because of Undescended testicle at birth
    IVF #1 October BFN; 5 snowbabies
    FET: November/December 2011
    ET: 12/7/11; Beta 1: 12/16/11: 66 Beta 2: 12/19/11: 212! 1st ultrasound 1/3/12! Graduated 1/10/12: heartbeat 160
    SAIF Always Welcome
  • Options
    imagePam MG:
    We went there for our honeymoon in March! You will love it! I keep looking at the pictures saying I cannot believe I was there and I wish we could go back! My avatar is of the Rings of Kerry!
    What cities did you go to? We are going to Northern Ireland too. I heard Kinsale is one of the most beautiful places there. Going there for one night. Did you do the Guinness factory tour?
  • Options
    imagekatiedollaz:
    imageericad317:

Excited for you. Have so much fun!

Thank you :)

• Options
    I'm so jealous!! I have wanted to go to Ireland for a long time. Have a blast!
  • Options
    How exciting!  That is my dream vacation as well!!   However, we did go on a cruise to to Jamaica, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman this past Feb, and at the end of this month we are going to Hawaii for our delayed honeymoon!!  Can't wait!
  • Options
    imageSParkman80:

What do you think the Blarney Stone does? It gives the gift of gab. I don't get why you are saying it hasn't worked for you yet? That makes no sense.

OP, where in Ireland are you going? I lived there for a while in college and traveled as much as I could.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageBubbalub:
    imageSParkman80:

What do you think the Blarney Stone does? It gives the gift of gab. I don't get why you are saying it hasn't worked for you yet? That makes no sense.

OP, where in Ireland are you going? I lived there for a while in college and traveled as much as I could.

Please excuse the spelling of some towns. We are going to Belfast, Sligo, Kinsale and Dublin. Staying in a hotel a night in each town. We are seeing the giants cosway, cliffs of moor, tons of churches, castle, stopping at little pubs and going to try to do Guinness tour. The thing is we only are there 4 days and 4 nights. Quick trip. Anything I should see?
  • Options

You're only there for 4 days? Are you renting a car?

That is way too much to try to do in 4 days. The Giant's Causeway and the Cliffs of Moher are on opposite sides of the country. Generally if people only have a few days they either choose a northern loop or a southern loop. You are trying to do both and I hate to tell you this but if you succeed you will be running yourself ragged and not allowing yourself any time to actually enjoy yourself and see the country.

Are you flying in and out of Dublin? If you want castles and natural wonders i would suggest a southern route from Dublin, down through the Wicklow Mountains with a stop in Glendalough, then overnight in Kilkenny. Do a castle tour, head west and stop in Tipperary for a tour of the Rock of Cashel. Keep heading west to Killarney and the lake country. Tour Ross Castle and head northwest to the Cliffs of Moher. From there head to Galway, spend the afternoon/evening in the town, then head back east the next day to Dublin. (Or stay there if you are flying out of Shannon).

If you already have your itinerary set, good luck. Try not to rush everything, give yourself a chance to just sit in a pub and listen to the music. 

• Options
    imageBubbalub:

You're only there for 4 days? Are you renting a car?

That is way too much to try to do in 4 days. The Giant's Causeway and the Cliffs of Moher are on opposite sides of the country. Generally if people only have a few days they either choose a northern loop or a southern loop. You are trying to do both and I hate to tell you this but if you succeed you will be running yourself ragged and not allowing yourself any time to actually enjoy yourself and see the country.

Are you flying in and out of Dublin? If you want castles and natural wonders i would suggest a southern route from Dublin, down through the Wicklow Mountains with a stop in Glendalough, then overnight in Kilkenny. Do a castle tour, head west and stop in Tipperary for a tour of the Rock of Cashel. Keep heading west to Killarney and the lake country. Tour Ross Castle and head northwest to the Cliffs of Moher. From there head to Galway, spend the afternoon/evening in the town, then head back east the next day to Dublin. (Or stay there if you are flying out of Shannon).

If you already have your itinerary set, good luck. Try not to rush everything, give yourself a chance to just sit in a pub and listen to the music. 

thanks! Yes we are renting a car. Already booked all our rooms so we are excited to drive and see the countryside. Oh yes the Rock of Cashel we were going to stop there too. Flying out of Dublin.
  • Options

You absolutely will not have enough time to do everything you have listed here in 4 days. Pick the things you are interested in the most and make a list of importance. Take a look at a map and figure out driving distances. As an example, it takes 3-4 hours to drive from east to west (Dublin to Galway) and about 8 hours to drive north-south.

• Options
    imageBubbalub:
    imageSParkman80:

You're right I was thinking of granted wishes when I said "yet". My bad. But it still hasn't worked for me FTR. Wink Thanks for pointing that out.
    BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

• Options
    Wow!  That is so exciting!  I have always wanted to go there.  And your first trip oversees.  Have you seen the movie Leap Year?  It's a pretty silly Amy Adams movie, but it takes place mostly in Ireland and has lots of beautiful cinematography - it might be fun to watch before going there.  Have a fabulous time!  

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I am so incredibly jealous of you! Definitely post pics when you get back!
  • Options
    imageroxianne15:
    We're doing a cruise to Cozumel at the end of September then I'm headed to NY for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular in December. Have fun!
    I thought you were deleting your account.
    Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"