April 2011 Moms
Options

Needing to have a pity party...

And you april ladies are all I've got! Lol. I am currently sitting at my dr.s office getting a medicine infusion. I have an autoimmune disease and it is in a wicked flare meaning my muscles are really weak and I have been having horrible headaches. My muscle enzymes are at 5200 the normal range is 50- 100. The meds she is giving right now is meant to give me a little boost because we are flying to Ohio on Friday. My doctor and I discussed what to do next. I'm so sad, I had to stop bfing to take some meds and they just haven't worked. I've been giving myself a shot once a week and then I take this other med that makes me have some serious GI issues. My options next are either A chemo drug that my insurance probably won't approve at $25,000 a dose or a different infused med that they give over 8 hours per day for 5 days straight. For this they come to the house. At least I have a great sitter for jack who comes to my house. I have done both in the past and they seem to work for a while and then they don't. I'm sad and frustrated. I seriously hate this stupid disease. There are some silver linings to it but since I'm deeply immersed in my pity party right now I'll save those. Thanks for listening ladies!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Needing to have a pity party...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"